Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Yamete Oniichan
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 13
    I got the toadskin map, very easy fight and rewards 5 philos, some electrum ink, and some gil. I did have one other guy with me and he got the same reward, so I'm assuming it's not split..? since it's also a one-man fight but we duo it o.o Have to try more today.

Also, is it possible to get 'gold' in treasure hunt? I'm just wondering cause after the hunt ended it displayed this contribution thing (similar to when FATE ended) and it looked like silver to me XD
    (1)

Player
    Character
    King Zeus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by GurrenLagann View Post
    We need to know which kind of map that Bluebird is found in....
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...luebird_found/
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Izanami Kastra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sohira View Post
    Does anyone know if you take more than one person into a solo hunt, does the reward get split between them, or does everyone get the full reward?
    The reward is split between everyone in the party.

Just did a peisteskin map. Fishing North Shards with Wildfowl Fly. Ninth catch.
    Looks like it can easily be duo'd. Maybe solo'd.

Rewards from my peisteskin map:
    Free-fall loot: 2 Hi-elixers, 100 fire shards, 1 astral rock, 1 crawler cocoon, 1 hippogryph sinew
    gil: 1692 gil
    Loot table: NOTHING
    Tomestones: 5 Mythology
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tonrak Totorak
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Is it possible to find more then 1 map while gathering or you can only treasure hunt every 18hr?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Inari Silverfox
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Once you get one you can't get another for 18 hours.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucy Lestat
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Found a Timeworn Boarskin Map outside Forgotten Springs on Botanist. Spawned like 4 puddings and got 5 hq pudding flesh of them. Other than that I got swan feather, mythril rings, Aetherial Ring (lvl 45 item I believe), 7 myths, earth shards, and 5k gil.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sasch'a Maruhime
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Does anyone know for the 8-man, if everyone in the party gets the standard 1.6 or is does it get smaller per person? I've done it with a group of 3, each of us getting 1.6-1.7k. Can anyone confirm a similar gil being given to groups of 2 or 4+ people?

I also did a Boarskin Map (mined it in N.Thanalan)
    Rewards were 100 fire shards, 1 peacock ore, 2 hq twinthread, 1.6k, 5 swan feathers, 1 more hq mat.
    (0)

Greetings,

I just wanted to drop in and share a bit of information about Treasure Hunt, especially regarding hunts that involve multiple players.

We understand that there are a number of requests to make it possible to display the treasure map for your party members so they can help search for the treasure, so we are looking into whether it's possible to implement this feature.
    (53)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85
    You can do 8 man maps with 2 people and two chocobos.

I've gotten a variety of rewards thus far ranging from frosted glass lens, to 5k gil, 15 mythology, hq items like rose gold, 250 shards, 8 coke and so on.

Hey Camate, how about a timer allowing us to see when we can gather maps again?
    (18)
    Last edited by Zezlar; 12-19-2013 at 05:31 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rin Tezuka
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I was excited about treasure hunts, because it looked to be a much more interesting way to earn tomestones and gil. I partied up with my friend, watched his back while he fished up the second-hardest map... and realized we had to do a questline. I then couldn't even see his map, the mobs were a joke, soloed by Titan, the reward was a single mythology tomestone (literally useless; it gets eaten by dungeon rewards at cap) and some trash, and we'd have to wait 18 hours to do it again.

What a gigantic waste of time, for both the developers and players. Garbage content. I'll try once more and attempt to duo the 8-man map, but I don't see anyone ever doing this after a week once the minipets flood the marketboard.

I don't really see who these rewards are geared toward. You'd think that the trash rewards might be useful for a newer or low level player, but then you realize you need a 40+ DoL and a 40+ DoW/M. Chances are if you have both of those, the gear coming from chests would be extremely outdated. The second-hardest map should have honestly been the easiest, and the difficulty/rewards scaled up from there. I can't even fathom how poor the rewards must be from the first few maps.
    (3)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast