Player
    Character
    Skyfang Rauss
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60

suggestion about shield swipe (pld)

please give shield swipe an enmity bonus increase, as well as removing it from the GCD.

I haven't used it AT ALL since I got it, quite frankly because without both a +enmity factor, and it being on the GCD, its fucking worthless

please fix
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vespereaux Vaillantes
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I too would love shield swipe to be made a more useful and viable ability, especially since it is proc based.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Paikis Pryslack
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 73
    If it's going to be OGC, then it needs a cooldown as well. Based on potency and comparisons with Spirits Within it would probably be 25-30 seconds.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vespereaux Vaillantes
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    If it's going to be OGC, then it needs a cooldown as well. Based on potency and comparisons with Spirits Within it would probably be 25-30 seconds.
    I don't think that it being compared to something like Spirits is a fair comparison since it is only useable after you have blocked an attack.
    A short cooldown like 5 seconds so that it is not spammed and going back to you regular combo rotation is better, yes. A long cooldown like 25-30 seconds, eh not so much.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Paikis Pryslack
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 73
    210 potency off the global cooldown, spammable every time you block is rediculous for a tank. If you want it off the global, it either needs a long cooldown or much lower potency.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Taneshima Popura
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Shield Swipe is fine as it is, its a buffer to prevent us from TP starving once our threat is stable. Putting it off GCD will cause happy triggers to go TP starved faster and put the distance between tank DPS even further between Warrior and Paladin.

You can opt to have enmity increase but it should not be a get out of jail free card which is not on a CD and cost so little. Cause Warriors have 2 enmity increase skill, giving a flexible 3 one to Paladin is going to rock the balance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gaust Euler
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    It's pretty miserable attack. It amounts to like a 0.0001% increase in DPS for most fights and the net gain in TP is irrelevant as PLDs have Flash which is worth triple the TP regeneration.

Just turning it into an OGCD ability is for the best. It doesn't require much work to implement and it makes PLD a little less boring.
    (0)
    Last edited by Garnatian; 11-27-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Player
    Character
    Traek Darksoul
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I agree that making it an OGCD ability would spicen up PLD. I don't think it needs an enmity bonus for this, just OGCD for extra things to do between 1 2 3. That is one thing I love about PLD, just waiting for that Spirit's and CoS to press. Give it an over CD (not as high as the others) so it can't be spammed, and it'd be a step in the right direction. Make it a function of Bulwark to lower that CD as well, for some fun time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pure Sin
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    I believe it was intended to be a TP throttler in that you don't burn as much TP when using it.

It should remain on the GCD to serve that purpose but it should also have its threat significantly increased so it is no longer a net threat loss.

Is this game-breaking? No. Are PLD fine without such a change? Yes. Would it be nice? Yes.

The devs have more important things to worry about than to adjust a class which is perfectly fine as is right now.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Posi Neuro
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 84
    I do like it for the minor DPS bump and significant TP recovery with Bulwark, but I agree that giving it an Enmity bonus would be quite welcome. I don't think there's any need to remove it from the GCD, especially since it doesn't break your combo.

As for Flash, you can't use it as often as you can use Shield Swipe (since you'd just run out of MP), it does no damage while still using a GCD, and in some fights that MP is better spent on Stoneskin. So it's definitely only sometimes an improvement over Shield Swipe.

As for giving PLD more off-GCD offensive abilities, I agree that one or two more would be quite welcome.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast