Player
    Character
    Copain Chevalier
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    Any possibility that this could be the same sort of 'HARD DATA' they used to initially balance WAR vs PLD?
    They had no hard data in a game that had no playerbase to test it with. It was data that looked fine on paper but not in practice (Which is why you saw plenty of people calling Warriors just as good in beta and such, because they hadn't gotten to the 'real' test and a lot could only see the 'on paper' stuff.

Regardless, that's not even really data, that's just balance theory.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cesil Rapture
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Despite View Post
    Glad they're not caving to the entitled whiners. GG
    The amount of "this game will fail now because housing is too expensive" is really telling to the amount of immature slackers we have here on the forums and in game.
    I don't think it will necessarily fail because of the housing. It will fail because loyal fans and customers will feel betrayed, unheard and ignored. Big difference >.<
    (20)

Player
    Character
    Senliten Solstice
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Velox View Post
    This is perfect! I've always wanted to role-play someone homeless. SE gave me exactly what I wanted.
    Maybe someone will be nice enough to take me in out of the cold :P
    As long as you do odd, yet seemingly questionable favors, that are not questioned (i.e Why I would need the beating heart of a lalafell). Then by all means, welcome home. XD
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Copain Chevalier
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubester View Post
    Hard data that seems to be flawed. I say this because according to SE, our FC should have about 4 million lying around which I'm not aware of? I think not...
    I'm not sure where I said that SE said that the average guild has enough for a house right now. Show me please.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gumbercules Thesecond
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 80
    he said they will monitor and adjust the lower spectrum prices in legacy servers, long as this stretches up to mid size house im ok with this. Every single FC being able to get the largest mansion would be overkill, same if any one single player could get them. With that said though a fc of 8+ should have a "reasonable" chance at a small "high" quality plot, and 25+ member ones afforded the same at a medium. Of course i am also going about this assuming the "personal room" implementation, where they will add personal rooms for individual FC members via an access point within FC housing. (this should prolly have a limit though a small house branching into 100 "personal" rooms would be odd :P)

My current peeve is actually from teh crafting side of things...atm very few ppl will be able to afford "any" od said houses and will probably do all their own crafting unless housing "materials" have received some sort of lockout. (i.e. can only make one floor plank every 6 hours and you need 50 to make "M.SizeFloorA" or something of this sort, this would work since the idea is to milk the rich anyways :P)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Seikijin Zangeif
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    It's just a house, cosmetic. I'll only care about individual houses but having said I don't care.... when I see the prices I still go ''they expect u to farm for months?'' a FC can be a maximum of 512 players. That's 122k avg per player for the most expensive plot of land on the cheapest server and 1.2m on the most expensive server...

PERSONALLY YoshiP expects every FC to be 512 players... they checked the players online and average gil? bullshit u expect every legacy player to have 1.2mill+ gil? and every FC to be 512 players? Lucky to have more than 25 active members that are willing to donate... why are FC's 512 cap anyway? whats the point of having more than 8 active members for coil? meh logic

Gold help me if individual housing ever comes out with the same mistakes, as for now I'll enjoy the rest of the content.
    (7)
    Last edited by Seikijin; 12-17-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Player
    Character
    Teepo Egoist
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Can we just think that the housing will come out 3 months later and enjoy the game? Honestly, we did it since Aug. 27th knowing FC housing would be released sooner or later. Yeah, I agree housing price is ridiculous, but shiet, I'm sitting on my gils and just enjoy the upcoming contents instead of getting all worked up about this. Games are somewhat meant to be an escape, a paradise, and a fantasy, but some of you are just stressing yourself out. What Yoshi just mentioned, he'll "consider" to reduce the pricing in the future til then, lets all enjoy this game. I definitely didn't subscribe monthly just for housing.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Copain Chevalier
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Seikijin View Post
    PERSONALLY YoshiP expects every FC to be 512 players... they checked the players online and average gill? bullshit u expect every legacy player to have 1.2mill+ gil?
    No, you're reading things wrong and making things up.

He's talking about the people who have absurd amounts of gil, not the average player.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gaeandilth Grey
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    People act like something being "exclusive" is a bad thing. Housing is what they need to do to endgame because nothing worth having is easy to get. Thing is it is really not that bad I have never went out of my way to make gil yet I could buy a small house solo. I am sure FCs that have members that actually work on it will not take long to get a house. Now if you are a new player or a legit player from 1.0 on a legacy server I can see housing being unattainable but on new servers its just the same old casual dilemma "I want EVERYTHING but want to do NOTHING".

Housing is completely useless it affects nothing in the game the only value it has currently is the exclusiveness so they are not taking that away. And if SE did reduce the prices by the astronomical amount the players complaining are asking for they would not get a house anyway. Because other FCs that have players that want to work will buy it all out before you even hit rank 6.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Blackmage Vivi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    hmm 15-20k a day does that mean they lowered the gil drop in wp by alot? i normally make 6k a wp run meaning the amount of gil i make in a day is equal to the amount of runs i did in a day..hm idk guess we will see
    (0)

Page 34 of 175 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 ... LastLast