Player
    Character
    Sirocco Occoris
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90

Coil T2 rage mode...

So today I joined a group to do Coil T2. I was really surprised and a bit shocked when I saw the 1-4-3 formation (1 WAR tank, 4 DDs with 2 BRD/1 DRG/1 BLM, 2 WHMs and 1 SCH), 1 of the healers even has only Ifrit cane and AK gear. I asked myself: How the fuck are we gonna do this?
    However I stayed anyway since it is Sunday already and I got no choice. The leader explained to me that we are doing rage mode: "We'll kill the trash nodes as usual, but then we wait until 1 click, charge in, get 2 silence, and manage to get as close as the rot phase before 0 click. We don't want to reach the rot phase, just get close to 75%, if we get there before 0 click then stop DPSing until 0 click. When it reaches 0 click, there will be no more abilities, just AoE over and over again, healers will spam Medica and DD just DPS like there is no tomorrow. BRDs will keep both of your Ballad up".
    I was skeptical at first, but somehow it... actually worked, we downed the ADS on 2nd try...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sirocco Occoris
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I think to myself, if this way of doing T2 will become a new trend? No more rot pain in the ass, no laser, no pac-man, no void, no need of voice communication, no Blunt Arrow. It might be more intense, but it is easier, and also some find it not so really intense... Healers just need to spam Medica, DDs just need to do their normal rotations, tank just needs to get to DPS mode. Heck, no need to be really well-geared either... Supposed doing this way with 3 "Relic+1/AF2/Allagan 11 pieces" healers, it would even be easier...
    Any of you have done this before?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gothikk Spartacus
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    It will probably be patched, especially since people like you blow the whistle on it and post all over the forums for the wrong people to see.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Nep Nep
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Did the tank still get stacks after 0 click?
    (0)

Player

Yes Sirocco I did this with my fc last night with 1 PLD/1 DRG/1 BRD/1 SMN/1 MNK/2 WHM/1 SCH and it worked like a CHARM. It went well with 2 healers instead of one? As a sch all I had to do was keep sacred soil and succor up and toss a virus here and there I didn't even need to aoe as hard as I did since the aoe damage is not so intense.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alise Reinhart
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    So it is a bug that make everything stop after 0 click?
    (0)
    Last edited by Alise; 12-09-2013 at 03:21 PM.

FFXIV : ARR all instance boss gameplay video can be found here..
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Arikameow/videos?shelf_index=0&sort=dd&view=0

Character
    Em Six
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alise View Post
    I don't understand... normally you will all wipe due to 0 click bomb right? but it doesn't bomb? so it is simply a bug?
    0 clicks isn't a bomb, ADS just starts doing Super Tumults. Kinda like Turn 4s rage timer except a little stronger.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lyrre Myste
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alise View Post
    I don't understand... normally you will all wipe due to 0 click bomb right? but it doesn't bomb? so it is simply a bug?
    no explosions, just the ADS has enrage timer that causes it to go to the middle of the room, and hit the entire room with an AOE that hits for 1.5k every second or so.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shurelia Chan
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Should have just made the enrage timer AoE do 5k dmg per pulse rather than whatever it currently is. Wouldn't be surprised if SE decided to patch this eventually.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evy Rain
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Definitely not working as intended, you should report this as an exploit.
    (1)
    Evy Rain from Phoenix

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast