Character
    Seijuro Hiko
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Boa-Noah View Post
    So let me get this straight...

Say CT comes with 5 floors like the 5 turns in Coil, does that mean you'll only get loot from the very last boss on the 5th floor?

Isn't that a disproportional investment? I can't imagine clearing all 5 floors will be a 30 minute run unless there's a serious lack of content and challenge, in which case it's not going to even be fun to clear it all when you have a chance of not getting the gear you want. So what's the point of that? Waste an hour+ for a single piece of mostly cosmetic loot and then log out for the week? I can't imagine that will ever be a selling point for any player ever.
    disproportional investment? compared to stupid fastfoodmmo ( myth gear is fastfoodmmo gear, with a stupid lockout) maybe but no i dont think playing 1hr for one piece of gear for someone in your pt (8 for yours) is a disproportional investment.

if when you play a game and get no loot you feel like you only wasted your time IMO you should'nt play i

"Hey did you hear about Crystal Tower? It's a 5 floor dungeon that drops 1 piece of cosmetic loot per week, wanna play FFXIV now? No? Oh..."

I sincerely hope it's not 1 piece of loot at the very end of the entire thing, that will kill it for me, I love how it looks but either it's going to get boring really fast or something will have to change.
    because what define a game is only loots? then why bother creating dungeons, monster, just create empty dungeons with a coffer.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanabira View Post
    Not sure why there is crying about CT.. people cry about how it takes 2-3 weeks to get a myth item.. then they raise the cap so you can get gear in 1-2 weeks. Then there is coil where you may get a piece of gear per week... and now CT where you are pretty much guaranteed a piece of gear a week.. so really at 2.1 we can get 3+ high level pieces per week instead of maybe one every other week. I dont think the complaints will stop until people can get capped max ilvl gear for every job in the span of a week.. but then they would cry that there is nothing to do. where does it end?
    It doesn't

Maybe I shouldn't of translated this stuff and just wait till patch notes ><
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Thunderz Canadia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Cap Myth on Monday
    Crystal tower on Tuesday right b4 coil then Turn 1-5

GG

This patch is real bad
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Kaeren Rhys
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupsi View Post
    The funny thing is people cheered that you could spam CT lol.
    The funny thing is that people cried about the character lockout on Coil and asked for a loot lockout to be able to help friends, and now that they have what they asked for, they cry again.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Boo Hiss
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Isn't CT supposed to drop tomestones too? And besides, you are looting one time a week between 24 people, not 8 or 4.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Boohiss View Post
    Isn't CT supposed to drop tomestones too? And besides, you are looting one time a week between 24 people, not 8 or 4.
    It's between your own 8 player PT within the alliance. Each PT will have a chest that can only be seen and opened/looted by that PT.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Bonuille Larouchette
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hik0 View Post
    disproportional investment? compared to stupid fastfoodmmo ( myth gear is fastfoodmmo gear, with a stupid lockout) maybe but no i dont think playing 1hr for one piece of gear for someone in your pt (8 for yours) is a disproportional investment.
    It's not a waste to get 1 piece of gear for an hour+ investment, it is however a waste if that isn't a single hour, your gear doesn't drop, and that's the only piece of loot you can get all week.

Plus once you get your single loot item you have no reason to keep running it except for helping your FC.

A week is a long time between singular bits of loot, and if the drops are disproportional (like every run is mostly Dragoon gear) you'll have to keep running it from bottom to top to get your gear, plenty enough time to get sick and tired of it.

I sincerely hope it's a single piece of gear per floor/area.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Thunderz Canadia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I can get more gear from coil per lock out than CT

this is so dumb

SE rly
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Hanabira Asashi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinheart View Post
    It doesn't

Maybe I shouldn't of translated this stuff and just wait till patch notes ><
    Na dont say that, you are the only visibility we have into whatever they are planning. Its just the community that is infuriating.. they cry and cry until they get what they want, then they are given what they want and the same people cry about that.

The same people who cry that there is nothing to do are the same people who want no myth caps and no lockouts to finish stuff quickly.
    The same people who claim not to care about end game for the gear, cry that the amount of gear you get is limited.
    The same people why cry that they dont have much time to play, cry that the amount of gear you get is limited.
    The same people who said that they would be PERFECTLY okay with coil locking you out of gear, but letting you do it for fun... are crying when crystal tower is exactly what they asked for.

There is absolutely nothing SE can do to satisfy people, especially when the same people themselves dont know what they want. rabble rabble rabble

like someone pointed out, even if you dont do it for gear, you can still use it as an option for myths instead of spamming wp (although wp will still be faster)
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Seijuro Hiko
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderz View Post
    I can get more gear from coil per lock out than CT

this is so dumb

SE rly
    while this is true you can also spend X week in Coil without a single item, and your team in a whole won't get more item from Coil than CT

Quote Originally Posted by KerenRhys View Post
    The funny thing is that people cried about the character lockout on Coil and asked for a loot lockout to be able to help friends, and now that they have what they asked for, they cry again.
    The funny thing is that people cried about the character lockout on Coil and asked for a loot lockout to be able to help friends, and now that they have what they asked for, they cry again

THE FUNNY THING IS THAT PEOPLE CRIED ABOUT THE CHARACTER LOCKOUT ON COIL AND ASKED FOR A LOOT LOCKOUT TO BE ABLE TO HELP FRIENDS, AND NOW THAT THEY HAVE WHAT THEY ASKED FOR, THEY CRY AGAIN
    (5)
    Last edited by Hik0; 12-05-2013 at 08:23 AM.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast