Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP in ff14

Realm vs Realm ... and its comin also. Jeez, clueless people

Who looks for pvp ina FF game anyway?
    My whole free company is a PvP centered one and we came on FF because of what was announced PvP wise back in the beta era.
    (4)
    Last edited by Sygmaelle; 12-06-2013 at 06:38 AM.

Player
    Character
    Wyvern Heart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by StrejdaTom View Post
    I think that no one bought this game for PVP but if they are going to add PVP they should do it properly. You cant argument that we have no right to criticise it because this is PVE game. This game has serious problems which will probably ruin PVP? Fine, dont add it to game then.

In my opinion No PVP >>> Poorly working PVP, but yeah, maybe they will surprise me and in Wolves Den there will be no animation, delay etc. issues.
    I did... I bought this game on good faith that it will top ballista and keep me playing just like ffxi did.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Semir No'haelis
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonlinear314 View Post
    Yes, I do. You don't have to go across a room, two steps into a doorway or behind a column will suffice. The point is that it can be done, i.e. you can cast a spell behind an obstacle to avoid LoS while casting self targeted aoe.
    How about we use a realistic scenario?

No PvP'er with any self respect would ever position him/herself in a spot where the only option is to take damage. Seriously, do you think standing out of LoS around a corner/pillar within casting range is a good idea when you have no way of initiating?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wyvern Heart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by FinagleABagel View Post
    How about we use a realistic scenario?

No PvP'er with any self respect would ever position him/herself in a spot where the only option is to take damage. Seriously, do you think standing out of LoS around a corner/pillar within casting range is a good idea when you have no way of initiating?
    Well said! You can't be a p PvP player if you think people not going to be in your face fast. And if we see Simone casting something like that you can move away/silence/stun. It might work once but not on the aware player. I just want my name and that full zone for PvP that "large scale" (castle takingk?) Is bringing.

Wouldn't mind seeing ballista return.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jeremy Dale
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernheart View Post

Wouldn't mind seeing ballista return.
    Ballista was fun. I've played all kinds of PvP games from WoW, Aion, SWTOR, Guild Wars2 ect. and I had more fun in ballista than in any of those games I mention.

As a Black Mage though, I don't think I will like PvP on this game. My good spells have lengthy cast times and all anyone would have to do is run circles around me while beating me into a pulp since LoS is so finicky on this game. Sounds about as much fun as going to the dentist. So unless they get rid of LoS think I'll pass on PvP.
    (1)

Character
    Saviour Divinemight
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    As a Black Mage though, I don't think I will like PvP on this game. My good spells have lengthy cast times and all anyone would have to do is run circles around me while beating me into a pulp since LoS is so finicky on this game. Sounds about as much fun as going to the dentist. So unless they get rid of LoS think I'll pass on PvP.
    This is a team battle. The idea is the co-operation between jobs. If you have a Bard shadowbind your target, you will have no problem landing your spell. You also can sleep your target before starting your nuke.

Currently, there is a good example of design failure that gives every single class/spec CC ability. WoW is currently having issue with too many instant CCs
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jeremy Dale
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinemight View Post
    This is a team battle. The idea is the co-operation between jobs. . You also can sleep your target before starting your nuke.

WoW is currently having issue with too many instant CCs
    Sleep also has a cast time. If the target is running circles around me while pummeling me to death (which they could do very easy) I highly doubt I could sleep them since the LoS on this game is so insanely picky.

I don't mind cooperation. But total dependence on another class just so I can land the vast majority of my spells is another matter.

I don't like CC moves in PvP. Especially if they allow you to be attacked while you cannot move. So that was the last thing I was asking for. I loathed all of the CC on WoW. But I also hate an over abundance of LoS mechanics like pillar humping or having some melee constantly dance around me so I can't hit them with anything. That is just as annoying.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Edge Faire
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    I'm just gonna jump in, get that lion set for vanity purposes, and never do it again. /shrug PvP always brings out the worst in people.
    (1)

Character
    Saviour Divinemight
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    Sleep also has a cast time. If the target is running circles around me while pummeling me to death (which they could do very easy) I highly doubt I could sleep them since the LoS on this game is so insanely picky.
    This is why there is tank role with provoke mechanic working in PvP.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lady Zola
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I obviously will try PVP and I am sure I will have tons of fun with it. However, it is not what brought me to this game
    (1)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast