Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50

So PvP...

How it is:
    - Moderately fun.
    - Horrendously unbalanced.
    - Sleeps dominate.
    - Bards #1 DPS class by a considerable margin.
    - Melee deadzone absolutely outrageous.

What it needs:
    - Melee range needs to be increased by 1.5-2 yds
    - Sleep duration needs to be cut down to 8sec top, DR reworked
    - Allow casters to cast properly without being interrupted
    - Give melee actual snares - 50% movement reduction speed (Solves latency / deadzone issues)

I'm sure there's a ton more but this is what I've noticed so far.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Zefis Shadowsea
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 60
    Double Bard comp is usually a nightmare, at least as melee it has been. At least with Black Mage it is somewhat possible to shut down their capabilities and with trinket(purify) it also cuts down on the sleep problem a bit. However, a well coordinated team running Double Bard can wreck melee teams. I don't know if they are easier for a team with black mages or summoners but this has been my experience. Almost all of my losses are to teams running bards, and the other rare losses are to teams with black mages. Weapon throw is an absolute necessity as melee and should be taken as your first ability, even before trinket.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kialandi Nyx
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    It's just a race....People run in circles until someone dies. I just had a 15 minute battle where we got them down to 2 people and the whm sprinted in circles for 10 minutes ressing.... The dps might have been bad and not killed him, but thats still ridiculous considering I was doing the same thing...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jeremy Dale
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeltis View Post
    It's just a race....People run in circles until someone dies. I just had a 15 minute battle where we got them down to 2 people and the whm sprinted in circles for 10 minutes ressing.... The dps might have been bad and not killed him, but thats still ridiculous considering I was doing the same thing...
    Yeah this seems my impression too.

It's all about running around in circles until the first person dies.

It's a shame because I actually think it's balanced decent and could be fun if there was more straight forward combat.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cirra Maru
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Bard's don't have much advantage over running away, get your melee to attack them to close the gap. Dragoons have 3 jumps, Warriors have an ability to pull enemies towards you.

If you get your guys to target a Bard down fast then how is it imbalanced? Maybe your group has crappy coordination?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ketoru Damascus
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 22

Seriously

I am a monk and I have no issues with PVP. I absolutely love it. I can't count the number of healers BLM and or bards I've stomped. Its simple good teams win games. Know your roll and play it well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kam Varrin
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiramu View Post
    Bard's don't have much advantage over running away, get your melee to attack them to close the gap. Dragoons have 3 jumps, Warriors have an ability to pull enemies towards you.

If you get your guys to target a Bard down fast then how is it imbalanced? Maybe your group has crappy coordination?
    She's not saying they're hard to kill. She's referring to bard's ability to chase runners down WHILE dpsing them. Something no other class (not even other ranged) can do with the same effect.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kam8T88; 12-18-2013 at 05:37 AM.