Character
    Supply Demand
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 72

Astral Ring Melds

Hi Folks,

This may be covered somewhere else, but I am pretty lost as to what to do with this meld. I have full DL on my alt char BLM, with HQ Vanya hat and Vanya robe, both quad-melded with various Crit/Det/SS/Accur as permitted. I am going to get the Astral ring and meld it as much as I can, but I don't know quite what to do, it was pretty obvious with the body pieces.

Is there conventional wisdom here? I am in the camp of Crit>Det>SS>Accur
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aerikon Nyxx
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Actually, from what I've seen Vit is the primary meld on astral rings. Past that it is up to you, idk what the stat caps are off the top and of my head to give a specific meld setup (though I am pretty sure Vit caps at 9).

Edit: I looked it up and it looks like given the caps a good meld setup would be
    Vit4 (vit cap 9)
    SA3 (crit cap 12)
    SA3
    QT3/HA2 (SS cap 12/ acc cap 3/ det already capped)
    Vit1
    (2)
    Last edited by aerikon; 12-14-2013 at 01:32 AM.

Player
    Character
    Horaiyo Shirou
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I think my astral ring has 2x crit III 2x vit III 1x acc II.
    (0)

Character
    Kytre Ashaer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    I would meld:
    2 VIT 3s (much cheaper than a VIT4, but if you have the gil and want that extra point of VIT get a VIT4 and VIT1 instead)
    2 SA3s (Crit)
    1 QT3 (spell speed) or HE2 (Acc)

EDIT: my Astral Ring is for a healer, with 2 SA3s, 2 QT3s and a VIT3 (I'm also really poor), so going VIT4, 2 SA3s and 2 QT3s also isn't a bad choice if you have the gil (also factor in the fact you're likely to lose many materia melding those 4th and 5th slots; SA3 run 25K-30K on my server, QT3s around 20K...trying to finish melding my Rose Gold Earrings and wasting so much trying to get that last meld)
    (0)
    Last edited by PArcher; 12-14-2013 at 01:45 AM.

Player
    Character
    Pompey Dan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Is your sig actually a 717 jump ?? Lol
    (0)
    http://solitude.guildwork.com

Character
    Kytre Ashaer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by pompey_dan View Post
    Is your sig actually a 717 jump ?? Lol
    That was from when I had 3-4 pieces of i90 and had weakness on (as you can see). My Jump goes over 1100 now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zelia Sarrasin
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Only meld VIT if you need it, otherwise meld PIE.

Max the crit and ACC.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Supply Demand
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 72
    Right now I kinda need vit on BLM, lol - rockin' i55 weap until I get titan with 3191hp out of party. PIE is tempting though as I'm sure it gives you some goof room on the rotation.

So probably Vit3, Vit3, SA3, SA3, QT3 is going to be my most realistic option.

Thank you everybody! I probably wouldn't have come to that conclusion on my own, lol!
    (0)

Character
    Kytre Ashaer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehayte View Post
    Right now I kinda need vit on BLM, lol - rockin' i55 weap until I get titan with 3191hp out of party. PIE is tempting though as I'm sure it gives you some goof room on the rotation.

So probably Vit3, Vit3, SA3, SA3, QT3 is going to be my most realistic option.

Thank you everybody! I probably wouldn't have come to that conclusion on my own, lol!
    Meld the SA3 first lol. Guaranteed success and a high chance at success for the materia that costs the most (at least on my server). I would personally meld the VIT3 last, since they're the cheapest (again, on my server...if VIT3 are the most expensive meld them first lol)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pompey Dan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by PArcher View Post
    That was from when I had 3-4 pieces of i90 and had weakness on (as you can see). My Jump goes over 1100 now.
    Apologies 1100 is ok for Jump, usually 1050 - 1150 is decent if using life surge with jump? For some strange reason

On topic on my alt with full crafted Mage acc. I think it's important to get vit iv in 1st and put another vit I on the end for 9 vit, yes it's only 1vit for a meld slot but the only reason u will be using crafted accessories for any period of time is for the vit increase, so why not maximise it.

I only speak from experience of my alt whm clearing twintania in full dl and crafted acc to make up for the hp. Unfortunately whm doesn't have a gear requirement like the dps assuming a decent tank as long as the hp requirement are met, 4.2k in my groups case
    (0)
    Last edited by pompey_dan; 12-14-2013 at 02:38 AM.
    http://solitude.guildwork.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast