Player
    Character
    Maniacal Merchant
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80

Suggestion: Let us Buy Old Event Consumables

Hello. Sorry to clog up the General Discussion Forums with a simple suggestion during these difficult Housing times, but Hatching-tide has come and gone and once more I find myself with only 97 Spriggan Chocolates.

I require more, and thus I have come to the Forums to voice my displeasure that I cannot purchase this amazing consumable every year. It's just like that one time I bought an entire box full of chocolate eggs, and how I wish every year I could afford 24 cartons of chocolate eggs. But instead of being unable to afford the box of chocolate eggs, in this case I can, but there are no cartons of chocolate eggs (Spriggans) to be bought. I have checked every Dreamer (Shop) since 2018 and I have been let down since.

Please, let me buy my Spriggan Chocolates again. I've tasted heaven and I cannot stop thinking about them. Please respond, Yoshi P. I want my chocolates.

Do you have an old event consumable you wish to return, too? Please share with me your plights. I can't be alone in this. ... Right?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Khit Amariyo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NahNhyah View Post
    Do you have an old event consumable you wish to return, too? Please share with me your plights. I can't be alone in this. ... Right?
    Not an event consumable, per se, but on some level I kind of miss the inn biscuits. (Here's the Mizzenmast variant.) These were the cookies you sometimes found upon waking up in an inn room back in 1.x; they still technically exist in game (obviously, since they're on the Lodestone), but so far as I know the only ones that exist now are those which were carried over from 1.x in someone's inventory.

Though I think it's more nostalgia for when logging off in an inn room actually did things, rather than actually missing the biscuits themselves.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Packetdancer
    The healer main's struggle for pants is both real, and unending. Be strong, sister. #GiveUsMorePants2k20 #HealersNotRevealers #RandomOtherSleepDeprivedHashtagsHere
    I aim to make my posts engaging and entertaining, even when you might not agree with me. And failing that, I'll just be very, VERY wordy.

Player
    Character
    Kris Goldenshield
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Fedora makes me suspicious, but I support this. Consumables especially should be available every year at their related event.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kiyora Valeriant
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I was thinking the exact same thing. The Spriggan Chocolate is so adorable, but I find myself not wanting to consume it and I'm reluctant to give any of what I have to others (even though I really want to) because I know that once what I have is gone, it's gone for good :'( I did some research a couple of days ago and saw that it was a reward from 2018. That was a long time ago, and I don't understand why it hasn't made a comeback like many other consumables.
    (1)
    The Glamour Effect: That awkward moment when you realize you know FFXIV's gear pieces better than your own wardrobe X'D

Player
    Character
    Maniacal Merchant
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Packetdancer View Post
    Not an event consumable, per se, but on some level I kind of miss the inn biscuits. (Here's the Mizzenmast variant.) These were the cookies you sometimes found upon waking up in an inn room back in 1.x; they still technically exist in game (obviously, since they're on the Lodestone), but so far as I know the only ones that exist now are those which were carried over from 1.x in someone's inventory.

Though I think it's more nostalgia for when logging off in an inn room actually did things, rather than actually missing the biscuits themselves.
    I never knew such a thing existed! That is very cool and I feel like I would personally log out in the inns more if that came back. Though, I suppose, that could be considered item bloat or whatever the fancy term is for 'items that don't really do much'.

Quote Originally Posted by Eien713 View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing. The Spriggan Chocolate is so adorable, but I find myself not wanting to consume it and I'm reluctant to give any of what I have to others (even though I really want to) because I know that once what I have is gone, it's gone for good :'( I did some research a couple of days ago and saw that it was a reward from 2018. That was a long time ago, and I don't understand why it hasn't made a comeback like many other consumables.
    Exactly! I have several I can give away, but just like you, I'm struck with dread the moment I open up the trade window. I adore these chocolates for this character, but I want to be at ease when I give them away knowing that I will be able to purchase them again the coming years. It's not hard to implement; perhaps the Recompense Officer can have a tab for Old Event Consumables or something like that! It's odd, because I distinctly recall always being able to purchase Zoni from Heavens-turn throughout the years, so why are these so different?

Quote Originally Posted by kaynide View Post
    Fedora makes me suspicious, but I support this. Consumables especially should be available every year at their related event.
    I judge your wariness of my fedora, but I thank you support regardless! Make Spriggan Chocolates free to purchase every Egg Event! Or else... Or else you take away the importance of Riggy and how he saved Hatching-tide from bandits! And Spriggans deserve acknowledgement; they even have an outfit for people to be dressed as Spriggans! Let us have our cute chocolate, too!
    (0)
    Last edited by NahNhyah; 04-28-2022 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Recompence to Recompense, grammar edit!~

Player
    Character
    Khit Amariyo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I never knew such a thing existed! That is very cool and I feel like I would personally log out in the inns more if that came back. Though, I suppose, that could be considered item bloat or whatever the fancy term is for 'items that don't really do much'.
    The cookies weren't the only thing about inn rooms, really. In 1.x, if you logged out in an inn room (by clicking on the bed), when you logged back in, you might find something in the room (like the cookie), but I think you also could get some little flavor-text about what you dreamed about. Though it's been so long I can't actually be certain on that. It was just silly little atmospheric stuff, but kind of cute.

When they touched off the shutdown storyline that ended 1.x (i.e., the Seventh Umbral Calamity), they actually added an Echo-powered nightmare you could also get. So when you logged back in after sleeping in an inn bed, there was a very small chance you might first see a cutscene of Dalamud looming large overhead and far too close as you walked through a field of corpses. As you knelt down to check on the fallen, despairing, Nael van Darnus came up behind you with weapon drawn...

...and you woke up in the inn room. (If I recall correctly, instead of the usual 'getting out of bed' animation you actually woke up on the floor, having fallen out of bed during the nightmare.) And then in the actual game world, Dalamud began to descend, getting ever larger in the sky...

Stuff like the nightmare would be more work than it's probably worth now, but there's still a part of me that's a little sad the inn rooms have been reduced to basically nothing more than a place folks pop into to use the glamour dresser. They used to be more... even if "more" just meant "sometimes you get cookies".
    (3)
    The healer main's struggle for pants is both real, and unending. Be strong, sister. #GiveUsMorePants2k20 #HealersNotRevealers #RandomOtherSleepDeprivedHashtagsHere
    I aim to make my posts engaging and entertaining, even when you might not agree with me. And failing that, I'll just be very, VERY wordy.

Player
    Character
    Maniacal Merchant
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Packetdancer View Post
    The cookies weren't the only thing about inn rooms, really. In 1.x, if you logged out in an inn room (by clicking on the bed), when you logged back in, you might find something in the room (like the cookie), but I think you also could get some little flavor-text about what you dreamed about. Though it's been so long I can't actually be certain on that. It was just silly little atmospheric stuff, but kind of cute.

When they touched off the shutdown storyline that ended 1.x (i.e., the Seventh Umbral Calamity), they actually added an Echo-powered nightmare you could also get. So when you logged back in after sleeping in an inn bed, there was a very small chance you might first see a cutscene of Dalamud looming large overhead and far too close as you walked through a field of corpses. As you knelt down to check on the fallen, despairing, Nael van Darnus came up behind you with weapon drawn...

...and you woke up in the inn room. (If I recall correctly, instead of the usual 'getting out of bed' animation you actually woke up on the floor, having fallen out of bed during the nightmare.) And then in the actual game world, Dalamud began to descend, getting ever larger in the sky...

Stuff like the nightmare would be more work than it's probably worth now, but there's still a part of me that's a little sad the inn rooms have been reduced to basically nothing more than a place folks pop into to use the glamour dresser. They used to be more... even if "more" just meant "sometimes you get cookies".
    Alright, well, now I want to add that to the front post because while I did not experience that, perhaps Legacy players should be able to get their inn cookies still!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Knives Jonquil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    I want more Spriggan Chocolates.

Getting cookies from the various inns again would be nice, too.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Khit Amariyo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Alright, well, now I want to add that to the front post because while I did not experience that, perhaps Legacy players should be able to get their inn cookies still!
    Everyone should be eligible for the joy of inn cookies, legacy or not.

(I say this partly because the character in my forum info is not my legacy character -- though as she's my main, I mentally just sort of reassign Sarina's 1.x misadventures to her at this point. But also because, realistically, we're far enough out from 1.x that nothing added to the game now needs to be gated on legacy status.)
    (1)