(6)

Player
    Character
    Kyant Nryasi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I do not see what the big fuss is about. We knew about housing for a long time and anyone who had started saving for housing had plenty of time to at least have 1Mil saved. I was not trying to save for housing and I have like 1.3Mil when I started the game with almost none. I am on Balmung and am legacy but my highest class was only 37. On my server it is 20M for the smallest house. Before I go on I imagine a hotfix 2 to 4 weeks into 2.1 which will reduce the cost of housing. That being said a moderate FC of 20 members that saved for a house should be able to get the smallest house. (20 of me would have 26Mil, and considering I didn't even have a 50 at launch I bet I am on the low end concerning gil). Based on the videos they showed on housing it looked like the small houses could comfortably hold about 10 players outside - idk how many inside. In a FC of 20 members, maybe 10~15 will be on at any given time and most of them will be out doing things. I imagine the average 20 member FC will have 2~4 people in the FC at any given time. The smallest plot of land should be more than enough for them.

At 20k per day, a FC of 20 people can make 400k per day, 2.8M per week, and 20M in 7 weeks - and that is by simply playing the game. Players who actively try to make money can probably net twice that (if not much more)... meaning if you actively attempt to make money for your house it will take about a month for the smallest house. That isn't too long, and its forgiving considering we were given quite a warning.

Your Free Company house should be a monument to the strength of your FC. I wouldn't want any one person to be able to buy a FC house but if I was on a non-legacy server I would be able to start a FC with 2 of my buddies (assuming they have the same gil as myself) and buy a FC house. That wouldn't make sense. Since we can actually see other FCs houses it should be expensive and should be something we can be proud of. Most of the game is handed to us easy and free. It makes sense that everyone would complain when SE stops spoon-feeding us but its time to realize that jumping to conclusions before even trying it is immature. With this pricing model, getting a FC house will be something that players can be proud of.

Everyone is in an uproar because the prices are so high, but it seems like everyone wants the biggest land there is. I think that everyone wants the biggest and the best while forgetting that your little raiding guild of 50 players who focus on raiding and combat won't even use a medium size house to its full potential and would be better off with a small house. Unless you are a crafting FC (in which case you will likely have a lot of money saved for a house) or a RP FC (in which case you're screwed) then you will not have a majority of your members just hanging out in the house and can probably get by with a house a lot smaller than what you think.

Don't forget that there is a hierarchy and a path to all things. You didnt start out at level 50, you started at level 1. Likewise, you aren't going to start with the largest house, you will start with a small one and expand as needed.

tl;dr - We had ample time to save for housing. Any FC that saved should be able to buy an appropriately sized house. You don't need a house as large as you think you do.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dyvid Pandemonium
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjain View Post
    "Top tier" in what sense? To me, a "top tier FC" is either 5-15 rich and skilled people who are good at making money and clearing content together. They don't usually have more than 15 people.
    To me, a "top tier FC: is a 75+ active member guild that has the numbers and roster to support a giant guild house. Whether is has tons of drama or what ever is besides the point. If they can actually buy a mansion @ 300 million then they are a Top Tier FC on said server.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyant View Post
    tl;dr - We had ample time to save for housing. Any FC that saved should be able to buy an appropriately sized house. You don't need a house as large as you think you do.
    Strawman argument. A lot of FC that DID save (as they stated multiple times in this thread and many others) can't afford even the smallest house in the worst plot.

And you ignore that not everyone plays every day, and has time to grind every time he plays. Basically, your whole argument is invalid because based on completely unrealistic and idealistic parameters.

We already waited for housing. Some of us even more than a year. Square Enix hyped the feature into the ground, and they should have very well predicted that this kind of overinflated prices would have caused a large wave of malcontent between the playerbase.

That's why housing is basically never done in MMORPGs without an entry level, and not providing it here was and is a massive oversight.
    (17)
    Abriael Rosen - Paladin of Balmung

Player
    Character
    M'ete'leskum B'leskum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyant View Post
    little raiding guild of 50 players

Likewise, you aren't going to start with the largest house, you will start with a small one and expand as needed.
    50 pl FC is NO little - that's actually fairly large FC - small FCs have between 8 - 12 - 20 members.

And - NO - you can't "expand" your FC House - that's what is the majority of the fuss about. You can't even build medium or small house on the large plot. If you spend money on lets say medium plot (and house) and then realize you need larger or simply decide to "upgrade" you need first dismantle your current house, (try to) sell your mid size plot (most certainly at great loss), purchase new large plot and (re-)build the house from the scratch not being able to use (majority of if not all) furnishing from your previous house. "Well" designed upgrade path! Apart of that - other reason many of us wants Large plot / FC house is the workshop for crafting.

I think that to majority of the posters here (apart of about 5 white knights here trolling all the way encounting for less than 1% of overall people involved in this thread based on amount of OP's likes and other posts) are clear about what should (NEEDS) to happen here:

1. Disparrity / discrimination betweeen the servers needs to be removed
    2. Prices should be at least 10 times (up to 20 times) less than curent prices on the lowest tier server group
    3. This should be done right away, NOT after considerable amount of players leaving the game over period of several months

Alternativelly - holld the PROPER auctions for the available plots to see what players / FCs are actually willing to pay comparing to your (dreamed up) prices. This will have two possitive effects - majority of the FCs will obtain the plots at cost they're willing to pay and (most of all) can afford plus will maximize the amount of FCs purchasing not only the plots itself but also all the related furnishing expading the markets for crafters as well as all other players.
    (9)
    Last edited by HEC; 12-17-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Player
    Character
    Traven Kirkwall
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 81
    this sucks
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Mizore Shirayuki
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Does anyone in an actual progressive FC that has a BCOB static and whatnot actually see more than the 7 other people inside said static? I sure don't. I basically log on to do said weekly raids and then log off due to RL time constraints.

I'm waiting for personal housing, could care less about FC housing I'd rarely use with people I rarely see to begin with. Now if this game had content for more than 8 people... Maybe FC housing would be useful. Maybe one day...
    (0)
    Last edited by MizoreShirayuki; 12-17-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Player

Dev's are now blaming the insane prices on "overcrowding"... in a video game... LOL
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Rjain Midnight
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 83
    Quote Originally Posted by KKV View Post
    Mr. Casadey,

I call for your resignation, and the resignation of your colleagues in the North American office. We, the players, require representation that actually represents us, and does not simply tell us what will be. Leave that to Congress.

Justin B.
    Florida
    Man, I'm all for cheaper housing and think this is a shitty business decision and all, but this post just screams arrogance and ignorance, two of the most unsavoury -ance's.

Don't shoot the messenger guys holy shit.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Mulch Phoenix
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll View Post
    Yeah >.< Even when I do get that much I certainly would not spend it on those ridiculous prices. Sigh...can't believe FC house is going to be a waste.
    Yup SE seems to have this idea of making content that you won't be able to do with your FC but only tiny 8 person statics need to get their stuff together already geesh.
    (3)

Page 50 of 175 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast