Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Avon Rekaes
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Yup, that's what I'm talking about. I only have the first three. Maybe there was just a freak bug or something after completing the third one that didn't flag the fourth one from showing up. I'll try it again. Thanks for the link!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jon Targarian
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    No. Why? Because that is what the initial beginner dungeons and Guildhests are for. This is just not going to teach someone to be a good tank/DPS/healer. Going to dungeons, and learning them is the best way to learn.

What next, you'l ask them to make a quest that the NPC tells you to visit You Tube and watch a dungeon run before allowing them to queue up?
    Don't be silly. If the beginning dungeons did what you say they did, we wouldn't have the large amounts of fail that currently exist with WP, AK and other higher level instances where tanks don't mark and DPS doesn't understand the simple concepts of attack the marked target and watch your aggro.

Having these types of quests would not impact you in any way and would teach some very basic concepts to tanks and DPS that they will no learn while being carried through content.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Misenklauph Drakkfhur
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    This notion is absolutely absurd. You learn to tank . . . from tanking. If players and/or community want you to do it a specific way, you learn by doing it with them.

Personally, I think SE needs to make their players pass an IQ test, as well as an etiquette test, before allowing a player access to post on the forums, or make use of the chat function in game. (Read-only access)

but Alas, then OP couldn't post here. /Dream.
    (1)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2237443/]
    Quote Originally Posted by Noni View Post
    I wish more tanks were like you also.
    http://xivreborn.com/gen/Misenklauph_Drakkfhur_Ultros_Classes.jpg

Player
    Character
    Jon Targarian
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishini_Dracoto View Post
    This notion is absolutely absurd. You learn to tank . . . from tanking. If players and/or community want you to do it a specific way, you learn by doing it with them.

Personally, I think SE needs to make their players pass an IQ test, as well as an etiquette test, before allowing a player access to post on the forums, or make use of the chat function in game. (Read-only access)

but Alas, then OP couldn't post here. /Dream.
    Clearly the guy throwing around insults deserves more to be a poster than someone suggesting that SE help and teach players to be better at the game. Looks like I am not the only one here with absurd notions.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Marledia Nadine
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by AvonRekaes View Post
    How many guildhests are there anyway? I've only seen 3, and I've talked to all five battle wardens.
    There are 14. Two for every five levels, beginning at level 10 and ending at level 40. You only visit a Battle Warden to unlock the first one. After that, finishing a new guildhest for the first time will automatically add the next one to your Duty Finder list. This will continue to be how you unlock new guildhests until you have reached level 40 and unlocked all 14 of them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raymeo; 12-18-2013 at 05:31 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2