Player
    Character
    Gorgeous George
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi_Draven View Post
    Lol, I'm pretty sure that Wolves' Den counts as PvP. I mean it's Players...fighting...yep, you guessed it - other Players.

Actually I'm quite looking forward to it. I hear it's going to have 30 Ranks to go up in, and also special abilities that are purchased with PvP Points.

Now the only question is whether or not it'll have a tournament system and/or seasons.
    There are actually other, way more critical questions regarding PvP in ARR, like how will the inherently "laggy" client-server system translate to manic PvP button mashing?

Instant Ability Eaten

He spammed Foresight after using Flash but didn't get the buff. The Foresight animation went off, the CD was triggered but no Foresight buff. How is this going to translate to manic PvP button mashing? My guess is there is going to be a lot of frustration and rage, especially on long, important CDs like Hallowed Ground.
    (2)

Character
    Kytre Ashaer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Honestly, if I want open-world gank-based PvP I'll go play EVE again...

I prefer organized, instanced PvP
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gorgeous George
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by FinagleABagel View Post
    Do you even read what you type? You can't slide cast that hard in this game due to server side process. Yes, you can get the ANIMATION phased significantly. Yet the actual damage radius will be behind you. I like slidecasting my BLM Blizzard II, but you can't significantly move the AoE location.

You make it sound like you can run darn near across a room while slidecasting an AoE. Ummm, no.
    Yes, I do. You don't have to go across a room, two steps into a doorway or behind a column will suffice. The point is that it can be done, i.e. you can cast a spell behind an obstacle to avoid LoS while casting self targeted aoe.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dream Weaver
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    You guys responding to this in any serious nature (aside from dae, whos got a valid suggestion, i'm open to seeing any of you in Blaz, or any other fighter) are making yourself look silly, OP is troll post, even if poorly done. systems not even out yet, and for you to judge something before it comes into existence, especially when you damn it before conception, is ignorant, and the latter of the two is called abortion... just sayin
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gorgeous George
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Daenerys_Sedai View Post
    not to troll or qq or anything like that, but for those so upset by the yet-to-be-implemented-pvp*-system in FFXIV, why not just jump to a fighting game? You lose out on the group aspect etc., but the genre seems to have all the aspects you guys are looking for in PvP.
    Most people don't want real, balanced, competitive PvP they want to tag along on farming runs and roflstomp unequipped noobs with time-is-all-that-is-needed welfare weapons and raiding cast-offs.
    (1)

Character
    Tiggy Te'al
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 53
    Just because it isn't your perfect version of pvp doesn't change the fact that this is blatantly "Player Versus Player" content. So cynical.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zok Kairgon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Didnt Yoshi said there'll be HIGH speed or latency somethign to make it smooth in only wolf den and other certain area but not all zone? I need find where that post was...

Also, this is why it worried me about solo que due to 1 tank 1 healer 2 dps que, It'll even be worse than Duty finder for Dungeon. Due to how much crowd of Final Fantasy player hating PVP... Premade que should be fine though (Hopefully)
    (1)
    Only those who try will become.

Player
    Character
    Malachi Draven
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonlinear314 View Post
    There are actually other, way more critical questions regarding PvP in ARR, like how will the inherently "laggy" client-server system translate to manic PvP button mashing?

Instant Ability Eaten

He spammed Foresight after using Flash but didn't get the buff. The Foresight animation went off, the CD was triggered but no Foresight buff. How is this going to translate to manic PvP button mashing? My guess is there is going to be a lot of frustration and rage, especially on long, important CDs like Hallowed Ground.
    Yeah I know that's a big problem. SE has said that in 2.1, certain areas such as Raids and Wolves' Den battles will be optimized and have increased performance as far as latency goes. Not sure if it'll be a good enough solution, but we'll just have to wait and see. I'm just happy they actually acknowledged it's a problem.
    (1)
    www.RadioXIV.com

Tune In: Winamp | iTunes | Windows Media Player | RealPlayer | QuickTime | Android | iPhone

Player
    Character
    Laifon Covey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 52
    I think most people think the pvp will fail, because there is no skill required.. - button smashing and GCD.. lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wyvern Heart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyZola View Post
    Why do you tell lies?

PVP is one thing, the fact that you don't like pvp in this game is a different matter.

Who looks for pvp ina FF game anyway?
    I do. I happen to love ballista and was waiting for ffxiv to bring back the final fantasy PvP. Thanks Yoshi.
    (0)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast