Player
    Character
    Magus Creed
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50

Acts of Charity

Went into Adder's Nest last night and targetted a character instead of talking to the Quartermaster. I saw that he was a level 23 Lancer but he had a level 14 weapon! I don't know why, but I changed to Carpenter, made a HQ Iron Guisarme, and gave him the spear.

He was really appreciative of the gesture and I felt pretty good helping out a fellow player for hardly any cost to myself.

Anyone else ever do this for random players?
    (9)

2. 11-22-2013 12:51 AM

Player
    Character
    Githiun Smallsword
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Yeah it's fun to do. Sometimes I'll run into a class getting their butts handed to them out in the fields so i'll switch over to my crafting classes and just make them a bunch of gear.

It costs me like 500 gil, big woop. But for them it's a huge difference. Acts of kindness go a long way. Karma, firm believer.

There's a really good movie about this sort of thing called "Pay It Forward" with Kevin Spacey, Haley Joe Osmon(i think), and....the love intrest of Hanks in Cast Away.
    It's about for every act of kindness someone does for you you have to pay it forward like three times and the amount of change you can create. Amazing movie, you should check it out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sivara Mahiloh
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I've been doing this for my LS/FC friends, but not for random people. I've been making HQ jewelry like crazy and mailing it to friends. I haven't really taken the time to check and see if any strangers need help, but I think I might have to start doing that now! Thanks for the inspiration.
    (1)
    Did you hear about the new study on dragons published by Ishgardian scholars? It was quite thorough, but peer reviews said it was Biast.

Player
    Character
    Yukio Rykhas
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I made a lvl 20 archer a helm and a vest while waiting for the Lightning fate because she was wearing a lvl 14 cloak with INT and MIND, and it also was in a very ugly green
    (0)
    "But at the end of the day, the lie isn’t what matters, it’s what you do after you tell it. If you work hard enough, you can make it true."

- Hope Estheim

Character
    Dashuto Moragan
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukio View Post
    and it also was in a very ugly green
    Can't have that happening! Deck them out in pumpkin instead!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gadzi Hajaz
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I love doing this. I go to low level zones and wave to characters if they interact with me and I see they are under geared I switch to goldsmith and make them something. I have made some really great friends in game that way and a few trading partners for crafts that I'm not levelling. I remember my struggle at low level to afford almost everything and my first jewellery purchase broke the bank. So if I can make a few items on the spot why not I usually have 5 stacks of silver ore on me anyway from mining levels so its not like it is costing me gil to make. Just my time and I am glad to give that to the lucky few for free. MagusCreed it is nice to see others do too.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Parry Lyndon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    As a lv40 weaver, I crafted lots of random items in random places...
    Once I saw a lv15 archer with a lv1 NQ body, so I stopped, changed to WVR, made a Cotton Tabard HQ, and when I looked for him he was gone... lol
    But, I often make HQ cotton gear for crafters and gatherers while I level up to 50 my Weaver, it's really nice ^^
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    It's maybe my cursed blessing I don't have more inventory. If I had stuff to make everything on the fly I'd never make any money.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lady Tragedy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Not too long ago I was standing around horizon or something dl blm relic just minding my own business, helping my gf do some questing/leve's i forget. A couple of players came up and started talking to us randomly. Forgive me I'm not fluent in french, so I decided to go outside of the box. I did some google translating, and they were saying they have been shouting and using duty finder so they can complete their first dungeon along the main story. They had apparently been waiting forever, I believe it was multiple days in real life they had been trying. I told them I would be happy to help since I am a mighty lvl 19 gladiator lol (had never tanked a dungeon at that point yet so I was already weary). I changed to Gla, n my gf to Whm n we helped them knock out the dungeon. I've never seen 2 ppl so happy in a long time! It felt really good that we made them so happy!! I have a special place in my heart for newbs anyways even though there was a language barrier we didn't let that stop a nice little group from having fun n making those folk's day in the process I hope by now they have reached 50 and are enjoying everything they can. I always enjoy helping so if you're on shiva feel free to whisper pm!!
    (2)
    Last edited by KrazyKupo; 11-23-2013 at 05:10 AM. Reason: chars

Player
    Character
    Aylaine Gray
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I offer free HQ crafing of lvl 1-20 items to people in middle/northern shroud when I can spare the time to do so. Usually bring a sack of materials to work with so I can provide as much as possible. I also try and give crafting tips to introduce more players into the activity itself.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast