Balmung
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystWildkey View Post
    Yes.

/10char
    And you say the devs are the ones being unreasonable. >.>
    Because the 'something' we were offered, is effectively nothing when it's placed so far out of reach.
    But it isn't out of reach. There are FC's with houses. And did you read what I posted above? Earning money is not difficult. Even a small FC can easily save up close to three quarters of a million gil a week with only a few hours a day focused on earning money. With the way prices are dropping, that will get you a medium sized house in 2-3 months. And that's if you're starting from zero gil. It is absolutely within reach.
    (1)
    Last edited by Eekiki; 01-10-2014 at 06:24 AM.

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AmnesiaHaze View Post
    houses are too expensive , i will never see one from inside , which is kinda sad :/
    You can go inside someone elses house as long as they are open to the public and a lot of people open theirs to the public so they can show it off.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tryst Wildkey
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Eekiki View Post
    And you say the devs are the ones being unreasonable. >.>
    Yes. I do.

Housing was presented as a core feature of 2.1.
    Core features are expected to be accessible after you have fulfilled the requirements. Be that leveling, gearing or saving gil.

Releasing housing and putting different gil requirements per server is unreasonable. Especially when there is a magnitude of 10 difference between Player A's price on server group one, and my price on Durandal.

If everyone's prices were the same, but astronomical, this topic would be different. The reason there is so much outrage is the sheer magnitude of the pricing difference between server groups. Is this so difficult a concept to understand that people are STILL saying we are whining?

"But, housing prices are scheduled to decrease." you say. So what? It's a nice gesture, but that's all it is, a gesture. We still can't access the content, we still don't know what will happen when they 're-evaluate' the pricing, so we still don't know how long we're going to be locked out of a CORE feature because of the actions (gil stockpiling) of a very few number of players.

Durandal, in the most expensive server group, has ONE house. ONE. And it's a small sized house. Where are all these players with the crap-ton of gil who have effectively prevented the rest of us from accessing this core feature?
    (19)

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    JP side is still on going about this topic as well, and many have awoken and now asking the question "So what is good about housing anyways? Is there any merit? You buy a land, house, and furniture... decorate... and...? wait till 2.2? Why even purchase now then when it doesn't have any use."

Also I see posts such as "Alright so you're going to have a free to play weekend for players that left, what are we supposed to show these players in 2-3 days? New dungeons they can't really enter till they complete some FATE and other requirements? Oh, I hope to god they don't go check out the housing area, it's not because there isn't any housing, but it shows the cost of the land at zone... I'm sure that's just going to kill their interest even more and quit longer..."
    (28)
    Last edited by Reinheart; 01-10-2014 at 09:17 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinheart View Post
    and many have awoken
    Was this a pun on the new patch title "A Realm Awoken?" If so hillarious and poingaint!

Sounds like for once the Japanese and NA communities seem to agree with eachother on almost all points.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Wiggly Pinworms
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Housing could be the best thing ever, or the worst...it's everything the devs are making it out to be. They need to go big or go home, and there isn't a lot of "big" ATM for housing except the price tag. Reinheart your pretty much right. I really hope SE doesn't let everyone down in the end like they have so far in regards to housing.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Santori Zhonets
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Where are all these players with the crap-ton of gil who have effectively prevented the rest of us from accessing this core feature?
    Assuming they're not trying to sell their gil to people for real-world money? They were told by Yoshi-P himself, the day the housing went live, that the price of the biggest plot (Limsa #05) was going to be reduced by half a billion gil. Half a billion.

JP side is ... asking the question "So what is good about housing anyways? Is there any merit? You buy a land, house, and furniture... decorate... and...? wait till 2.2? Why even purchase now then when it doesn't have any use."
    Exactly. If housing had enabled a feature, given a buff, opened content (even lol content like a secret "cow dungeon"), there would be some reason to buy.

Also, it's not like one gilzillionaire could buy the big house anyway. Someone with "over 100 million gil" is only 15% of the way to purchase price. So it would take many. But how much would someone give away to buy someone else a house? If 50% (50 million gil), it would still take 10 of the world's richest to combine to buy that one house. That was never going to happen.
    (8)
    Last edited by ArkhamNative; 01-10-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Player
    Character
    Pyrinna Dox
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Also I see posts such as "Alright so you're going to have a free to play weekend for players that left, what are we supposed to show these players in 2-3 days? New dungeons they can't really enter till they complete some FATE and other requirements? Oh, I hope to god they don't go check out the housing area, it's not because there isn't any housing, but it shows the cost of the land at zone... I'm sure that's just going to kill their interest even more and quit longer..."
    So true. It's hard to build up interest for those who may return for the free weekend when I myself am losing interest in FC Housing and really don't run the new dungeons with exception of Crystal Tower.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I wonder what they are going to do with personal housing. Is it going to be in the same area only now individuals can purchase a house or we going to get new zones for personal housing.

The cost of this is so unaffordable on legacy servers there are only 3 houses total in the entire server. Did SE not want many people to use the feature because they didn't want to set up extra wards for the housing if every FC could afford one.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Renya Khan
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 60
    I will give an advice to whoever likes housing and it's playing with the purpose of making it affordable and try it.

Instead than paying ~36 euros (or dollars?) until the prices gets right, stop your Subscription (like I did) till prices are halved and only then get back into the game.
    So you stockpile actual money instead of gils and in three months, you will save more than half the actual prices.

If you get lucky, SE will understand the huge mistake and give a further discount to reel the players back in.
    I will stop paying on 15th of this month. I suggest you do the same.
    (6)

Page 160 of 175 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 ... LastLast