Page 70 of 175 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Sinful Persecutor
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Easy solution they can only buy one piece of land and not buy every single plot of land that way gives everyone a fair chance and if need to expand then allow them to in say three months time. Looks like most people with all this stupid amount Gil will just buy all the small plots of land anyway just to screw people over
    (4)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by PallasLloyd View Post
    You already removed literally 99% of it.
    No they didn't, you're in need of some elementary math education it seems.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sunarie Rymshek
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Just to throw it out there, if Yoshi is still even reading this. I would really be a lot more comfortable with the prices on my server, if upgrading were a possibility after we bought the smallest house/plot of land (that doesn't mean I agree with the Legacy server prices because I absolutely don't). Instead, my FC invests what is a ton of gil to them to get the smallest, and then... well don't use any hard to obtain items, or expensive ones.. cause those ones are destroyed if you pick them up... oh and no gil back when you actually upgrade, so you lose all your initial investment. What's the incentive to buy the small plot of land instead of saving the however many million gil and putting it towards a bigger house?
    (8)

Player
    Character
    V'aala Ichi
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    It would take my FC, if 8 of us (not always that many on for a given night), if we only did 20k a day, every day, 7 days a week at the expense of anything else... over 2 months of steady grind to make 10m gil to buy the cheapest house on the cheapest size plot, and that assumes that the prices have dropped to their minimum amounts, and that there's a house available at that price.

That's f'kin ridiculous. We've had people putting aside gil on the side for a month already thinking we were 50-75% towards a house only to find out we're barely a drop in the bucket. Definitely feel punished that we joined a legacy server even though we're all new players.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Elendil Voronda
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Saviour View Post
    But....
    You knew this was coming....

.... but the thing that's been eating at me through all of this and what has made me so negative is specifically the concern expressed above; we keep running into issues because not enough investment is being made into the hardware...
    What are you talking about???, Yoshi meant that wealthiest players could monopolize and buy all land in one go, that has nothing to do with a hardware limitation. He states that they will be adding more plots of land but still they needed to put a limit so wealthiest players wouldn bully the ones with less wealth.
    (0)

Character
    Dashuto Moragan
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Honestly, and I know this wasn't as possible from a design standpoint:

Yoshi's big mistake was doing FC first. They should've held out to do personal and then reveal FC after. Hitting everyone with daunting prices and ages to go until personal is even worse than having everyone just wait till personal, it crushes their souls in a way. I'm not defending Yoshi, or peoples reactions, but the fact is if things were going to be this tough it shouldn't have came first at all, that's the big mistake.
    (2)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Fundamental Pricing Stance
    Our fundamental stance toward housing prices was that we wanted to ensure that plots would be evenly distributed, avoiding a situation in which the wealthiest players could easily buy up all available plots of land. Please understand that while we will be adding servers and expanding housing areas as soon as we can, it is simply physically impossible for us to accomplish this easily, in a matter of one or two weeks.
    Hmm. Make it so FCs can only buy one plot, isn't that already the case anyway ?
    Problem solved.
    Why the lies again ?
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Imbrial Osis
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by LoLo View Post
    How is it a ton when you can finish the storyline brand new without ever farming and come out with more than 400k?
    Look at it like this then: lets say you make 400k from completely the story.

Small plot on new server: 4 mil

Small plot on legacy: 40 mil

On a new server it would take 10 people completing their story quests to buy a small lot.

On a legacy server it would take 100 people completing their story quests to buy a small plot.

So if legacy players aren't responsible for that MASSIVE disparity in prices, then what is? Why does it take 10 times as many new players on a legacy server to buy the same size plot?
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Elendil Voronda
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I understand many are angry, but take a deep breath and relax, this is just a game, is not like we are talking about a real house and you are living under a bridge or something.

For me housing is more like a Vanity thing, will it make me improve my end-game raids? No, Will it make my leveling easier? No, so it has for all intends and purposes no real benefit.

So relax, the prices will come down for sure, meanwhile enjoy the new content.

Cheers
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Imbrial Osis
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashuto View Post
    Honestly, and I know this wasn't as possible from a design standpoint:

Yoshi's big mistake was doing FC first. They should've held out to do personal and then reveal FC after. Hitting everyone with daunting prices and ages to go until personal is even worse than having everyone just wait till personal, it crushes their souls in a way. I'm not defending Yoshi, or peoples reactions, but the fact is if things were going to be this tough it shouldn't have came first at all, that's the big mistake.
    I agree. Most people just want to be able to take part in housing. If they had released accessible personal housing first, less people would care about insanely priced FC housing because people could just play with their personal ones. But by releasing FC housing that only like 20% of players can take part in at the start, the other 80% feel like they are missing out on a huge part of the patch.
    (6)

Page 70 of 175 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 ... LastLast