Character
    Senah Kha
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KHShadowrunner View Post
    I love it, in a simple sentence the response is:

If prices were cheap enough, someone would be a beast and just buy 100x the land deeds, and then sell those for profit. It's as if they pre-emptively figured out how people would try to gamble what is potentially a new market, and did something about it.

And the world continues to complain.
    If a free company buying more than one plot was their main concern, why not just limit the plots to one per FC, though? Before someone says "What about large FCs?" if the plot prices weren't so high, a large Free Company could buy a large plot instead of several smaller ones.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Pompey Dan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Yoshi seems to think that everyone with large amounts gil will want to actually waste that gil on housing for free company, most people who have put in the hard work and countless hours to acquire a large amount of gil will not be so willing to part with it lol
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Dalia Shadowrunner
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by SummonerSenah View Post
    If a free company buying more than one plot was their main concern, why not just limit the plots to one per FC, though? Before someone says "What about large FCs?" if the plot prices weren't so high, a large Free Company could buy a large plot instead of several smaller ones.
    I'll give you that one, but exactly how would they restrict it to an FC level? And what happens if multiple FC's ally themselves (and each has a house)? Since FC Alliance is a thing (isn't it? I thought itwas...)

EDIT: to explain - as far as I'm aware items are used to determine if a plot of land is taken, as such the item would need to also be tied to the FC, I still think it's possible.. but I don't have a good example on how it would be happened.

Let's say we have a really large FC (400 members), and 250 of them work really hard to save up for the large plot. Now let's say a wealthy subset of 25 of them think (hah), they want to just buy a small one really quick. We would stop the 250 from buying the big, and locking the FC to a small? So you'd think you'd kick em (I would), since they're no longer in an FC, what happens to the house, does it instantly get nuked?
    (0)
    Last edited by KHShadowrunner; 12-17-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Player
    Character
    Darkshneider Arcannus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by SummonerSenah View Post
    I have been in enough mmos to see the shenanigans people do to abuse a system,like multi guilds to abuse a mechanic.it always happens.if fc wold be able to buy jst one,im dead certain some people with ton of gil would create multi branches to buy just more.and leveling fc's in this game its stupid easy too
    (2)

Player
    Character
    G'intana Fhey
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida
    Please understand that while we will be adding servers and expanding housing areas as soon as we can, it is simply physically impossible for us to accomplish this easily, in a matter of one or two weeks.
    You have been working on this for how long now? 3 months at the very least, if not since the end of 1.0. I simply cannot understand that your team fails to properly assess the hardware requirements over a period as long as this. This is just too unbelievable for words!

Word of advice: Next time you know your company isn't ready to release a feature to the player base, just postpone it instead of looking for a ridiculous solution that bars most people from experiencing said content completely while it should be available for everyone.
    (22)

Player
    Character
    Ifervan Empyrean
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Snip[/INDENT]
    Basically the reply to the outrage is... "We are right and you are mis-informed, so deal with it."

Maybe FC housing could have had other factors versus allowing all the lands to be bought up as an excuse. Maybe make it that only certain size FC's can own certain size plots. i.e.

4-50 - Small Plot
    50-99 - Medium Plot
    100+ - Large Plot

Make houses only re-sellable/list-able to sale defaulting automatically to 90% of the price paid so they don't become a commodity and really used.

For such a creative team you really picked a ridiculous argument with no basis and poor math and understanding of your communities.

You have divided the community instead of uniting it.
    (26)

Player
    Character
    Huginn Aesir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KraggyKor View Post
    NO, it's MUCH worse that that .. this pricing means SE have PLANNED on 20% of FCs not being able to afford it after THREE months, so your analogy is wrong and should be comparing housing to an INDEFINITE DELAY!
    Indefinite... you use that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. while you are correct in using the word indefinite, your intent was to use a different word. I can understand how your life experiences may have made you think that the word indefinite meant infinite, however that is not the case. While most things that are postponed indefinitely end up being postponed permanently, the word indefinite means without defined constraints, meaning an unknown period of time.

TL;DR
    You are right that the delay is indefinite, but you are wrong in your thought that it would be permanent.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Quesse Mithril
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    If the initial price of land was easily within the means of wealthy players, one can envision all available plots of land being snatched up immediately, leaving other players—even those possessing the necessary gil—unable to purchase land for an extended period of time. Seeking to avoid this, we made the difficult decision to go forward with the pricing scheme we presented, aware that many players would be unable to afford housing for a while.
    So in order to prevent people from being unable to purchase land you made it so that they are unable to purchase land.

BRILLIANT STRATEGY!!!!
    (57)

Player
    Character
    Black Pearl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by KHShadowrunner View Post
    If you are actively changing FC's, why would you ever want to invest in an FC house? Just wait for personal housing.
    Im the leader of a FC not changing... and I know that ppl tend to move from FC to FC.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Artemis Enteri
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Yoshi's strategy for housing. "F' over everyone. Only the elite super large FC's who have no lives so they can spend 60 hours a week grinding in game to make enough to afford a house can have one."

I thought you were better than this Yoshi. I guess I was wrong. Crap like this is how you lose a player base...well this and the abhorrent lack of endgame.
    (11)

Page 62 of 175 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast