Player
    Character
    Noface Killer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

How relic should have been....

The method for obtaining regular relic weapons is fine as is.

ilvl 95 +1 relic should have been obtained by an item dropped by twintania.

ilvl 90 allagan should have been myth tome gear.

It just doesn't make sense that the most epic looking weapons should become obsolete. Allagan looks just like any common dungeon gear...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Amaranth Rainbow
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Nofacekiller View Post
    The method for obtaining regular relic weapons is fine as is.

It just doesn't make sense that the most epic looking weapons should become obsolete. Allagan looks just like any common dungeon gear...
    Even better-
    Allagan should have just been an item to upgrade to +2 relic...
    (3)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Relic +1 is ilvl 90, not 95. There *will* be further upgrades to the relic weapons in the future.
    What is this i dont even... ? No, level 90 allagan should be level 90 allagan, like it already is. In all actality, I realize yo are talking about the weapons specifically.

Why do you think the relic weapons should be better than the allagan when the allagan is harder to get?

Like I said, this isnt the end of the line for relic weapons, they will get upgrades. But considering how many people ALREADY HAVE relic weapons, it makes more sense to do what they're already going to do because the relic weapons are common while the allagan weapons are not. I'm sure the relic upgrades will be tougher and reward lv95 or 100 versions.

It just doesn't make sense that the most epic looking weapons should become obsolete.
    Again, they aren't going obsolete, there will be upgrades in the future. But common weapons that everyone already has shouldn't be the best. You could say they dropped the ball in them being easier than SE throught they were, but what would be the point in turn 5 dropping weapons at all when you consider the fact that you need relic weapons to be competitive in that turn, if the allagan weapons weren't an upgrade?

TL;DR: Boohoo, someone complaining that better gear becomes avialable over time in an MMO...
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-14-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kori Fleming
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Relic +1 is ilvl 90, not 95. There *will* be further upgrades to the relic weapons in the future.
    "should have been"
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Noface Killer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    stuff
    You're missing the whole point of what I said. I'm saying how things SHOULD have been from the START. Obviously they can't make allagan inferior to relic +1 now that it's allagan that drops from twintania.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arkista Valentine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Relic weapons should have been harder to obtain. In FFXI it took like a 6months to a year+ to make one (unless you bought Gil).

I really hope SE adds a Mythic Weapon Version to FFXIV but call them Legendary Weapons. And for anyone who doesn't know what those are
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ca...Mythic_Weapons
    I was pretty close to finishing Tizona....... That's what this game needs. I think it would help with the "Lack of Content".

Our Relic Weapons in FFXIV are pretty much the same as a Empyrean Weapon in FFXI.
    So there may be some hope.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Thunderz Canadia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Relics should have been obtainable on Ifrit extreme and then up-gradable through coil

AF2 should have been an endgame of its own obtaining items to upgrade your AF stuff similar to limbus in FFXI

Allagan should have been Hard mode dungeon gear reward

I dunno my 2cent
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    they should just up grade relics again, but give us stuff that involves more then just running a dungeon a few times that all you pertty much did .
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sapphic Meow
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Well this isn't FFXI. So what happened in FFXI, how long it took to obtain things in FFXI dont apply. Why?

Because it isn't FFXI!

People keep saying it took this and that to obtain AF, relic gear in FFXI need to get out of that mindset. FFXIV is a different game, with a different design and a different playstyle.

So until people realise that they aren't playing FFXI the better, maybe then they wont worry so much and just play the game for what it is.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Pharzyr Catro
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkista View Post
    Relic weapons should have been harder to obtain. In FFXI it took like a 6months to a year+ to make one (unless you bought Gil).

I really hope SE adds a Mythic Weapon Version to FFXIV but call them Legendary Weapons. And for anyone who doesn't know what those are
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ca...Mythic_Weapons
    I was pretty close to finishing Tizona....... That's what this game needs. I think it would help with the "Lack of Content".

Our Relic Weapons in FFXIV are pretty much the same as a Empyrean Weapon in FFXI.
    So there may be some hope.
    I guarantee you no weapon will take 6 months to a year to aquire. Ever.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast