Player
    Character
    M'ete'leskum B'leskum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Peptaru View Post
    I've expanded to start getting them with BTN to work on the achievement, but it seems to take much longer because the map may not show up for a while, and when it does it may be the wrong grade.
    You don't actually need to gather anything from those nodes at all - just run from one to another in circle until the desired map pops up - never takes more than 2 -3 minutes for me to get pieste As it's maxes at 95% gathering it's recommeded to up it to 100% using the gatherer's action just to be on the safe side.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tarragon Lai
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by HEC View Post
    You don't actually need to gather anything from those nodes at all - just run from one to another in circle until the desired map pops up - never takes more than 2 -3 minutes for me to get pieste As it's maxes at 95% gathering it's recommeded to up it to 100% using the gatherer's action just to be on the safe side.
    I was vague, my apologies. The achievement referred to is the 4,000 choppy-chops at lv 5 nodes. That is a handy piece of information all the same, ty.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Legend Reborn
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Black91CRX View Post
    Anyone else get screwed by Peiste map? My FC did a hunt together and after we defeated all enemies there was no loot roll. Just a little gil and a few items given to a few random people. I thought they always gave 2 loot to roll on?
    Yeah I did my first and only Pieste hunt was only a few items. Can't remember what they were
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Galen Swiftblade
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    No rollable loot on Peiste map is unusual, but it happens every now and then. On the plus side, you also get unusual times when you get 8x philo item, or the 5k/person + 15 myth so I think it works out well in the long run.

Our Company did 3 maps yesterday and 2 of them were 5k maps, a good haul for the time required.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    No rollable loot on Peisteskin is pretty common. I've done like 20+ maps at this point. Best haul I've gotten is 8 Hardened Saps (philo stone item); most of the time the items are worth less than 5k. The aetherial armor that is in the chest occasionally can SB into T4 materia which is kind of nice. Generally I think it's a waste though. I go with two friends and 3 man them sometimes for fun.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Galen Swiftblade
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    No rollable loot on Peisteskin is pretty common. I've done like 20+ maps at this point. Best haul I've gotten is 8 Hardened Saps (philo stone item); most of the time the items are worth less than 5k. The aetherial armor that is in the chest occasionally can SB into T4 materia which is kind of nice. Generally I think it's a waste though. I go with two friends and 3 man them sometimes for fun.
    Hm, maybe our group is lucky. But we've done 3 maps/day for the last week or so, and I think the day before yesterday was the first time we got no rollable loot.

Its value really depends on what you're after I guess. Our Company is looking to fund housing, so (1.7k x 8) x 3 = 40k gil/daily, + ((2k x 4) x 3) = 24k materials/daily = 64k net asset gain/day. In the last week we've gotten 8 philo items ( 8 x 3.5k = 28k) and 3 rare maps (5k x 8 x 3 = 120k). For a total of:

64k x 7 = 448k - 3 rare map adjustment (448k - 40k + 120k) + philo adjustment (+28k ) = 556k/week, or 185k/map/week for roughly 20mins/day/gatherer of 'work'. (15mins getting map, 5mins hunting.) But you can sell the materials you get from gathering for the map so its not as bad even then. Personally, after running the numbers I find treasure hunting to be an amazing wealth generator. Any rollable loot is just additional, unexpected income.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Simaril Ratbane
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    Didn't the patch notes say that each type of map is gotten in a specific area? So technically, you should have control over what you want, it's just that you need to be careful of where you fish.
    Timeworn Leather Map: Level 40 mature trees, lush vegetation patches, mineral deposits, rocky outcrops, and fishing holes.
    Timeworn Goatskin Map: Level 45 mature trees, lush vegetation patches, mineral deposits, rocky outcrops, and fishing holes.
    Timeworn Toadskin Map: Level 50 mature trees, lush vegetation patches, mineral deposits, rocky outcrops, and fishing holes (South Umbral Isles and Rathefrost only)
    Timeworn Boarskin Map: Level 50 mature trees, lush vegetation patches, mineral deposits, rocky outcrops, and fishing holes (Reaver Hide and the Tangle only)
    Timeworn Peisteskin Map: Level 50 mature trees, lush vegetation patches, mineral deposits, rocky outcrops, and fishing holes (Lake Tahtotl, Parata's Peace, and the North Shards only).
    Or are they lying? :P
    This seems wrong. I don't believe I have been to lv 45 nodes (I'm only lv 38), but I have gathered a goatskin map, found the chest, and received tomes.

Also, I had 2 different types of maps in my inventory at the same time - no problem there. BUT you can only have ONE deciphered at a time.
    (0)
    Last edited by Simaril; 01-01-2014 at 12:24 AM.

Player
    Character
    Shadow Krusha
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    I think the confusion with the map is, the level indicated is the map level, not the node level.

I quite happily gather toadskin maps from level 45 nodes, using my BTN42.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Simaril View Post
    Also, I had 2 different types of maps in my inventory at the same time - no problem there. BUT you can only have ONE deciphered at a time.
    Each map is unique, meaning you can only have one in your inventory at a time. So yes, you can have 1 of each type of map in your inventory at the same time. The same goes with each retainer (stuff up for sale on retainer counts as in retainer inventory) so you can have 3 of every type of map at once plus one deciphered.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kirina Falkov
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    To clarify the level requirements:

On any gathering class level 36+, you can access nodes level 40.
    On any gathering class level 41+, you can access nodes level 45.
    On any gathering class level 46+, you can access nodes level 50.
    (0)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast