Player
    Character
    Zlatan Tarrant
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70

Upgrades for PLD, should I focus on Parry?

Hello!

Presently, I am sitting at I93and DO NOT have access to T6+, but I am getting there.

I know that in 2.1 with "BiS" gear, ~600 was the number to shoot for with Parry.

With the current itemization it looks like the gear is more tuned for Crit and Det, but I could just be way off.

Anyway, I will be getting into T6 soon. Here is my current gear and food:

-Curtana Z, Weathered Noct Hoplon, Valor Coronet, Weathered Lorica, Valor Gauntlets, Hero's Belt of Fending, Valor Leggings, Heavy Allagan Flanchard, Allagan Choker of Fending, Weathered Noct Earrings (probably a bad choice ; , Hero's bracelets of Fending, Hero's ring of fending, Weathered Noct Ring. HQ Finger Sandwiches.

I know right off the bad that the earrings were probably a bad choice (I do plan on playing WAR, but...) Bracelets I can temporarily upgrade from T4, but other than that I really am confused on what to do .

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kizuna Astin
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Parry vs. DET/CRIT , is pretty much still up for debate.
    anyway you won't be optimizing your secondary stat any time soon as you priority of gearing should be, acc/iLV/Vit >> Parry/DET/CRIT.
    acc = iLV since, you just cant upgrade your armor if it drop you below acc requirement ><. (food usage exclude xP)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pacifica Auras
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Remn View Post
    Parry vs. DET/CRIT , is pretty much still up for debate.
    anyway you won't be optimizing your secondary stat any time soon as you priority of gearing should be, acc/iLV/Vit >> Parry/DET/CRIT.
    acc = iLV since, you just cant upgrade your armor if it drop you below acc requirement ><. (food usage exclude xP)
    I suggest, since you have no access to the Second Coil, to just up your ilvl with the pieces you feel are most important. Unless you are looking to gear another class with Soldiery, you should just get a full set of Noct, since it's the best you CAN get without a good Static. The secondary Stats won't ever add up to make you better at a lower ilvl as a tank. (Which was most of what my thread on Parry was about.) So just keep Accuracy for T6 in mind, and gear up from there.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zlatan Tarrant
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ZDamned View Post
    I suggest, since you have no access to the Second Coil, to just up your ilvl with the pieces you feel are most important. Unless you are looking to gear another class with Soldiery, you should just get a full set of Noct, since it's the best you CAN get without a good Static. The secondary Stats won't ever add up to make you better at a lower ilvl as a tank. (Which was most of what my thread on Parry was about.) So just keep Accuracy for T6 in mind, and gear up from there.
    thats what I thought would be the case. I was looking at the gear calculator and it looked like you couldn't get near the 600 parry without dropping your level or keeping i90 gear. I do plan on playing WAR. So the Crit will be good for that too. Im concerned though about the jewelry, as it has Skill Speed, which is after all Sh*t.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kizuna Astin
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    just FYI, I don't play WAR a lot, so if Zdamned or any vet WAR can confirm or correct me , that would be great. xD
    from what I heard, CRIT is not that good on WAR as you already have Internal release and Warth CRIT stack. from what my WAR friend told me you need some skill speed since that help you get your Wrath stack a bit faster. (he said there a breaking point for SS on war, or something along those line xP)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pacifica Auras
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Crit incrases your damage over time, it's always good, and for war it's equally good. Skill speed for tanks is fine, so long as you can shave something legitimate off your GCD. Don't look at the same way DPS classes do.
    each point of strength and Vitality is still going to be better than all the secondary stats you "lose" with the ilvl 100 gear. But in reality your gaining stats, just not in the exact places you are used to seeing them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zlatan Tarrant
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    yeah the DEF, STR, and VIT upgrades will all translate into more mitigation. Is accuracy 500 for T6?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pacifica Auras
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zlatan View Post
    yeah the DEF, STR, and VIT upgrades will all translate into more mitigation. Is accuracy 500 for T6?
    500 would be a good marker, I can't remember exactly though since I focused on the 510-515 number for T8-9.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zlatan Tarrant
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by ZDamned View Post
    500 would be a good marker, I can't remember exactly though since I focused on the 510-515 number for T8-9.
    thats good to know, thank you ^^
    (0)