Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Timeworn maps

Character
    Archs Crysta
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Does anyone know if the 18 hours timer is per job or for ALL job?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Oree Karimi
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 57
    Quote Originally Posted by Taruranto View Post
    Does anyone know if the 18 hours timer is per job or for ALL job?
    I believe it's per character, so you gather the map and another won't spawn for 18 hours regardless of what DoL you gathered it on.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Augustus Stormborne
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by StouterTaru View Post
    The 18 hour timer is from when you gather one, until you can gather the next one. You decipher one into a key item, have one on each retainer, and one in your inventory, so you can personally have 4 peisteskin maps at a single time. Did a run of 4 of these earlier today, myself as blm with a healer and a tank, took about half an hour and was easy.
    Ahh gotcha, ya would actually need 4 days (approx) to gather them though; unless you stay up weird hours of the day :P. don't get the 18 hour thing lol, why 18?, why not 9 lol

Just did the math, technically you can get 4 every 3 days but you would need to do it at weird times of the day at 18 hour intervals, for example, 6pm day 1, lunch day 2, 4 am day 3 and then midnight day 3
    (0)
    Last edited by AugustusSB; 12-25-2013 at 12:34 AM.

Player
    Character
    Inubyinu Nybaem
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Got a Ring and 8 yes Eight peacock ore in one of the Treasure pools on one of our 9 Piesteskin maps we cleared last night.
    FC mate got a Tonberry pet of a boarskin map as well.
    also got the random fodder loot and 5k+gil
    (1)

Player
    Character
    M'ete'leskum B'leskum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Yeah - got 8 Potash last night from Pieste skin map - really pleased about that - plus bunch of other high level crafting HQ items. Well worth the effort I'd say.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Legend Reborn
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    My last two days its been harder to obtain a Pieste Map, I always go to Bluefrog with Miner but the pops been so long it almost seems they took that map out the area.

So long it takes, I just end up taking a Boarskin or Toadmap. I waited about 30 min, I know its not that long but before I was able to get them withing 10-15 min or even less. Just seems Pieste Map is more rare now or maybe I'm just unlucky lately, after being so fortunate before earlier.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Femke Fisker
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 56
    Anyone else get screwed by Peiste map? My FC did a hunt together and after we defeated all enemies there was no loot roll. Just a little gil and a few items given to a few random people. I thought they always gave 2 loot to roll on?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seira Lebirath
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordermi View Post
    If you are on MIN or BTN, you can just not attempt to gather the map. Fishing, however, is a different story. ... I was fishing a bit today, not thinking of the maps, and fished up a toadskin map. Now I won't be able to go and mine a peisteskin map for 18 hours.
    hmmm...
    so in btn and min u can see the maps and choose to gather them or not. But in fishing is like when getting the fish u randomly get one map out of the blew? do they actually follow the "fishing hole lvl" ? e.g.

Quote Originally Posted by link below
    Timeworn Peisteskin Maps are grade 5 maps found in level 50 mature trees, lush vegetation patches, mineral deposits, rocky outcrops, and fishing holes (Lake Tahtotl, Parata's Peace, and the North Shards only).
    http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Treasure_Hunt

so if i go to fish in parata's peace, i would only get an peisten, no a grade 1-2?
    thx
    (0)
    Server/world: Ultros
    Free Company: Athenas Chosen, RECRUITING. All welcome, friends having fun
    Time zone: NA
    Current members: 15
    Rank 5

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    I catch all my maps at lake tahtotl, all peisteskin. I've expanded to start getting them with BTN to work on the achievement, but it seems to take much longer because the map may not show up for a while, and when it does it may be the wrong grade. North Shards, Parata's Peace, and Lake Tohtotl should always and only spit out peisteskin.

My important question is, do you need high fishing to catch a peisteskin, or can anyone go do it?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Seira Lebirath
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Peptaru View Post
    I catch all my maps at lake tahtotl, all peisteskin. I've expanded to start getting them with BTN to work on the achievement, but it seems to take much longer because the map may not show up for a while, and when it does it may be the wrong grade. North Shards, Parata's Peace, and Lake Tohtotl should always and only spit out peisteskin.
    thx gonna fish some maps when im back home (should be able to lvl my fisher from 40 to 45/50 in no time)

Quote Originally Posted by Peptaru View Post
    My important question is, do you need high fishing to catch a peisteskin, or can anyone go do it?
    well.. im not sure, but i will assume that it follows the same rules for holes fishing, if peisteskin can only be obtained in those hole (as mention so far in guides) and u need to be at least 5 lvl close to fish, then i would assume you have to be level 45 at least to fish and get a peistenskin map (at least in parata's peace and lake tohtol that are level 50 holes as far as i remember)
    (0)
    Server/world: Ultros
    Free Company: Athenas Chosen, RECRUITING. All welcome, friends having fun
    Time zone: NA
    Current members: 15
    Rank 5

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast