Character
    Bobbin Threadbare
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90

Please make patch update auto-resumable

Think this request should be asked a long time ago, but here goes:

Nowadays, auto-resumable feature can be found on most download managers. So why can't we have launcher have that feature also?

For people who doesn't have high bandwith, it would be terrible when somehow updater stops midway and having to download, at worse, from beginning again. This is even worse when someone installed new client and have to download gigabytes of patch updates.

Back in early beta days, I hate when I missed quite big chunk of days just trying to get patch finished, only to stop midway and have to start from beginning, even though my connection has no problems. Don't let this problem rose again.

Hereby, please... add auto-resumable to XIV-ARR launcher. We already enjoying it for nearly 2 decades on various download managers, surely this wouldn't be too hard to implement, right?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yuki Ynagi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    in fact the patcher have auto-resume. download a bit, close the patcher: you'll see the remaining will be less of when you started.
    It was like this in beta too
    (3)
    Last edited by yukikaze_yanagi; 12-17-2013 at 05:19 AM. Reason: editet for clarify

Player
    Character
    Sothis Caoimhe
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    The patch is broken up into several smaller files; if you download enough that you're past one of the files, you'll auto-resume at the start of the next file. If you disconnect without completely downloading one of the files, you will indeed start from the beginning.
    It's kind of obnoxious.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sothis; 12-17-2013 at 05:40 AM.

Player
    Character
    Taro Chai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 82
    Yeah, when I first downloaded XIV the patch froze at 80% but I was around 20% ish when I re opened it, thankfully. I guess just hope it freezes at a convenient point?
    (1)
    MNK life
    "Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind~"

Player
    Character
    Bobbin Threadbare
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    about that...

you can easily check when your download has progressed to certain point, by looking at this folder (Vista & 7):

c:\Users\{username}\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\downloads\ffxivpatch\4e9a232b\patch\

There you will see a file chunk that keeps growing in file size. After a certain point that file will be gone, which means it has been installed onto game folder, and new file appears with growing in download size. Then it repeats again and again until all finished, meeting total download quota on the launcher.

Still... I'm going back to my original request, to have patch download auto-resumable, and not making that current downloaded file chunk needs to be repeated from beginning when error occurred.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sally Syrup
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    The patcher is auto-resumable.
    (0)
    Adventure, that's the life for me!

Player
    Character
    Kaguya Houraisan
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Larxene View Post
    Yeah, when I first downloaded XIV the patch froze at 80% but I was around 20% ish when I re opened it, thankfully. I guess just hope it freezes at a convenient point?
    I'm hoping it doesn't freezes at all!

That bar is going on for hours now. It's bad enough that I can't play anything else
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ulath Skullsplitter
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    I have never had a problem downloading anything for this game before today. I started the download earlier and everything looked good so I left my PC and when I came back I am getting an error that says "Unable to complete version check with a bunch of numbers"

how do I fix this? do i delete the patch file and if so could someone point me in the right direction?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Riley Andren
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Ulath, just restart the patcher like normal. It will auto-resume the update. The same thing happened to me earlier today.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ulath Skullsplitter
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Ulath, just restart the patcher like normal. It will auto-resume the update. The same thing happened to me earlier today.
    Thanks but unfortunately that didnt work. i also have tried deleteing the patch folder and restarting the client but that didnt do anything either. Not sure what to do. Here is the error.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast