Player
    Character
    Cesil Rapture
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by paradigmfellow View Post
    Obviously someone did not play Final Fantasy I-III. They are paying homage to those games and I love how they all look.
    Oh I played it..but I don't remember the characters appearance changing with gear o.O I remember they just had AF on...am I remembering wrong? ><
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Trance Paradinefellow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll View Post
    Oh I played it..but I don't remember the characters appearance changing with gear o.O I remember they just had AF on...am I remembering wrong? ><

The appearance would change but not all of them are had the same AF gear as in here. In Final Fantasy 3 everyone starts off as an onion knight (the Dragon gear in this case). The DS version has them as freelancers. In both version you can change them to whatever job you wanted them to specialize. You could only display so much clothing detail with the NES version and the same goes to the DS version. For example, the SMN has all green clothing, including the horn. I love how this gear look. I find it to be a spot on interpretation, had they had this technology back in the day. The gears are reminiscing of my youth and I find it pleasing to see them like this when I could have only imagined what it could have looked like in real life. The tank gear is from the warrior of light from Final Fantasy 1.
    (0)
    Last edited by paradigmfellow; 12-09-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Player
    Character
    Leyna Crosse
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Let me rephrase some of my original post. The gear may look ugly to me (save MNK), but that is not the whole reason why I dislike it. It is the fact that this gear is from Crystal Tower, a high level dungeon. Shouldn't it look more ...epic or stylish? I feel like the level 15 dungeon gear looks so much cooler, than the CT gear. But, keep in mind, this is only my opinion and I was not basing my opinion on the gear's potential stats, only on its looks...

Apparently, there are many of you who feel the same way as I do, but it is also interesting to note how many of you like the gear and its nostalgic representation of FF1-3's designs.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Altaia Ryael
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hysterior View Post
    Dragon is the blue one

-snip-
    Sigh. That's the set that appealed the least to me. Well, maybe it'll look nicer on females; will have to wait and see. Kudos for the images, anyhow. C:
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Puro Strider
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Lv 0
    I'd like to meet these outfit designers in person. Seems like they're trolling us for shit and giggles...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kitten Star
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    As a fan of JRPGs with really elaborate armor, I love all of these.
    I'm really excited to collect the healer set for vanity purposes! It's really pretty.

Again, though, it's all a matter of opinion.
    I really dislike the BLM and WAR AF, but a lot of my friends like them, so. xP
    I personally think the equipment designers did a good job with the CT sets.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ainslie Tinley
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespar View Post
    Shouldn't it look more ...epic or stylish? I feel like the level 15 dungeon gear looks so much cooler, than the CT gear.
    I don't know, I still feel like the better looking gear in the game is the sets from first three dungeons and Bray...that should say a lot. I don't know how design works, really, but it seems to me the further they go the blander gear looks...
    Of these new sets I like Monk one (but Monk is also the only AF I really like)...caster one is nice but looks too much like a bad/less detailed battlemage replica (come on, hat is identical) and I would have liked more difference between dps and healer then dye. Dragoon one is nice but nothing special and..I think the other two are good for carnival. But just my opinion. Let's hope for next sets maybe?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hidden Dragon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespar View Post
    Yeah the WHM and the BLM one are the same thing too. I was expecting Crystal Tower gear to be cooler since we've been waiting for it for so long.... but this looks like they rushed the majority and only one or two designs looked good. Can we have some more gear distinction besides a color change for gear?
    it's the same with coil and darklight gear, i'm not sure why people are expecting any different

i actually like the gear... except for the caster hat, i can't believe they copypasted the battlemage hat
    (0)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast