Player
    Character
    Lafiel Abriel
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60

I really hope the majority of the community is not what i'm reading today

I really hope that most players posting on this forum are the very minority of the player base.

It seems like everyone else can't seem to WAIT and gather for a couple of months before they get their FC housing lol. No! It has to be ON RELEASE.

So are you planning to quit the game within the next 2-3 months so you HAVE to get the FC housing now so you can decorate it and THEN quit?

An FC of 40 or so can easily sum up the whatever amount of gil they need if they want an FC housing. I know for sure that I can purchase the small FC housing by myself if I worked towards it so why can't an entire group of 40 people?

STOP using the 625 mil gil an an excuse, you're not even ON that server the 99 % of people who say it! I have no idea what the situation is on legacies but obviously your server contains THAT much gil that SE felt it was justified.

Did people REALLY think that the majority can have access to these exclusive awesome looking houses on launch.

Seriously, get your act together.

I for one actually DO somewhat agree that some of the prices seem a little high even if they are achievable goals. It could probably use a 10 maybe 20 % reduction overall, but mostly done through the reverse auction system (i.e further lowering the cap to 30 % of the total price instead of 50 %).

The other thing is that is how a dutch auction (informally sometimes referred to as reverse auction) works. You start with a HIGH price and then it slowly goes down till someone thinks its a worthy price. You don't BUY it straight off at starting price, that is just ridiculous. So the real price we're looking at is really HALF of the starting price or somewhere between 50-65% of the starting price. So in reality, you're going to be waiting about 1-2 months before any bids should even be made unless you're super well prepared and have tonnes of money to spare (the bill gates of FFXIV).

Quote Originally Posted by Ri_ri View Post
    For something that's being advertised since 1.0.

Stop defending this, you are hurting the game.
    Your post speaks itself, what is a few more months if you've waited for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyGhost View Post
    People go on forums to complain. Rarely are forums about discussion. If you don't want to see the minority of the community complaining about everything, don't go on the forums.

Also housing pricing is a bit ridiculous, it'd be different if it took a month to get large land and your FC could easily purchase small land... but at the moment you need to save up for both. And the large land will take 3 months of saving on some servers to get, so by then we'll already be in 2.2. @_@
    That is the situation right now though, most FCs that are a decent size that I know of have already summed up enough to buy the small housing. But the debate right now is whether to wait or upgrade later. The small FC as I said is plenty reachable within a week if you set it as a goal.
    (15)
    Last edited by Lafiele; 12-15-2013 at 11:00 PM.

Player
    Character
    Wren Zakalwe
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Forums = minority.

So yeh, don't worry about it.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Kaguya Houraisan
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafiele View Post
    So in reality, you're going to be waiting about 1-2 months
    For something that's being advertised since 1.0.

Stop defending this, you are hurting the game.
    (30)

Player
    Character
    Ayane Mitsui
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Well said sir. I applaud you!

Incoming...Black Knight!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Nope, the prices are ridiculous for what is essentially a minigame. Instead of encouraging people this is discouraging them. Way to ostracise and alienate the very community you were trying to open the game up to SE, the less hardcore player.
    (30)

Player
    Character
    Kori Fleming
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    People go on forums to complain. Rarely are forums about discussion. If you don't want to see the minority of the community complaining about everything, don't go on the forums.

Also housing pricing is a bit ridiculous, it'd be different if it took a month to get large land and your FC could easily purchase small land... but at the moment you need to save up for both. And the large land will take 3 months of saving on some servers to get, so by then we'll already be in 2.2. @_@
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Wilan Serulia
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafiele View Post
    It seems like everyone else can't seem to WAIT and gather for a couple of months before they get their FC housing lol. No! It has to be ON RELEASE.
    20.000.000 gil for the smallest, stupidest house is outside my lifetime. I'll have quitted already before seeing 20 millions all together on my character. And if I want a MEDIUM house the price goes up to 85.000.000 gil on average.
    I am upset because I realized the content I was so hyped about, the innocent pasttime that will make me feel more immersed in the world's game for no benefit whatsoever, would have forever been outside of my reach. Are you really judging me a bad part of the community for this? Really?

Honestly, I'd like to know your opinion.

You sound like you're coming from one of the cheapest server, and yes, 4M for a small house is perfectly reasonable. Quite high but reasonably affordable. I'm on Ragnarok, yes I come from v1.0 but I lost 90% of my gil, and started ARR with 120.000 gil more or less. My FC welcomes any kind of people and more than half of it is NOT legacy. If there is so much money on my server, it surely isn't in our pockets, but in the hands of a very, very little minority of power players who probably couldn't care less of decorating their home.
    (29)
    Last edited by Wilan; 12-15-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Player
    Character
    Wildest Thing
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    STOP using the 625 mil gil an an excuse, you're not even ON that server
    My server, it's under my name, yes, it's the one with the 625m gil price, it's been my server since 1.0. And we're not using the 625m gil as an excuse, we're using the 40m gil when we don't earn gil at 10 times the rate of people on non-legacy servers. SE are expecting us to pay 10 times more for the SAME ITEM! Here you go, you're on a non-legacy server, so your sub fee is going to go up from £9.99/month to £99.99/month, after all, it's fair to do that.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Charlemagne Ifrit
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    To some degree I'm kinda with you. On my server the top price will be 312,500,000. That's a huge amount to me, I typically have a couple of hundred thousand. The huge gil amounts held by a few players do skew the server gil totals.
    Having said that I remember how huge the largest house size is, and also noted that the price is for the very best spot in town. It will only be of real use to very large FC's who should be able to coordinate to get that sum given a bit of time.
    (1)

Player

I'm sure they are.

I'm personally pumped about this patch, lol. Can't wait.

It's just that people who are good with it don't post as much.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast