Player
    Character
    Mal Shadowbeard
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60

Timeworn maps

I guess I'm confused as to how we're supposed to find the Treasure Maps. I have a level 50 Botanist, but there's nothing at the specific places mentioned in the patch notes. In fact - there's no tress or vegetation at all. If I had to guess, I'd say those were fishing spots.

I've tried going to the few "common" level 50 spots, but I'm not seeing anything there, either. Has anyone figured this out yet?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shirai N'yankoro
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60
    As far as I understand from the notes there is a random chance that one of the nodes (Lv. 40~50) can suddenly have a treasure map in one of the empty slots.
    Knowing random it can be the first node you hit or you'll have to rotate around the same set of nodes for hours.
    (0)
    Felis catus

Player
    Character
    Mal Shadowbeard
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    Well, I thought random at first - but it has all the examples of the different grades like "Reaver Hide and The Tangle only". Except, there's no gathering points for me there.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Skai Lyn
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 60
    I just went to level 50 nodes and started mining. Took maybe 15 minutes to get the Peiste and I turned down a Boarskin and Toadskin (The Earth Crystal Nodes by Moraby is where i specifically went)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Joxer Themighty
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 53
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeia View Post
    I just went to level 50 nodes and started mining. Took maybe 15 minutes to get the Peiste and I turned down a Boarskin and Toadskin (The Earth Crystal Nodes by Moraby is where i specifically went)
    So you can turn down the scrolls till you get the one you want?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mordermi Auditore
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketch View Post
    So you can turn down the scrolls till you get the one you want?
    If you are on MIN or BTN, you can just not attempt to gather the map. Fishing, however, is a different story. If you want to aim for a higher level one, make sure to get it on MIN or BTN before you do any fishing. I was fishing a bit today, not thinking of the maps, and fished up a toadskin map. Now I won't be able to go and mine a peisteskin map for 18 hours.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Firetta Thierremont
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordermi View Post
    If you are on MIN or BTN, you can just not attempt to gather the map. Fishing, however, is a different story. If you want to aim for a higher level one, make sure to get it on MIN or BTN before you do any fishing. I was fishing a bit today, not thinking of the maps, and fished up a toadskin map. Now I won't be able to go and mine a peisteskin map for 18 hours.
    Thanks! I wasn't entirely sure you could get them while fishing, so that's really valuable information. I'm sorry you took the penalty, though.
    (0)

Character
    Oktai Kahkol
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Just did a Piestskin Map with 8 FC members drops included:

5 Mythology
    5 Mega-Potions
    100 Fire Shards
    2 Handfuls of Cobalt Rivets
    A Wildfowl Feather
    A Coeurl Skin
    1,692 Gil
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Seira Lebirath
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordermi View Post
    If you are on MIN or BTN, you can just not attempt to gather the map. Fishing, however, is a different story. ... I was fishing a bit today, not thinking of the maps, and fished up a toadskin map. Now I won't be able to go and mine a peisteskin map for 18 hours.
    hmmm...
    so in btn and min u can see the maps and choose to gather them or not. But in fishing is like when getting the fish u randomly get one map out of the blew? do they actually follow the "fishing hole lvl" ? e.g.

Quote Originally Posted by link below
    Timeworn Peisteskin Maps are grade 5 maps found in level 50 mature trees, lush vegetation patches, mineral deposits, rocky outcrops, and fishing holes (Lake Tahtotl, Parata's Peace, and the North Shards only).
    http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Treasure_Hunt

so if i go to fish in parata's peace, i would only get an peisten, no a grade 1-2?
    thx
    (0)
    Server/world: Ultros
    Free Company: Athenas Chosen, RECRUITING. All welcome, friends having fun
    Time zone: NA
    Current members: 15
    Rank 5

Player
    Character
    Kashi Elda
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I just checked nodes till i found one. then deciphered the map... then went to hunt for the treasure. Found it.
    (0)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast