Player
    Character
    Dalia Shadowrunner
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    I love it, in a simple sentence the response is:

If prices were cheap enough, someone would be a beast and just buy 100x the land deeds, and then sell those for profit. It's as if they pre-emptively figured out how people would try to gamble what is potentially a new market, and did something about it.

And the world continues to complain.
    (33)

Player
    Character
    Sapphidia Wulfhaven
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    While I cannot give a specific date on when personal housing will be implemented, I can say that prices will be completely separate from free company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable.
    This is exactly what I wanted to hear and very relieving. I think a lot of people were assuming we'd also need 20+ million for basic houses when personal housing arrived. I'm suddenly excited for the future personal housing patch again (although still a little sad that I likely wont get to experience the housing for a few months).

Thank you for responding so directly to the community. I think the major thing people are upset about is that the housing was the most anticipated feature of 2.1 and, whilst the pricing structure -is- in the best interests of long term game health, the inability to experience the fun of fiddling with your house on day 1 of the patch is a similar feeling to being told the patch will be delayed 2 months. This feels like a communication/expectation issue really... if the community was prepared for the pricing structure months in advance and the philosophy that it will take 2-3 months to grind money for an FC's house, the uproar likely would have been a lot less.
    (29)

Player
    Character
    Axidrain Fy
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KHShadowrunner View Post
    I love it, in a simple sentence the response is:

If prices were cheap enough, someone would be a beast and just buy 100x the land deeds, and then sell those for profit. It's as if they pre-emptively figured out how people would try to gamble what is potentially a new market, and did something about it.

fc's can buy more than one house? i also remember reading that u cant sell ur plot if u wanna upgrade. u simply lose it without getting any reimbursement. :3
    (14)
    Last edited by Axidrain; 12-17-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphidia View Post
    I think the major thing people are upset about is that the housing was the most anticipated feature of 2.1 and, whilst the pricing structure -is- in the best interests of long term game health, the inability to experience the fun of fiddling with your house on day 1 of the patch is a similar feeling to being told the patch will be delayed 2 months.
    NO, it's MUCH worse that that .. this pricing means SE have PLANNED on 20% of FCs not being able to afford it after THREE months, so your analogy is wrong and should be comparing housing to an INDEFINITE DELAY!

LOL, are you being deliberately obtuse or what?

SE can simply make the deeds NON-TRADEABLE for a period of months and/or until the house had been upgraded by x%.
    (18)
    Last edited by KraggyKor; 12-17-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Player
    Character
    Fey Nafilia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Axidrain View Post
    fc's can buy more than one house?
    Probably not. And - more importantly - they most likely also won't be able to sell it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dalia Shadowrunner
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by KraggyKor View Post
    LOL, are you being deliberately obtuse or what?

SE can simply make the deeds NON-TRADEABLE, your synthetic problem is therefore a non-problem.
    So tell me, what do you do with the land deed that you buy for 200m when you decide you are done with it? Do you just, toss it away? Count it as lost? My synthetic problem is the problem that the team resolved. I'm sorry that you have issues with that, but it's the reality. If they made them non-tradable, then if a guild master had to leave but they STILL WANT TO KEEP THE HOUSE THEYD HAVE TO SPEND ANOTHER 200M!!!! (since we're using all caps)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Axidrain Fy
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    So tell me, what do you do with the land deed that you buy for 200m when you decide you are done with it? Do you just, toss it away? Count it as lost? My synthetic problem is the problem that the team resolved. I'm sorry that you have issues with that, but it's the reality. If they made them non-tradable, then if a guild master had to leave but they STILL WANT TO KEEP THE HOUSE THEYD HAVE TO SPEND ANOTHER 200M!!!! (since we're using all caps)
    yep. thats what they said. u have to take down everything, and u dont get ur money back. and i dont think u can sell ur plot either
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Dalia Shadowrunner
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Efrye View Post
    Probably not. And - more importantly - they most likely also won't be able to sell it.
    Pretty sure they stated that yes, Land Deeds are a first-come/first-serve basis. And yes, they are able to trade and sell the deed, so that guild members do not lose everything they own when a master can no longer access the game.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Black Pearl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Sorry Yoshida but I think this is still a bullshit thing. It might be ok for a BIG FC Housing(plot whatever) wait 3 months to 1 year, but for a small one? Seriously?
    Did you ever consider that some FC doesn't feel to have 666 members inside and they like to stay in a small group? Where you think this FC will gather money? From RMT?
    Come one... without consider who transfer server lost gils. This is a total disappointment. You guys checked how many gils players have, how many gils in fc players have and so on, but you didn't consider that players tend to change fc and ls, so this won't HELP at all. Also not every players want share the so hard gained money they have for build a FC...
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Dalia Shadowrunner
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Pearl View Post
    Sorry Yoshida but I think this is still a bullshit thing. It might be ok for a BIG FC Housing(plot whatever) wait 3 months to 1 year, but for a small one? Seriously?
    Did you ever consider that some FC doesn't feel to have 666 members inside and they like to stay in a small group? Where you think this FC will gather money? From RMT?
    Come one... without consider who transfer server lost gils. This is a total disappointment. You guys checked how many gils players have, how many gils in fc players have and so on, but you didn't consider that players tend to change fc and ls, so this won't HELP at all. Also not every players want share the so hard gained money they have for build a FC...
    If you are actively changing FC's, why would you ever want to invest in an FC house? Just wait for personal housing.
    (6)

Page 61 of 175 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast