Page 59 of 175 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mevra Noor
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Aaaand, thats typical of the developers.

"Enjoy what we give you, no, dont test it before you buy it. We dont want to give you a PTR. We are right!"
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Donohebo Honohebo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 50
    I am a bit confused by the rationale that high housing prices will somehow help control RMT. It seems to me that high prices encourage people to purchase gil rather than to do the boring gil-earning grind needed to earn millions. And I know that other MMO's manage to control RMT fairly well, although none has eliminated it completely. I've played LOTRO for 2 years now, and in all that time have seen only one (!) in-game ad for in-game currency. I don't know how they manage to control the issue so well, but maybe they'd share their secret with FFXIV, and we could have reasonable housing prices?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Suya Moonflower
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleena View Post
    I know right?
    I remember a time where it took a class 6-7 months to level at max.
    Those were the days...
    Yes, I remember that. I played XI long enough to see that XIV is in some ways much too easy.
    But privileges are one thing - barring people from participating is another.
    Housing is not a privilege!
    Having a stunning villa with over-the-top interior decoration, THAT is a privilege.
    I don't want a villa. I want a small house - we're only four people anyway. In a villa, we'd probably lose sight of each other.

And I'd LOVE working towards improving that house. Even if it takes months to make the garden look like I want it to. No problem. Challenge accepted.
    But now I can't even start. And won't be able to for weeks and months.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Zli Diabetichar
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Imo this could be easily solved by adding a separate currency, something like reputation, that would decrease the value of the land, to a certain limit (50%).
    For how much it should decrease (or how much of the currency you gain) should scale with the size of the FC.
    For example, a FC with 8 members should gain X16-X32 more reputation then a guild with 512 members. Reputation should be char/account bind.

This would require an additional tax, for the land purpose, when it's acquired, that should be around 3-10% of every gil acquisition (depending on the house size and FC members size).

That way, an non 50 lvl player can give the same % of his gil and at the same time reduce the price of the house (making them more viable to the cause).

P.S. Also the first house should be free, but the FC should not be able to customize it. You know, feel the taste, then want and work for more
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Seira Lebirath
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

yea..

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamNative View Post
    I also "almost blown morning coffee from the price of housing" (the Google Translate quote), but when I do the math, pricing seems almost reasonable. I mean, have any of you priced a commercial building for 50+ people? Even 25+? They're not at all as cheap as single-family homes. To me, it looks like the three sizes are targeted at 25, 100 and 300-member FCs. I was expecting prices of maybe half what they showed, like around 150,000 gil per member on a new world (~400,000 gil per member on Legacy worlds).

Maybe SE saw the stark reality that too many people had saved more than enough, and knowing they had not enough housing capacity at housing launch, caused them to double the prices to manage the demand. I don't know.

I do know that this introduces a major new goal for gameplay, saving and managing money. Previously the "hard core" players focused all their attention and gil on character progression and gear. Now there is this alternative goal. It's not a "game gives big heroes free property" situation. SE created a new grind.
    i think that this part of the problem. the fact that they assume everyone plays "hardcore" and is part of a big FC. i m a pretty dedicated player as well as the other members. but i work 14shift 6/7 every other week, one friend 12h 4/7 days, one go to college, so we form a FC that we move along and if a lower needs help we help. I m sure if u move to a FC that is big this ppl would help but we wanted to be able to play as a tram and no akways being behind or carry. This seems to be promoting that you have to disband ur small FC. we were going for a medium, i though it was reasonable size, but now even the small is pricey for us (we have close to a mil)
    i think the only company to get medium would be lumi and gaf (maybe.. dunno but they have 150s and close to 500 members) oh well..
    (2)
    Last edited by lebirath; 12-17-2013 at 07:16 PM.
    Server/world: Ultros
    Free Company: Athenas Chosen, RECRUITING. All welcome, friends having fun
    Time zone: NA
    Current members: 15
    Rank 5

Player

Quote Originally Posted by PallasLloyd View Post
    Legacy players started 2.0 with literally 1% of our gil.
    Um, no we didn't.
    (0)
    Last edited by KraggyKor; 12-17-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Player
    Character
    Dalia Shadowrunner
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by SuyaMoonflower View Post
    Housing is not a privilege!
    I don't want a villa. I want a small house - we're only four people anyway. In a villa, we'd probably lose sight of each other.
    What do you mean Housing is not a privilege? I log into the game today, I do not have a house. I go to look into buying a house, i cannot afford it. By that very definition, having housing is not a necessity, it's not even a common trend, it is a privilege.

That said - you want a small house. Small housing is coming in a later patch, the current housing is for those who have 10's or 100's of members. I'm afraid the wait is still there for those who want smaller.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Robert Black
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Prices are not realistic. What's more in line is 5 million for small, 15 million for medium, and 40 million for large. The small house should be attainable but most FC, as a starter house.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Raydeus Chris'tin
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleena View Post
    I know right?
    I remember a time where it took a class 6-7 months to level at max.
    Those were the days...

Now levels are handed to us, might as well start with level 50 characters.
    Comlaining and more complaining might give you a free house you never know.
    Work for it?
    Whats that?
    I dont have time to work! I want them handed to me!
    I'm very sorry if this sounds offensive. But, are you retarded?
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Tyrnis Ayen
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 48
    FFXIV FC housing: the equivalent of FFXI relic weapons.

To obtain one the effort of many is pooled into the hands of a few and only those few have access to the rewards.

Sure you can be in a Free Company that owns a house, but unless you're the leader or a higher-ranking member (FC leader privilege pending), you do not get to customize or build any of it yourself even though you likely spend money on it. You can look at it and sit inside.

In FFXI you ran Dynamis with groups of 30-60 people, generally with no prospect to getting the currency to upgrade a relic weapon because the Linkshell leaders had chosen somebody specifically to make one. You spent 5 hours per week with worthless relic armor as a reward. You got to look at your leader's weapon?

Yawn. Personal housing coming when?
    (4)

Page 59 of 175 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 ... LastLast