Page 110 of 175 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1749
    Player
    Character
    Beeraga Z'destroyer
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Its funny that they deleted the "Show us your FC house" thread full of cardboard boxes. Clearly they don't want to face reality.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Iymala Vayle
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 53
    I think at this point they are just hoping that people will let it go and it will blow over as intended. I personally expect this to be addressed and changed, and hope that SE can restore some of the good will towards it's customers.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ixora Lepta
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 73
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksenia View Post
    No server capacity for houses.

Joe has House B, lot F server 12. Here is the junk that's in it.
    It's a call list of around 5kb max?

What are they doing? Live streaming the graphics?
    Wards are copy and paste. Put up 500 wards. It's no different than handling open world or DF traffic. Sargatanas traffic nodes can handle Sargatanas Housing traffic nodes. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this no server capacity thing.
    That's probably because, like most things related to this type of thing, it isn't so simple.

Anyway thats enough with this convo for me. My FC currently seems to be pretty hype about getting together to afford something. It gives me something else to play for, and hell the rest of the content in this game feels easily accessible, I don't really see the point to get up in arms over this regardless of the stupid reasons.

In the grand scheme of things Housing was probably the smallest addition to the game as far as active content goes.

As for the Lying part...well I've long since removed any integrity Square Enix has had in my head. After XIII still getting games and FFXV still not having any news since E3 (despite the promise to talk more on it), I don't even assume Square Enix's figureheads are speaking out their own mouths anymore. The moment ARR got profitable they probably had some management shift. Square Enix loves copying modern trends with games.
    (0)
    Last edited by Edellis; 12-19-2013 at 07:46 AM.

Player
    Character
    Galen Amaranthe
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    I don't get it... couldn't they get around RMT and appease casuals (and even hardcores)... if they had tied housing to crafting? I mean building your house as fancy as you want with max level crafters is way cooler than it just being about stupid gil. (imo).

Make land fairly cheap, but you actually have to BUILD the house with crafting (that would take time and effort)...it would also be a great group effort and team building event.

They just missed the mark SO hard on this whole thing. Frankly, it scares me. The first steps beyond just re-doing content have been terrible.

If they wanted economic action, have materials craftable and sellable on the market that are consumed in the process (lumber... nails... glass (alchemy)... you name it). They could have gotten creative here...I want a big and beautiful tree- Anyone know a high level botanist?? (You get the idea)
    (13)
    Last edited by ApolloGenX; 12-19-2013 at 07:47 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tazo Yoshi
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamNative View Post
    Any FCs that will be buying a house have to increase their Rank to 6, which seems like it could take nearly a week at the current reported rates.

That said, I don't expect many houses to appear in the next month or two, at least not on Legacy worlds, because Yoshi-P's response basically said all Legacy world land prices will plummet ~70% to match world group #3 in March.
    An FC from Gilgamesh bought a medium lot/house. Looks awesome and on a hill. It looks pretty damn big on the inside.

Not sure if I can post a reddit link here, so I wont.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kyo Kiritani
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lingarn View Post
    Earth, where we expect to be able to play games we pay to play.
    Um, okay. What?

Let me throw out a hypothetical here.

SE, at launch, anticipates 50,000 subscribers. So they obtain all necessary equipment that will be able to handle 50,000 players at any given moment. But when launch actually comes, they have 200,000 subscribers and they're all attempting to login. Come to find that because their equipment can only handle 50,000 players at a time, people will have trouble logging in.

If that's not a successful launch, I'm not sure what planet you're from, either. Sure it's a huge pain not being able to login, but that's a successful launch.

And that has to do with, as you said, lack of server capacity. Lack of server capacity has barely anything to do with a successful launch, if any at all.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Iymala Vayle
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 53
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloGenX View Post
    I don't get it... couldn't they get around RMT and appease casuals (and even hardcores)... if they had tied housing to crafting? I mean building your house as fancy as you want with max level crafters is way cooler than it just being about stupid gil. (imo).

Make land fairly cheap, but you actually have to BUILD the house with crafting (that would take time and effort)...it would also be a great group effort and team building event.

They just missed the mark SO hard on this whole thing. Frankly, it scares me. The first steps beyond just re-doing content have been terrible.
    I think that would have been an awesome idea. Right now crafter's do not have much of a market outside their own guilds for housing things... that would have made it epic and really a group experience.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Siorai Aduaidh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    FC Housing today.

FC Housing in 6-8 months.

We'll just have to be patient.
    (3)
    Last edited by Zantetsuken; 12-19-2013 at 07:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Iymala Vayle
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 53
    @Centershock

You make a valid point. The launch was very successful and it did overload the servers. They took a few weeks and got those servers upgraded and added additional servers to handle the load. SINCE that time, the game has lost active the high amount of persistent accounts logged into the game at one time through attrition (just like all MMOs do, I am not hating on the game, but that is the course of an MMOs Lifespan).

With that additional added server power for launch they should be able to handle housing demands. Since also at that time they bought additional servers they already had housing in the works and now they had a better understanding of how large the player base was.... Housing was not something they thought of last week and implemented. They had time to prepare for this when upgrading. If they failed to do that, which they may have than that was a horrible business move up there with misleading their customers in regards to pricing.
    (5)
    Last edited by Iymala; 12-19-2013 at 08:05 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tryst Wildkey
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Edellis View Post
    Anyway thats enough with this convo for me. My FC currently seems to be pretty hype about getting together to afford something. It gives me something else to play for, and hell the rest of the content in this game feels easily accessible, I don't really see the point to get up in arms over this regardless of the stupid reasons.
    You're on the cheapest server, of course your FC is excited. You can actually afford housing.

You're on the cheapest server, of course you don't see a point in getting upset.

I am not trying to bash you personally, it's just that for those people on the cheaper servers, too many have posted in this thread saying they don't see why this is a big deal. Of course you don't see what the problem is if you're on a cheaper server.

Really, really take a look at the prices on Durandal. Then take a look at the prices on Balmung. Imagine those prices for your server and come back here and say that it's not a big deal. *bashheaddeskbrickwallomfg*
    (11)
    Everyone thought paid retainers and fantasia would be the end of it.
    You were warned.
    Cash shop in, TrystWildkey out.

Page 110 of 175 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 ... LastLast