Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ganbaatar Lundr
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    So wait can you do each of the three gathering professions every 18 hours? o-o Also I've been having pretty poor luck finding a map as a Botanist.. Though it was nodes about a certain level and it wasn't the unspoiled nodes? Sorry for the noobish questions haven't had a lot of time to prod into this >_<
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kluya Heiral
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardfist View Post
    I did an 8 man hunt yesterday. I only did it with 4 people but we could have done it with less. There were several waves of 3-5 mobs, but they all had pretty low hp. It might be a little harder to solo, but it is easy with 2-3 people. I have no idea why they thought you would need 8.
    Probably because you are in Allagan gear and the number is directed towards fresh 50's. But yes I agree, it's very easy
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sasch'a Maruhime
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CHunterX View Post
    stuff
    The 8-man maps provide some easy weekly gil generation if you do them w/ 8 people and have more gatherers get your maps throughout the week. The loot is split(items etc.), but the gil are individual to the char. So with 8 chars, each map can generate 14.2k to 40k (before selling mats) for your guild bank. That gets multiplied by the amount of maps that you have (1 gatherer can get 7-9 a week) and that really starts to add up after a while. 5 gatherers getting 8 maps a week, for 40 hunts (really easy to do) with 8 people, can give you 512k - 1.6mil. Sure that's not anywhere near the huge housing prices, but it's easy gil and only gets bigger the more people/gatherers you have.

Edit: Said earlier that the shards were individual, but it's only the gil.
    (4)
    Last edited by Omegakiyohime; 12-24-2013 at 05:00 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aria Erabith
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 90
    Very true, our FC has been gathering them up and spawning 6-8 depending on who can. Payouts are not bad at all, yesterday one of them gave everyone ~5k and 15 myth. Today we spawned several Alpha mobs, the morbol one netted us 8 potash. Easy to do and literally creates gil from thin air, what's not to like.
    (4)
    Just your friendly neighborhood elezen

Player
    Character
    Sasch'a Maruhime
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobi View Post
    Very true, our FC has been gathering them up and spawning 6-8 depending on who can. Payouts are not bad at all, yesterday one of them gave everyone ~5k and 15 myth. Today we spawned several Alpha mobs, the morbol one netted us 8 potash. Easy to do and literally creates gil from thin air, what's not to like.
    Yeah, my fc is turning it into a weekly event for housing funds. Not going to put us near a large house, but it will make a medium house easier since it is a money tree.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    From what I can gather the Boarskin and Peisteskin maps can only be gotten through fishing... is this correct or am i missing something?

Patch notes say

Timeworn Boarskin Map: Level 50 mature trees, lush vegetation patches, mineral deposits, rocky outcrops, and fishing holes (Reaver Hide and the Tangle only)
    Timeworn Peisteskin Map: Level 50 mature trees, lush vegetation patches, mineral deposits, rocky outcrops, and fishing holes (Lake Tahtotl, Parata's Peace, and the North Shards only).
    and I can't seem to find any mining / logging nodes in these areas.

can anyone shed some light on this?

please and thanks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sasch'a Maruhime
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsume View Post
    From what I can gather the Boarskin and Peisteskin maps can only be gotten through fishing... is this correct or am i missing something?

Patch notes say

and I can't seem to find any mining / logging nodes in these areas.

can anyone shed some light on this?

please and thanks.

It's SE's bad wording at play again. The areas in parentheses are only the fishing places. The nodes are your normal lvl 50 nodes listed in the gathering log i.e. south thanalan for btn etc. etc.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegakiyohime View Post
    It's SE's bad wording at play again. The areas in parentheses are only the fishing places. The nodes are your normal lvl 50 nodes listed in the gathering log i.e. south thanalan for btn etc. etc.
    Ahh, okay! Thanks!

Edit: has anyone figured out whether there is a large discrepancy between Boarskin and Pesteskin map reward loot tables?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Konoka Neko
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    I would love it to be harder as well as better rewarded due to difficulty.

Adding a NM or HNM as a boss will be a good fight,
    or we get teled to a randomize mini instance where there are some puzzles/mobs in there.

Propose to add some blueprints for unique stuff which can only be crafted X times and the blueprint go poof!
    ( Ppl who played eve online should know :P )
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jasmine Clayworth
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice_89th View Post
    I believe the maps are found based on location, not level.
    Oh, ok. Thanks.
    (1)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast