Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylve View Post
    Why, thank you ever so much for finding and posting for us the definitive proof that all you have raged about is entirely accu.... Wait, hold on. That there says Yoshi agreed that the legacy Goobbues were unique and that they were thinking about giving non legacy players *GASP* a different kind of Goobbue!
    His tone implied that the alternate way to get a goobbue would not be a gift like it was in 1.0, rather it would be something you need to work on to earn.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Master Shake
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 34

I need more legacy tears.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Santori Zhonets
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida
    As for the Goobbue mount, that was a present for those fans that stuck with us through the hard times and its for them, we don’t want the meaning of that to get watered down by bringing it back for everyone. We want it to be that thank you from us, for sticking with us through those hard times.
    Thanks for finding that quote from Yoshi-P. It's reassuring to see that Yoshi-P did indeed consider that the introduction of a Goobbue mount in 2.0 would be somewhat contrary to what he connoted two years ago. It seems that success and/or SE hasn't completely consumed his soul just yet.

As for "watered down", it still looks like we went from a "thank-you" mount to a "thank-you" rug , but as someone who felt self-conscious about using my goobbue mount around friends who didn't play back then, I'm happy to call out "the big guy" much more often now.

May "goobbue envy" finally perish from Eorzea.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Varu Baruha
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 65
    Quote Originally Posted by chubnasty View Post
    snip
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylve View Post
    snip
    I am not quite sure I understand the nature behind these posts. Were/are we not on the same page concerning this?

Also please stop typing in such a condensing way...it is extremely rude and makes it very hard for me to be respectful to you. Thanks and good day.
    I will admit that I was being a bit of an ass with my posts in this thread, sorry about that. As an FFXI player of a few years but not an adopter of FFXIV in any incarnation prior to 2.0, I was excited to get the chance at obtaining a Gobbue mount, due to it being one of the more unique and enjoyable monsters in the former. However, once I saw this thread in particular discussing how the OP and certain other players felt about the events, I got a little upset (bad call) that this was something to be construed as an issue. The tone in my posts turned out to be a little more heated than I had intended in retrospect.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Wobble Wibblewobb
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    You never know it may just be part of a story and not a reward?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Quiz Noir
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteriousdrx01 View Post

I need more legacy tears.
    You sir, win the internet. As I would expect from someone of the master race.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Soulscare Thrynn
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
    yea agreed this actually upset me too. Whats next Yoshi? Gonna give people Dalamud Horns too?
    Or how about reduced sub fees for everyone?

-_-
    No offence but what difference does it possibly make to you? It might hurt your feelings (aww, wee lamb) but at the end of the day, you wouldn't lose anything and your experience would be exactly the same, the only difference is that some others would also have the same benefits as you.

Cry me a fudging river.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ganbaatar Lundr
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    So should I go cry that I can never have the legacy chocobo or the barding from it? >_> It's a new mount, its not the same mount, it's all been said in this thread already. I don't see that the company lied really, but to each their own.

I am sad to learn the horn i wanted from starting this game I'll never get </3
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    They said A GOOBUE MOUNT WILL NEVER BE OBTAINABLE AGAIN...EVER.
    Evidence?

No wait, let me get it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by NOC_JP View Post
    [dev1296] The goobbue mount has been added.
    * Please note that the goobbue mount can only be obtained before the release of FINAL FANTASY XIV Version 2.0.
    The goobbue. "THE" Goobue. This particular goobbue model. If it said "A" goobbue mount, you might have more footing to your argument, which presently falls flat.

I can go one step further, and contrast models summoned by the items:

Goobbue Horn vs Laurel Goobbue Horn:

Note its not the same mount, in the same idea that the Legacy Chocobo is not the same mount as the Grand Company Chocobo. Different item, different mount.
    (4)
    Last edited by Duuude007; 12-16-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Player
    Character
    Cesil Rapture
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Duuude007 View Post
    Evidence?

No wait, let me get it for you.

The goobbue. "THE" Goobue. This particular goobbue model. If it said "A" goobbue mount, you might have more footing to your argument, which presently falls flat.

I can go one step further, and contrast models summoned by the items:

Goobbue Horn vs Laurel Goobbue Horn:

Note its not the same mount, in the same idea that the Legacy Chocobo is not the same mount as the Grand Company Chocobo. Different item, different mount.
    Hello, I already posted an interview where Yoshida said he will give people the goobue again, it will just be 'different'. So while it might be slightly misleading, they never 'lied' or did you only read one of my posts? o.O smh I can't stand this forum, it is becoming worse then facebook...somehow.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...39#post1668539

derp.
    (2)

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast