Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Nyx Dorne
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70

Crystal Tower should let us gear up our alts.

For real, one item and you only make it available through DF? We are going to spend a bunch of time refilling our ranks after every single boss when people drop once they get their item.

Another thing, its funny, when the game first came out and people came on the forums saying "This game had something that would make FFXIV better" and the white knights would freak out and scream "THIS ISNT WOW QUIT TRYING TO MAKE IT THAT WAY". Now people come on here and complain about the lockouts and the white knight agrument of the day is "All other MMO's do it, and thats the way it should be". It cracks me up.
    (6)

Character
    Shio Ban
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Thread: TL;DR (The same thing you've read on every thread)

There are already at least 20 threads on this topic already.

Please use the search function or skip through the General Discussion pages to find one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodai View Post
    I appreciate your concern for the valuable disk space my post has taken up. I will however respectfully decline your request to search through other threads.
    EDIT: This guy makes a good point;

Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    It's actually a rule, btw.
    Please use the search function placed at the top of the forum to see if your questions have already been answered. If there happens to be a thread with similar topics, please divert your questions to that particular thread.
    (4)
    Last edited by Shioban; 12-14-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Player
    Character
    Willow Rathel
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I made an argument similar to this and was met with selective reading, all I got was u don't like CT or u don't do any content or this and that I think a lock out on CT is stupid, between the time cap and coil lock out if I had to gear my upcoming alts plus my main it would be months still and I think that's stretching it pretty good. But Se wants your money and people will come on here saying stupid trolling things lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaguya Houraisan
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    Depending on how it is on the JP forums, they could always change it before launch...

You never know. I'll wait until next week to continue complaining.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luna Nattvind
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    I agree. Only highest tier gear should (if any at all, I can argue for that aswell, but in all honestly, that would make so that alot of people only would pay for 1 month every 3 months) have a lock out. No reason to give iLvl 80 gear lockout. It does after all serve as a stepping stone into coil, so let it serve it's role instand of being a complement to your coil gear.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nyx Dorne
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Shioban View Post
    There are already at least 20 threads on this topic already.

Please use the search function or skip through the General Discussion pages to find one of them.
    I appreciate your concern for the valuable disk space my post has taken up. I will however respectfully decline your request to search through other threads.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nyx Dorne
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunavi View Post
    I agree. Only highest tier gear should (if any at all, I can argue for that aswell, but in all honestly, that would make so that alot of people only would pay for 1 month every 3 months) have a lock out. No reason to give iLvl 80 gear lockout. It does after all serve as a stepping stone into coil, so let it serve it's role instand of being a complement to your coil gear.
    I dont mind a lockout on the instance at all. I actually think a three day lockout wouldnt be bad at all. I do think limiting the gear while your inside the instance is a really stupid idea.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luna Nattvind
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodai View Post
    I dont mind a lockout on the instance at all. I actually think a three day lockout wouldnt be bad at all. I do think limiting the gear while your inside the instance is a really stupid idea.
    Ok, I stand by my point though. No idea to lock out CT. It shall serve to give you gear for coil as it was originally meant to . A 3 day lock out sounds ok though. The best part with the 1 item per week thing though is that you can pick which item you want! You can pass on everything until that specific item you want drops.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Daeada Fehr
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    6 sets x 5 pieces of gear* = 30 pieces of gear / 14** weeks = 2.14 pieces of gear per week to make the content last until 2.2.

However to last between now and 2.2 one would have to want all 6 sets of gear, which most don't. The way it's set up you get 1 piece every week, and you will be able to get ~3 full sets between now and 2.2. This is perfectly paced for most people. Especially when you look at the dual purpose sets of Tanks, Heals, and Magic DPS, you can cover 6/9 jobs (at max efficiency) in full i80 before 2.2.

* = Accessories at i80 will be pointless, 1 i90 accessory a week from XM Primals, 1 i90 accessory a week from Myth tomes, so 5 pieces of gear per set that matter.

** = Roughly amount of planned time between 2.1 and 2.2

TL;DR: The pace is probably constructed precisely to last 3 months until 2.2 for a majority of people. If it's not fast enough for you, you are likely in the minority.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arkista Valentine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    This is what bothers me the most about the Lockout on Crystal Tower gear.... I want to do this on my MNK which is 9/11 ilvl90. I want all the gear for MNK, In fact I want every piece for every job ^^. What sucks is we can run the content as much as we'd like but once we get a piece of gear and We're locked out it hits the floor. Like how many people are really going to roll Greed on a piece of gear? There is going to be so much gear that hits the floor its a waste. I really hope enough people complain about this stupid 1 week lockout and they change it to 72hrs.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast