Character
    Dingding Ding
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Maqaqa View Post
    I dont, my melding has 12 parry on it.
    I dont know what is the "best" meld honestly... i was refering to an old post that suggested getting 9 parry and 12 crit.
    Your version sounds good, id take the det over the skill speed.

Check here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...zation-for-WAR.
    Dont pay attention to the "247 dex tier" thing because it has been debunked.
    Thank you for your reply, the information you put is very useful. I am working on a full geared WAR before 2.1

d(^O^)b
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Taneshima Popura
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    If you can't afford Melds, just stick with 4 + 4 + 2 Vit for the moment on all till you can afford Vit +8. That's what I did. That itself already puts it on par with Allagan Accessories. 247 Dex Tier comes naturally even if it is debunked if you equip full Gryphonskin, it is still an increase in Parry/Block Chance.

Best meld = Getting most stats for the least amount of gold.
    Hence why rings melded at 8 Vit, 9 Parry, 9 Crit, 6 Det, 2 Vit is the best but good luck doing 3x Tier 4 Materia overmelds. Assuming my server which inflation is dire, Vit 8 is 200k Parry 9 is 90k Crit 9 is 100k, 6 Det is 95k, Vit 2 is 3k. Base case scenario you need 2.7 million gil to "reliably" meld them. Whilst going 4 + 4 +2 Vit would only cost me 50k gil.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    M'aqaqa Qimi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by TaneshimaPopura View Post
    247 Dex Tier comes naturally even if it is debunked if you equip full Gryphonskin
    With full gryph i have 238 DEX. Nine points short on the (not so) magic number.
    Knowing that there isnt any "247 tier" means we dont have to allocate any of our points into dex to get there.
    The "free" DEX on griph gear is of course still very welcome... its free eHP!

Quote Originally Posted by TaneshimaPopura View Post
    8 Vit, 9 Parry, 9 Crit, 6 Det, 2 Vit is the best
    Agreed.
    But then again... it hurts to not have 12 parry on each piece :>
    (0)
    Last edited by Maqaqa; 11-29-2013 at 04:46 PM.

Player
    Character
    Taneshima Popura
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    @Maqaqa

You forget the 3% Stat buff on Dex when you have a Bard in group so you should have 245. Being a Sunseeker Miqo'te puts me right on the 247. You'd probably have to put 2 Dex in manual customization to get there. But I guess you'd like your STR and VIT more.

In totality it is 15 Parry difference on all 5. Hey I play Paladin too so yeah the suggested one will be more flexible. Since Parry has less value the more frequent you block. And as I always believe when survival is no longer an issue for tanks it is always back to pewpew~
    (0)

Player
    Character
    M'aqaqa Qimi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Good point on the BRD buff. Gonna check next time, i am Sunseeker too so i should already be at 247 DEX in party.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2