Player
    Character
    Torin Escarpa
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by MakotoNano View Post
    How do you keep coming up with dependent? We aren't dependent on a CC skill, but as I've said, and about 100 others, which apparently isn't working for you. We are losing 10-15% of our DPS, with no compensation for that loss.
    We are compensated with AoE damage. They meant to nerf our ST damage, it's just a shame they had to remove a skill from our rotation to do it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elysia Mazda
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Majidah View Post
    ...all the drama is about Rain of Death losing -10% damage mitigation, which was core to our job. If anything they pushed us more into being a DPS job and less into support.
    That was likely the point. This was making BRD essential for endgame content, or at least worth vastly more than its slot. I do think RoD could use some tweaking from here, though. 180TP for that? Garuda better have a hell of an evasion buff hiding under those tailfeathers.

Quote Originally Posted by MakotoNano View Post
    We are losing 10-15% of our DPS, with no compensation for that loss.
    This "10-15%" thing really needs to die. If 8 potency per second is 15% of your DPS, then you're doing about 120 DPS with a relic+1 and really need to re-evaluate your playing skill. What you've actually lost is more like 5-7% of your DPS.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zelia Sarrasin
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rin View Post
    We are compensated with AoE damage. They meant to nerf our ST damage, it's just a shame they had to remove a skill from our rotation to do it.
    It is barely an increase in AoE damage--20 potency per target per cast(Difference between Tri-Disaster and B2).

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    This "10-15%" thing really needs to die. If 8 potency per second is 15% of your DPS, then you're doing about 120 DPS with a relic+1 and really need to re-evaluate your playing skill. What you've actually lost is more like 5-7% of your DPS.
    It is right around 10%. 11-15%? No, not even close.

Thunder is ~40 DPS or so(for me). Replacing that with a Ruin is ~4 casts a minute, which is 210-320 damage. This is ~14 DPS.

So we're sitting at a ~26 DPS loss, not including Contagion, Raging Strikes, or Int Pots.

Yes, it's roughly a 10% loss.
    (2)
    Last edited by Kevee; 12-16-2013 at 06:32 AM.

Player
    Character
    Orihara Izaya
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevee View Post
    It is barely an increase in AoE damage--20 per target per cast(Difference between Tri-Disaster and B2).
    Exactly and since we don't get umbrela ice it's just a mp waste of a skill.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kalandros Shadowsun
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    All the tears and complaints in this thread are overreactions.

It ain't the end of the world, it doesn't mean SMN are bottom-tier DPS, they are still needed.
    We'll do a bit less DPS.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raide Duku
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    So, out of curiosity, I went and tested the nerf. Since damage values on ruin aren't changed, this was actually simple. I timed how long it took to cast thunder and the effect's duration. I then cast thunder on a target and spammed ruin until thunder ran out. On the second target, I simply spammed ruin for the same duration (yes, including the time it takes to cast thunder). I did this 100 times to make sure I had a decently sized test pool. Here is a screenshot of the typical difference of damage. The target on the right is the thunder + ruin target. Target on the left is ruin only for the same duration:

So, yeah. So much for SPAM RUIN MOAR. Keep in mind that's 20.42 seconds (give or take a half a second of human reaction time) of damage. Imagine over the duration of a boss fight.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Evoker Keii
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Keep in mind we're losing damage from the boots nerf too.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cesil Rapture
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Honestly...I agree with everyone here about losing the Thunder..it SUCKS ; ; But...I think instead my main complaint is..since we had to rely on a cross class skill for damage and it is gone, why is nothing being compensated for it from our main? Like why is Ruin not getting a boost, or one of our other DoTs? I hope with the level cap raise they give us worthwhile stuff to make up for it..sigh.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cirra Maru
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Thunder takes up too much MP for summoner and we don't have Blizzard to get it back quickly. I took it off of my bars as soon as it started chewing up my MP like crazy. Thunder is not game breaking to SMN >.>.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaori Miyazono
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiramu View Post
    Thunder takes up too much MP for summoner and we don't have Blizzard to get it back quickly. I took it off of my bars as soon as it started chewing up my MP like crazy. Thunder is not game breaking to SMN >.>.
    It amazes me how many people didn't use Thunder. 1 Thunder cast is just as strong as your other dots. Why would you not use it? MP? like crazy? You cast it once every 18 seconds. That in NO way drains it like crazy.
    (1)

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast