Player
    Character
    Schala Zeal
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    Not really, I can almost solo the 8 man Alpha maps, main issue is I can't kill it fast enough solo. Having as DD with me would make it easy.
    8 man alpha plus 3 sea wasps casting paralysis on you is not the same.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Melfina Amastacia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by SchalaZeal View Post
    8 man alpha plus 3 sea wasps casting paralysis on you is not the same.
    You know, one of them WAS in that area, think you're missing the point.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Inari Silverfox
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydia13 View Post
    How do you gather treasure maps exactly? Like you'll just be harvesting and instead of the item you'll get a map?
    I don't know about FSH, but on MNR or BTN when gathering you'll see a bottle icon and an item name that is some sort of Timeworn map. There are multiple types it could be.

Once you've gathered it, provided you've finished the Decipher quest, it will reveal the location of the treasure.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Schala Zeal
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    You know, one of them WAS in that area, think you're missing the point.
    Went yesterday as SCH with a BLM, both i75 average or so. And we died soon enough to the 8+ enemies attacking us, only one of which was from the treasure.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sasch'a Maruhime
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayin View Post
    This is wrong. Last night my map dropped 250 wind shards and they went to a random player. I didn't get anything.
    Yeah, the part about the shards is wrong, but the gil is still given to the individual. My FC made about 250k in an hour from around 14 maps, with little to no effort and not even a full half a weeks work of maps (we probably have 8-9 lvl50 gatherers w/ some more on the way).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Melfina Amastacia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by SchalaZeal View Post
    Went yesterday as SCH with a BLM, both i75 average or so. And we died soon enough to the 8+ enemies attacking us, only one of which was from the treasure.
    I was on SCH, in Cleric Stance, Chocobo was out and it's healer spec, but had it on free stance. Would bane dots over to unwanted adds, as well as miasma 2 and shadowflare. Got it down to ~20% before the timer ran out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Inari Silverfox
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    I'm wondering if tome distribution is always equal. The first two I did were one man, and I got 5 philo tomes. The next one I did was also 1 man, but I invited a FC mate to join just for kicks, and only got 2 tomes. He also got 2. I'm wondering if it was cut in half (and then rounded down to 2) because someone was with me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Amber Earns
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 70

My maps and what I found

Level 40 - 45 nodes only seem to show up as rank 4 or lower maps but the 50 nodes give rank 2 - 5 maps

Do not gather a map and keep mining if the map is not the rank you want, took me 30 minutes to get the Piestie map I wanted.

You can solo the 8 man chest but you will only get bronze (not as shiny as gold) and get lesser items.

I have gotten 1.2k gil - 5.2k gil from a box and every member gets the same gil based on your rank of kill.

Crafting items are random and not by how well you kill.

The mobs you get vary in strength considerably. And there is a timer once you dig up the chest the timer starts Do not dig up early cause you will have less time to kill the boss and one kill in south shroud had 3 groups of 20 adds.

I got the Bluebird from an 8 man chest with gold kill.

Good luck and Good hunting. And if you are on my server Join us we love more hunters!
    FYI be nice if it’s your chest need what you want if its someone else’s map Greed it!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Migata Sugata
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Mr. Happy & Sheephead both have informative videos about these on youtube. I can't say I agree with those saying there isn't much point to these. Just the fact it joins 8 FC members and it isn't dependent on gear is a plus. Then there is always money to be made for those still wanting an FC house - Making 15k per 8 maps plus several items that can be sold or used in crafting.

I am wondering however, is there a tactic to achieve gold (15myth and 5k gil) or is it random also?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alberel Lindurst
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    My FC regularly does 8-man runs for treasure hunting, with each of those 8 players having multiple maps stashed away. It sometimes takes an hour or so to clear them but we make several hundred thousand gil towards our FC housing fund each time we do this.

The real key here is to ensure you always do them with 8 people as the gil rewards are static so more gil is generated if more people join.

If you play solo a lot or don't have a FC I can see why some would be disappointed with treasure hunting but our FC really loves it so far!
    (0)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7