Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Dag Nabbit
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I was able to start grinding with Silver Francisca's at R38 (The first rank you are allowed to start them at). It required Master synth support and I also had the following abilites to use: Maker's Muse, Fullfilment, Preserve, Ingenuity, and Close Inspection. It was hard and I used most of the abilities, but the failure rate was very low.

From ~R33 (don't recall exact rank) - R38 I did my grinding with Danburite and Flourite rings. Very good SPs at those ranks. I did Mine my own gems and silver ore. Plus I could sell the Danburite rings for 15K-25K on my server fairly quickly (was very little competition at the time I was doing those ranks). I also had Inlaying Training.

It does seem that having the proper training, for those synths that recommend it, allows you to stretch a couple more ranks then you otherwise can, so use those Guild Marks wisely.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lady Morganna
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 20
    an alternative to the electrum grind/chakram grind is silver spectacles.
    you get more bang for your buck from the silver ingots because 2 ingots = 12 wires, only thing relatively hard to get is the glass but if you find cheap mats you should go for it. Another thing is the fact that these bad boys sell for 3.3-3.5k each iirc to the npc and you might sell a few on retainers for 20-30k a pop, 50k if youre lucky

synth level rank 40 needs inlaying training and uses a silver wire a nugget and a clear glass lens
    (0)

Player

I'm stuck at 37 goldsmithing as well. Electrum nugget is so hard to come buy and price of gold ore is so expensive. I hope i can get past this! So ready to give it up >.<
    (0)

Player

Alternative from R35-R40 is "White Coral Arrowheads" if you are fishing. White coral can be found off Cedarwood (Grade 4) and Bald Knoll (Grade 5). Sweet spot is -3 and you can expect to get 30-40% of your catch in coral.

Blue and Red coral is only found in schools of fish so not so nice. Moving on to electrum rings - thanks for great guide!
    (0)

Player

curious to see if we have an updated guide for GS since patch 1.19. any help 40+ would be great. thanks!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shinza Lewenhart
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlymera View Post
    curious to see if we have an updated guide for GS since patch 1.19. any help 40+ would be great. thanks!
    I second this!
    (1)

Player

Brimstone is much easier to come by now, so red coral breastpins would be a good recipe.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jerbird Leone
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    I don't know if anyone on here posted anything about GSM and 40+ recipes yet to grind on, but farming the fire flies in Shposhae (which drops tons of red coral) allow you to grind x2 red coral = red coral arrows for some good exp, especially with a crafting scroll from the Grand Company Halls.

Hope that helps any 40+ GSM's out there having trouble hitting 50, like I used to.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Bear Tato
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonesaurus View Post
    I don't know if anyone on here posted anything about GSM and 40+ recipes yet to grind on, but farming the fire flies in Shposhae (which drops tons of red coral) allow you to grind x2 red coral = red coral arrows for some good exp, especially with a crafting scroll from the Grand Company Halls.

Hope that helps any 40+ GSM's out there having trouble hitting 50, like I used to.

Thanks for the info but where is Shposhae? Can u point me in the right direction?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Umo Heima
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80

Lower La Noscea (28,33)

Quote Originally Posted by DocPunisher View Post
    Thanks for the info but where is Shposhae? Can u point me in the right direction?
    Shposhae is a low level open dungeon introduced alongside patch 1.19. It's located @ Lower La Noscea (28,33), near to the Limsa Lominsa's main entrance.
    (0)
    Last edited by Umo; 10-28-2011 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Adding coordinates
    English is not my mother language. I'm trying to do my best, so please don't be rude...

¡Únete a la Comunidad en español de FFXIV en MeWe!
    https://mewe.com/join/ffxivesp

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast