Player
    Character
    Tama Seiryu
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80

Gun Jumpers are so fun..

Seems lately on any run i do as warrior, every DPS jumps the gun before i can even get in any sort of emnity strikes, then whine endlessly about having a "horrible tank" when they pull hate. I simply mention that fullbuffing at the first action tends to cause that, which apparently provokes them to respond that a "tank should have hate with the first hit". Its a slight annoyance that people are this ignorant to tanking mechanics, or am i alone in these feelings?
    (10)
    Leader of Tonberry Assassins <STAB!> of Coeurl, a social & light raiding FC.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Dreams should be allowed to fly as free as the birds in the sky.

Player
    Character
    Hocchi Pocchi
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Let them keep the hate and learn from their mistakes.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    King Drako
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Truefaith87 View Post
    Seems lately on any run i do as warrior, every DPS jumps the gun before i can even get in any sort of emnity strikes, then whine endlessly about having a "horrible tank" when they pull hate. I simply mention that fullbuffing at the first action tends to cause that, which apparently provokes them to respond that a "tank should have hate with the first hit". Its a slight annoyance that people are this ignorant to tanking mechanics, or am i alone in these feelings?
    General people that do this havent level a tanking class to 50. If they pull its ok, but if they pull and are d*cks about it, I let them pull and If they die, its on them. Only exception is Succubus in AK.
    (1)
    Tanks be Like....

Player
    Character
    Shichi Mamura
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    I get pissed at other DPS who do this. I would just tell them, "L2P".
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Haeen Kazerith
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Oh hey the tank used Heavy Swing, TIME TO FLARE!
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Womble O'flaherty
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    The ideal situation is to have them wait a second or two before they pop their BIG RED NUMBER cooldowns.

But in all honestly, it's incredibly rare that any DPS pull hate from me these days.
    If you're similarly-geared then you can generally hold hate from even the most Derpy and uncooperative DPS.
    You just need to always be the first one to a mob and anticipate what each DPS in your party is going to do (Big AoE, Big ST DPS, randomly attack targets regardless of marking, etc etc).

It's about generating hate as fast as possible on the mobs that the DDs are likely to be attacking.

The only times it gets hairy is when you have two ST DDs going all-out on different mobs (if you are marking them, then this is the DD's fault. Feel free to let the idiot that's attacking mob #2 or #3 tank it) or a ST DD going all-out on one mob and an AoE DD going all-out on all mobs (Usually this is handleable by regular use of Flash, but in extreme cases you can stun/holmgang the ST DPS's Target. It's better to have one mob peel away than lose hate on the rest!)

Oh, and if the BLM decides to Double-Flare, you can at least provoke one mob off them and stun another. If they whinge about the rest, tell them to Manawall faster
    (0)

Player
    Character
    J'kenrir Yojhi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    To me, the issue is not when the jump the gun. It's when most tanks can't get it back, funny how both sides blame each other. "Derp" tanks and DDs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Supply Demand
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 72
    I never had huge enmity issues as a PLD leveling up (got ifrit's blade until Relic). Occasionally I had a BLM who would just nuke the crap out of everything immediately and I would lose it, but provoke, etc, blah blah blah.

I only really learned the other side of that when I made a new char and made a BLM, I'm not even that geared yet and if I lay into a single target with a few lucky procs, I take enmity from a Relic'ed tank who isn't "great". I had to spread out my damage across targets, etc a lot in dungeons with people I don't know.

Its a 2-way road, it really is - Always look to improve and adapt, even if the dps is TOTALLY in the wrong, it will make you that much better of a player if you can jury-rig your enmity generation to hold hate over them successfully, then you will have that trick in your bag later on : D

If you using a lvl 49 sword/axe and someone has a Relic +1...well that disparity will be hard to overcome, but should be extremely temporary.
    (2)

Character
    Kytre Ashaer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    I've had more issues with WHM doing this than DPS, honestly. Regen before a fight starts or starting off healing using Cure II when I've barely lost health...I've warned too many WHM that if they keep pulling hate in dumb ways before I have aggro that I won't save them...usually keeps them in check. If a DPS does this I will warn them once and if they continue they will have to tank that mob.

As for during a fight, as long as I'm on top of things (and its not past midnight) I really don't have issues with aggro, even in WP with two BLM Flaring (Unchained + Berserk + Overpower spam til Pacification...yeah, its REALLY hard to take aggro from that. Heck, even just one of the two CDs and OP spam is usually enough to keep aggro, barring a ton of Flare crits)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Choptimas Prime
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    problem I've been having lately is healers wanting to be DD and forgetting their job is to heal. I don't mind you getting a few hits in, maybe letting my hp drop to 50% or so, but when it's consistently going sub 20% then throwing ONE cure my way....? hello IB infuriate IB... shouldn't be having to do that on trash mobs.. js
    (0)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast