Player
    Character
    Tsuki Kiyoshi
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Provoke Griefing FATE's

Just had an experience with the Dark Devices FATE where we spent a good 7 or 8 minutes whittling down the last boss only for a player to come in at the last 5% and Provoke her and pull her out of range so that she reset.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened and unfortunately I didn't happen to get a look at the player who did it but this seriously needs to be addressed in some way.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kaguya Houraisan
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    I thought you couldn't Provoke FATE monsters... you can now?
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Lyote Sharaia
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Wanna know what happens when I Provoke a FATE boss?

Nothing.

You get "Fully Resisted" when you try to Provoke a mob not your own tag. Have tested this on a number of FATEs. Boss FATE mobs seem especially resistant to Provoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Ri_ri View Post
    I thought you couldn't Provoke FATE monsters... you can now?
    Looks he was trying to start a troll thread. Best to let it die. And i fed it by responding ._.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Tsuki Kiyoshi
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylve View Post
    Wanna know what happens when I Provoke a FATE boss?

Nothing.

You get "Fully Resisted" when you try to Provoke a mob not your own tag. Have tested this on a number of FATEs. Boss FATE mobs seem especially resistant to Provoke.

Looks he was trying to start a troll thread. Best to let it die. And i fed it by responding ._.
    People wonder why these forums are considered to be awful by the community. People like you are why. I appreciate your post by claiming that this is a "troll thread" but I assure you that it's not and I'd like if you would please take your assumptions elsewhere.

Provoking on Milburgh in the Dark Devices fate most definitely worked because someone came in and grabbed the boss and hauled ass. If people choose to ignore it by claiming that I'm lying then I would prefer they don't post at all.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Yuki Ynagi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    hardly difficult take you for a liar when provoke stopped work in fate since beta. If anything, go to a fate and try yourself
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Mazi'to Apkallu
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    The OP is half right, there is a bug that causes Milbur to run away and reset herself however it is NOT provoke. Not sure what causes it to happen but I've seen it myself.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    I've tried on that boss specifically myself before and it does indeed not work. Provoke has no effect in fates
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Shirai N'yankoro
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60
    Ok, perhaps you aren't lying, but looking at this from an outside perspective I do see inconsitencies in your story.

Provoke only adds 1 enmity over the rest, a single hit from someone with establshed enmity on the mob should have no problem getting it back with an action of their own so it is highly unlikely that someone came running in at the last 5% just to run off with it.
    It had to be someone that already had a lot of agro on the mob.

You say you have no name of the culprit, another inconsistency.
    If you target the mob you can see exactly who the mob is targeting, and that will be your culprit.

You will have to forgive us cynical bastards for not believing you that easy.

Now here's my more plausible theory:
    Someone that already had a considerable amount of accumulated enmity saw that the mob was near dead, thus the FATE nearly ending, and saw on the map that another FATE had spawned close by.
    He or she starts running towards there not realizing that they had the agro and accidentally drags the mob out of its zone and resets it.
    (4)
    Felis catus

Player
    Character
    Azalea Cindersong
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Bosses that randomly target people with spells will run after those people if they try to leave before the fate is finished. Anyone who fate grinded while the lightning fate was going on would've seen the dreadnaught/chaos demon chasing after random people from a mile away.

Player x sees fate boss is almost dead.
    Player x sees that another fate is up.
    Player x sprints off to do the other fate.
    Fate boss happens to target player x with Void Fire II.
    Fate boss dashes after player x in order to get in range for the cast.
    Fate boss reaches boundary and gets yanked back.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Tam Hawkins
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Provoke really doesn't work on fate Monsters, i tried it on a Boss only a week ago (a black mage was tanking) and it didn't work, had to get agro the normal way.
    So I think the reason that your fate reseted was definitly not because of provoke.
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast