Player
    Character
    Jaidyn Sinclaire
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60

So I have been thinking

I have played this game since beta 3 and fell in love with it. And have been playing ever since. Along the way I have met some really cool people and made some great friends, and they are why I now continue to play this game. They are my core, people I know I can count on and turn to for help when I need it.

I will be the first to say, I am not the best and the only class i am even remotely good at is WHM, mainly because i played it since launch and its the one i am more comfortable with. I have decided to level a few other classes i started to feel were fun to play (SMN and PLD) and decided to play them more to get them geared up

I am a nice person, I created an FC with some friends because we all felt like outcasts in out former FC or they had just simply fell apart and i knew that eventually we would need to start inviting others into out FC to have a better player base and for the most part I have found people that fit in with us great. But most are new players and arent 50 so we don't have core group to run endgame content with aside from the 4 man instances.

The more i am interacting with the MMO mentality of this game, the more it saddens me that a fresh 50, or someone that is a new 50 on a different class gets trolled, berated and kicked from groups because they are trying to learn content. I have cued for the Mog King, and Ultima on my SMN and was told by several people in each group, to leave. DF was no longer the place to learn content that i need to use party finder. I admit when i mess up, but 98% of the time, i learn from it, and succeed. I watch videos to learn the content before i even que, but you truly don't learn anything til you are in it, doing it and seeing it first hand

I have played the FF series since the 1, and it has always been based on community. People helping people out. This game has sadly been taken over by the MMO mentality and now makes it hard for the new players that are joining to enjoy it the way i did when i started.
    (10)
    How I see the new abilities:
    Asylum - Get ready for my holy spam because that's the only healing you gonna get.
    Aero III - I guess I should put some dots up before holy spamming.
    Assize - I need more MP to spam holy even more, also stop getting hit in the face.
    Tetragrammaton - I guess I should heal that tank now.
    Stone III - There's less than 3 mobs left alive. - Ragns Meuhie

Player
    Character
    Kai Faelan
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Those people have it backwards; Party Finder is for people who want experienced parties. DF is for random parties. You can't police a random system and expect it to pair you up with experienced and heavily geared players every single time. Especially for content that's still BRAND SPANKIN' NEW like Mog King and Ultima.

Pre-made if you want experienced. DF if you don't care who you party with. People need to learn it stop abusing others because they are too lazy to make a pre-made.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Lumei Asuran
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Most of these people will leave the game soon anyway since they'll chew through content, get bored and unsub. When 2.1 hit most servers got an influx of ppl who quit less than a month after the game came out because they were "2leet4u." They'll go away again soon, and you can continue on.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Antares Valor
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I feel that most MMO's in the end tend to go towards efficiency above all else. DPS counters and routine's, all to get the max out of you. Where's the fun in all that exactly? It's lost in people's need to get the most out of their time and potential. Speed runs are the first step and as the game progresses in end game, the content and people become less forgiving. It's just a game and people need to realize this isn't a hardcore MMO and was designed to be new user friendly. The community not so much.

We are not robots and will make mistakes. Try and flex your social skills and communicate with people instead of acting like a child and throwing a tantrum.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Liadan Summerfield
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezur_Undies View Post
    I have played the FF series since the 1, and it has always been based on community. People helping people out. This game has sadly been taken over by the MMO mentality and now makes it hard for the new players that are joining to enjoy it the way i did when i started.
    :-\

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm saying it as nicely as I can, but... Considering some of the posts I've seen you make on the realm forums (and these forums in general), I'm really, really surprised to see this coming from you.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aaron Tee
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Yeah man. People are stupid Thats just how it is.

I lost a group of Officers from my FC because I enjoy helping people.
    Instead of communicating their thoughts and taking more action,
    they chose to all leave and rage out on me when I had done nothing wrong.
    The real funny thing is, it was all over a Titan HM, and someone who already had
    their relic didn't get an invite. I wasn't even sending out invites!
    The officer who formed the group left with them and they all have some
    strange awkard grudge against me for no reason and started their own company and
    mock me in game constantly.

I tanked several things for them and helped them get geared along with tons of other people
    just to have them turn into a bunch of douchey elitists who don't like helping newer players.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Lumoria Minahgo
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    I have done my fair share of DF and I also progressed all the Extreme Primals via Party Finder up to this point and can say that most people only get upset if you do the same mistake twice or fail to do things which are common sense. I messed up a ton of stuff in my Primal Extreme runs with strangers. For example i got knocked of at Titan Extreme because I didn't even know I have a skill called Tempered Will since it never had any use up to this fight. I also provoked a nail instead of Ifrit on the tank switch in the 3rd nail phase and ruined a sure kill. Nobody was upset and we actually laughed it off and just did it again. However i did see a lot of people get kicked for not being able to dodge plums, got charged by Ifrit every single time or repeatedly killed the prickly plum at Garuda with AoE. All i can say is that the "elitist" community is alot more forgiving than people are giving them credit for as long as you aren't brain dead.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jaidyn Sinclaire
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by LiadansWhisper View Post
    :-\

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm saying it as nicely as I can, but... Considering some of the posts I've seen you make on the realm forums (and these forums in general), I'm really, really surprised to see this coming from you.
    Now i am confused. If you are refering to the post i made about an former member of my FC raging on someone in DF for winning a roll, then me, and then not replacing things he took from the FC chest before he left? I felt other FC on the server needed to know what type of person they were. I mentioned no names, he outted himself and admitted it in the forums.

I have never been out right rude to people. I have never berated people for wanting to learn content. Maybe some of the stuff i have said wasn't coated in rainbows and sparkles and butterflies, but it was not malicious in any way. I have always made it a point to help people out here. Whether it is not what some want to hear, its not my place to sugar coat anything, but you can ask people i game with, I do what ever it takes to help out the community. Even so far as creating a toon on another server to give advice to a player when SE decided that i have replied to enough forum posts. What i post is my opinion and nothing more. For what its worth people can take it or leave it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Seezur_Undies; 12-25-2013 at 05:49 PM.
    How I see the new abilities:
    Asylum - Get ready for my holy spam because that's the only healing you gonna get.
    Aero III - I guess I should put some dots up before holy spamming.
    Assize - I need more MP to spam holy even more, also stop getting hit in the face.
    Tetragrammaton - I guess I should heal that tank now.
    Stone III - There's less than 3 mobs left alive. - Ragns Meuhie

Player
    Character
    Biuma Arvinda
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Elitism always sucks, which is why I automatically gravitated towards a casual FC and strike up new friendships with people who I see doing non-hardcore things like climbing onto tall buildings or having funny pseudo-roleplay conversations.

The DF should be still for practice, IMHO. I know for one that whenever I use the Roulette system for low-level dungeons now, there's usually a newbie who will need to learn boss fights and make mistakes, and I'm generally patient and try to explain mechanics or tell them not to stress out over failing the first time or whatnot. I hate the douchebags who then start acting in a condescending fashion or trying to rush everybody through the duty, they set very bad examples.

If I want anything like superfocused speedruns and such, I set those up via Party Finder, LS or FC chats and get a full group instead of just going through the DF. Going into the DF means you should make no assumptions about the people in it and expect new players or at least people new to that specific duty, and behave accordingly. And maybe respectfully (as if that was a lot to ask. *eyeroll*)
    (4)
    Last edited by Moirear; 12-25-2013 at 05:51 PM.

10. 12-25-2013 05:53 PM

Player
    Character
    Liadan Summerfield
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash20 View Post
    Not sure if you are using party finder or shout parties...but... Balmung is notorious for having the games worst/most unfriendly players.

If you or anyone is tired of your shit server...I suggest Hyperion! We have everything...Uber FCs that clear content the day it's released...we have total newbs...and mostly we have players that enjoy helping each other.
    Everyone on this server has been incredibly nice to me, outside of a very few rude people. But every server has rude people.
    (5)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast