Player
    Character
    Haeen Kazerith
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    Just because YOU cannot do something does not mean it cannot be done.
    You really should stop making this statement.
    Anyone can replicate your results provided they have the exact same gear.
    So its clear that Kitru is considering a different accessory kit from you.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shichi Mamura
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    I've had 6k WARs (or slightly under) that I've healed on Titan.
    You've never known fear in a video game until you've had to do this right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Leiron View Post
    I'll try it with less STR. But without Storm's Eye debuff (because that can't be up reliably).

(1)
    Last edited by Exstal; 12-14-2013 at 08:43 AM.

Player
    Character
    Paikis Pryslack
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 73
    If anyone can do it (and they can) then why am I always met with incredulity and charges of fabricating numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Exstal View Post
    I'll try it with less STR. But without Storm's Eye debuff (because that can't be up reliably).
    There's a screenshot that's been linked thrice now in this thread showing that I've done it. In case you can't make it out, my gear is as follows:

Warrior's Burgeonet (helm)
    Warrior's Cuirass
    Warrior's Gauntlets
    Hero's Belt of Fending
    Heavy Allagan Cuisses (legs)
    Warrior's Jackboots

Full Gryphonskin with these melds:
    Neck: Vit IV, Crit III, Parry III, Parry III, Vit II
    Ears: Vit IV, Crit III, Parry III, Parry III, Vit II
    Wrists: Parry III, Parry III, Vit III, Vit III, Vit II
    Ring1: Vit IV, DET IV, Parry III, Parry III, Vit II
    Ring2: Parry III, Parry III, Vit III, Vit III, Vit II
    (0)
    Last edited by Paikis; 12-14-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Haeen Kazerith
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    ... Paikis switch out those legs.

Oh god..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kitru Kitera
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I really wish you people (and you specifically) would stop trying to tell me what I can and cannot do.
    I'll tell you what is mathematically possible and probable. There is, quite literally, *no way* that you're getting 2.1k from an Inner Beast with only Maim and Storm's Eye. You can say it all you want, but it's mathematically impossible for you to do it. The very fact that you think it's even "plausible* means that none of your numbers can be trusted because you, quite obviously, have a monumentally skewed (and quite possibly inaccurate) perspective.

I question whether you've actually done any of the fights you're talking about. I regularly tank Caduceus with 2 stacks and he simply does not hit that hard.
    I didn't say 2 stack Caduceus. I said Cad with more than 2 stacks. When he gets to 3+ stacks, he starts hitting on the level I'm talking about, which is exactly the kind of situation with high damage that gets talked about.

on our first kill I tanked him until 7 stacks.
    Which means that you were kiting him so that you weren't getting hit (which means nothing, because I've seen a BRD "tank" Cad up to 8 stacks by kiting). At 7 stacks, a single Tail Swipe is going to kill you even from full.

Who is talking about those fights? Certainly not me.
    You *must* be talking about those fights because you're acting as if the situations in which the amount of damage that you need to take in order to make the new IB better are in the minority. The only way that *that* is happening is if you're bringing up those fights. If you only look at coil, 75% of the boss fights will hit you hard enough that IB is better in its new incarnation.

It's almost like Kitru didn't even read the first paragraph of the thread where I state that I use Gryphonskin.
    I did. The fact that you somehow claimed that the average difference performance of IB in raid was 40% higher than you tested immediately made me doubt any number that you provide because there is *no* way you're spontaneously doing 40% more damage just because you're in a group.

The issue is, as previously mentioned, that you're using an unrealistic gear loadout that is specifically *designed* to maximize damage and the performance of the current Inner Beast at the cost of traditional tank stats. For anyone *not* using overmelded Gryphonskin (i.e. people using tank gear that the devs actually expected to be tank gear), the new Inner Beast is going to be a huge upgrade. For anyone using the overmelded Gryphonskin, they're still going to get better performance out of the new Inner Beast (because you take a lot more damage in those 6 second windows than you're acting like), but not as much.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Paikis Pryslack
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 73
    ... Paikis switch out those legs.

Oh god..
    Yeah, they're hideous. But I don't have the tomes for myth legs and this is one of the only pieces of tank loot we've had drop. I might spend my next 825 on the Warrior's Breeches... but they are exactly the same STATS and 3 weeks of tomes for a cosmetic change seems... I think I'd rather have a second +1 relic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
    I'll tell you what is mathematically possible and probable. There is, quite literally, *no way* that you're getting 2.1k from an Inner Beast with only Maim and Storm's Eye. You can say it all you want, but it's mathematically impossible for you to do it. The very fact that you think it's even "plausible* means that none of your numbers can be trusted because you, quite obviously, have a monumentally skewed (and quite possibly inaccurate) perspective.
    Please note the screenshot of me hitting 1500 linked a few times in this thread. Please also note the bold and underlined part of the original post where I tell you that I ONLY used the number in that screenshot because I couldn't be sure I wasn't remembering a crit/berserk usage.

Which means that you were kiting him so that you weren't getting hit (which means nothing, because I've seen a BRD "tank" Cad up to 8 stacks by kiting). At 7 stacks, a single Tail Swipe is going to kill you even from full.
    No, I wasn't kiting, I was taking Hood Swing to the face and what the hell kind of tank is going to get hit by a tail swipe? You're tanking, why are you behind the mob? Yes, my healers are good and mad props to them, but it takes a combined effort to tank anything.

You *must* be talking about those fights because you're acting as if the situations in which the amount of damage that you need to take in order to make the new IB better are in the minority. The only way that *that* is happening is if you're bringing up those fights. If you only look at coil, 75% of the boss fights will hit you hard enough that IB is better in its new incarnation.
    I didn't specifically state I was only considering Coil fights, but I was. Twintania and possibly turn 4 are the only palces you're going to find damage that high. If Caduceus is getting enough stacks to where he is hitting that hard, then your DPS are terrible or you need to start feeding him.

The issue is, as previously mentioned, that you're using an unrealistic gear loadout that is specifically *designed* to maximize damage and the performance of the current Inner Beast at the cost of traditional tank stats.
    This gear loadout is what I have used on our first kill of everything in coil. Everything. It is not unrealistic, it just isn't "stack as many HP as you can and ignore everything else." It isn't what you do, but it is completely viable and not unrealistic at all.

For anyone *not* using overmelded Gryphonskin
    I would suggest that they (and you) try it before they give up and label it as 'bad'. It really is better for any fight where you aren't going to be one-shot.
    (0)
    Last edited by Paikis; 12-14-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Player
    Character
    Adol Giantbane
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Heavy Allagan Cuisses (legs)
    Warrior's Jackboots
    Nice UGGs

/snicker
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Einheri Sigurd
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    The 2.1 changes to IB being a "nerf" should not be news to any one. Here is my post from when yoshi-p revealed the change:

Currently inner beast heals for about 1500 on average (end game tanks) with the ability to crit and take advantage damage buffs the high end heals can be huge. Don't forget infuriate can allow for back to back IB heals. So you can easily mitigate for over 3k damage currently(not consistently).

The new IB provides 20% reduction over 6 secs. So a boss doing 1k dps, say a table flip and two reg attacks for 6k you will mitigate only 1200 damage. Add in the reduced heal for about 500 and you get 1700 damage mitigated. What makes this "buff" great is that is scales with content the warriors big problem currently vs a paladin. So if the boss does 1500dps your mitigation would be around 2300.

The new IB scales with content. Its why warriors are currently considered inferior to paladins after a point in content. Just think of 2.2 with turn 6 of BC you will maybe hit IB for 600 instead of 500 a 20% increase in your output. The boss may however be doing 2k dps. So old IB will be good for 1800 average and the new will be worth 3000 in mitigation.
    (1)
    Last edited by Einheri; 12-14-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jadus Salaheem
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Einheri View Post
    The 2.1 changes to IB being a "nerf" should not be news to any one. Here is my post from when yoshi-p revealed the change:

Currently inner beast heals for about 1500 on average (end game tanks) with the ability to crit and take advantage damage buffs the high end heals can be huge. Don't forget infuriate can allow for back to back IB heals. So you can easily mitigate for over 3k damage currently(not consistently).

The new IB provides 20% reduction over 6 secs. So a boss doing 1k dps, say a table flip and two reg attacks for 6k you will mitigate only 1200 damage. Add in the reduced heal for about 500 and you get 1700 damage mitigated. What makes this "buff" great is that is scales with content the warriors big problem currently vs a paladin. So if the boss does 1500dps your mitigation would be around 2300.
    I agree with everything you've said - basically it's fixing a core mechanic problem with Warrior - a mechanic problem less than obvious to some players who have overcome the problem by creating il70 accessories with better itemization than the standard Fending accessories; and have completed il90 weapons & gear sets - they insist Inner Beast is better "the way it is" without considering people still in lower tier gear or that future content will be more difficult/challenging.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Haeen Kazerith
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Yeah, they're hideous. But I don't have the tomes for myth legs and this is one of the only pieces of tank loot we've had drop. I might spend my next 825 on the Warrior's Breeches... but they are exactly the same STATS and 3 weeks of tomes for a cosmetic change seems... I think I'd rather have a second +1 relic.
    Ive yet to get anything from Coil during the month I was running it.
    We'd go to t4 and I wouldnt find anything

No Ring, no shield, no chest piece, no legs, nothing at all

=(
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast