Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Player
    Character
    Drak Thar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Paikis is arguing over spherical cows in vacuum. Again.

1) All that "old IB potentially mitigates more damage with it's heal than the new one" works with one condition: There will be few to none incoming heals from the moment you take your big hit till the moment you pop IB. Which is the case... Once in a blue moon or what? Because in every other case, when the tank is expected to get hit hard, healers make sure he's as close to being topped off as it gets. HoTs, heal pre-casting, you name it. And in this case, most of that old IB will become overhealing and get wasted.

2) Old IB has near-zero synergy with shields. Stone skin, Adloqium/Succor - they work wonders on Warrior due to high HP pool and that healing bonus. New IB will work nicely with all that, old one just won't. Again, "if" we're using direct heal spamming only (another cow in vacuum) old one looks not as bad. Switch to real in-game situations and there you go - that "nerf" doesn't look so nerfy now.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Oulan Bator
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Why don't you just pop the 2.1 IB when it's up ?

Defensive skills are supposed to be Vengeance (straight damage reduction), Thrill of Battle (damage is dealt to a virtual Hp pool) and Holmgang (can't die !!!).
    These 3 skills can be up almost every 30 seconds.

Maybe for this one rare boss (like the hardest boss of the game) you can save your Inner Beast for the few times the others 3 aren't up, and spam it the rest of the time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mrv Light
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    You can now start telling me why I'm wrong.
    you ignored the best part about the new inner beast

in 2.1, it won't reduce your healing received for the next 20-30 seconds... more than enough to make it better than the current iteration.

it could have the healing component completely removed and it'd still be better than what we've got now :s
    (0)
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1037683/achievement/detail/747/

Player
    Character
    Ver Her
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 80

The Neverending Story.

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    In the current game, Inner Beast heals me for about 2100 in a raid with no crit and not using Berserk. However, I am going from memory here and I don't have a screenshot of this. Getting one would prove bothersome,

WALL OF TEXT

You can now start telling me why I'm wrong.
    What a long, untrue, silly post about make believe numbers. Because.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tele Nariel
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Old Inner Beast: 300% heal. you have to not be at full, and not cause a cure to be over-curing for this to be useful. This also removes your wraith stacks so cures hit for less potency.
    New Inner Beast: 100% heal, 20% dmg reduction for 6 seconds. Good for telegraphed attacks, and group pulls. This scales with incoming damage rather than being stat dependent.

The utility changes
    Old: "I just took a shitload let's make me harder to heal, for a medium self heal!", let's be honest with the healing reduction you're saving about one cure I / Physic spell here... two at the most and likely not saving your life.
    New: "20% DR for 6 seconds, and if I'm not topped off a small self heal!", sure it isn't going to net you back as much HP, but with the move of healing bonus to defiance (albiet reduced), this is a worthwhile use of your wraith stacks and will net about 2-3% less damage taken over time (with rough account for uptime 1/3 = 7%~ max average reduction and you may be holding charges for telegraphed attacks or not able to use the GCD right away)

I'm ok with this change, it's not a boost to the ability, but it gives the ability more utility in a broader range of content.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Datura Megido
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Exstal View Post
    Hm, I can't find anything wrong with this. Damn. You win this time, Paikis.
    For one, there will eventually be harder hitting content than TT.

Second, why is he wearing griphonskin while main tanking TT?

Third, the self healing isnt that great, it comes down to maybe a single heal from a healer. And even then it relies on Berserk or a Crit. DR will always be useful.

Topping yourself off or healing some back after a big burst attack is simply not as advantageous as simply reducing its damage. Have fun totally topping yourself off that one time while TT one shots you with a queued cleave and death sentence.

Dont forget the 5% increased healing recieved we will also be getting. Im ok with losing a little healing on IB for that.
    (0)

7. 12-15-2013 12:04 AM

Player
    Character
    Raging Bull
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantbane View Post
    Nice UGGs

/snicker
    THE BOOTS WITH THE FUUUUURRRRR
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Taneshima Popura
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Lets make this really simple... at 8,000 HP in defiance precasting IB already makes you have 9,600HP for the duration which already beats the old model. I'm also assuming I totally wasted the 100% DMG heal and ignoring potential heal received during the duration of 6 seconds. (A simple napkin math)

If you want a Life drain tank, it always has to be tied to 2 things. Your Max HP% or % of damage received (Which is pretty much a weaker version of mitigation). And why SE cannot implement this is due to the fact that like the coming 2.1 patch balance needs to be done between PvE and PvP.

Not to mention the difference is only 1500-500=1000 heal, which is really... worth 1 Physick/Cure 1. 850*1.2= 1,020
    (0)
    Last edited by TaneshimaPopura; 12-16-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4