Player
    Character
    Leyna Crosse
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

Tanks que-ing and withdrawing over and over in DF

So, I've been seeing this a lot more lately, but I just watched my husband sit in a queue as DPS for AK and WP. As usual a tank finally queues up, then withdraws, then queues up again, then withdraws. Rinse repeat this process 20+ times until my husband gave up and withdrew himself and requeued as DPS again for another 30+ minute wait. Can't something be done about people queueing and withdrawing over and over like this? It's annoying to wait 30-40 mins only to be trolled by players like this, especially if u sit in queue for 30mins or more at a time.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Viva Diva
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    I usually have to wait it the timer before a dps withdraws.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Womble O'flaherty
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I do that occasionally too whenever one of my FC mates has had a tank ragequit on them midway through a run and I'm trying to join their instance to help out. Unfortunately it's pretty standard for Tanks to have no queue waits, and a few of them will spam the join button trying to find one of those elusive "already 75% of the way through the dungeon" parties (in order to decrease time spent tome farming...)

Only thing I can suggest is that they put a "ONLY JOIN PARTIES IN PROGRESS" check option in.
    That'd weed out most of the misfits.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Magitek Automaton
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Keep in mind that a lot of it is your perception. It isn't like you are getting one tank continually withdrawing on you; 10 tanks can withdraw from the queue, but from your perspective you just got dumped 10 times in a row even though each of them individually only did it once. Not sure how you would police something like that without doing harm to all the people who aren't abusing the system. They could put in a "no more than 3 withdraws within x seconds" rule, but your husband could still see 20 tank withdraws in a row from 20 different tanks. So....
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ritz Blitz
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    This topic has been discussed before: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...19#post1529519

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

The development team is aware of the fact that there are some players who will constantly withdraw when you are being matched with players via the Duty Finder. They plan on implementing countermeasures for this to decrease the frequency in which this happens; however, they will not be able to address this right away as there are other wrapped up with other high priority tasks. On another note regarding this, we do not plan on giving penalties to these players who withdraw when you are getting ready to commence due to the fact that there is a possibility that players who do not have malicious intent could be penalized.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Silver Healer
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    they aren't trolling you , they are trying to get a run in progress .
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mythic Rose
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespar View Post
    It's annoying to wait 30-40 mins only to be trolled by players like this, especially if u sit in queue for 30mins or more at a time.
    As a tank, I've witnessed the same behavior by healers. As Maelwys said, the join party in progress should only match that player to a dungeon in progress so there's no "trolling" those queued up for a fresh run. It's getting old seeing the community blame tanks for all poor DF behavior. While some tanks do draw/withdraw fishing for nearly completed dungeons, healers can (and do) it as often. Dps would too, if they didn't have large queue times.
    (1)
    Last edited by mythicrose; 12-12-2013 at 04:51 AM.

Player
    Character
    Hazel Meade
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 51
    Ugg I hate the people who join in progress and then leave when they see you are only just past the first boss. There are people I know that leave if the in-progress run they pop into isn't past the 2nd boss in WP. I hope they find a way sooner rather than later to stop this behavior.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ritz Blitz
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyretta_Blaze View Post
    Ugg I hate the people who join in progress and then leave when they see you are only just past the first boss. There are people I know that leave if the in-progress run they pop into isn't past the 2nd boss in WP. I hope they find a way sooner rather than later to stop this behavior.
    LOL you can already see 0/3 1/3 2/3 or however many bosses are beat when you queue in progress. I queue in progress when I'm solo and just wanting some myth/philos. I accept whatever I get but do enjoy when I get 1/3 or 2/3 and get a run done in a shorter amount of time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hazel Meade
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by xRitzx View Post
    LOL you can already see 0/3 1/3 2/3 or however many bosses are beat when you queue in progress. I queue in progress when I'm solo and just wanting some myth/philos. I accept whatever I get but do enjoy when I get 1/3 or 2/3 and get a run done in a shorter amount of time.
    Oh I certainly enjoy popping into a run close to the end but I view it as a bonus but I don't bail on a run just because it is going to take me 10 minutes longer.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast