Player
    Character
    Kitana Rass
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

macro help

i enjoy playing on the PS4 controller more than the mouse/kb so I have been working on some macros to lessen the need for switch layouts.
    i have found/made quite a few great ones that help out immensly.

my provoke macro doesn't seem to work as i intend it too.
    what i would like it to do is when i target something off of my main target, i would like it to switch to that target. right now the problem is i put the cursor on the target, i hit my macro, it does provoke, but then the followup attack is done to my primary target.
    i need it to set target, provoke, attack, or either provoke, set target, attack.
    the macro is as follows.

/macroicon "Provoke"
    /ac "Provoke"
    /ac "Rage of Halone"
    /ac "Shield Lob"
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zlatan Tarrant
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    when you target on the controller over to the other target, in my experience, you have to hit X to "lock" on to that target. Then you have to target back to your other target. The macro is reading it as do the first action (provoke) on the temporary target. The other 2 actions are being carried out on your main target because after the first action, the target is going back to that one.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kitana Rass
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    yeah i understand WHY its doing it. id just like to know how to fix it. id like it to (if possible) do the targeting in the macro. sometimes when i do it quick i forget to set the new target before i press the macro.
    something like "lock to selected" or something along those lines would be nice. if macros cant initiate a lock then ok. ill just be more careful.

so far the main ones i use are
    Circle of Scorn - Flash
    Flight or Fight - Fast Blade
    Fight or Flight - Bloodbath
    Sentinel - Hallowed Ground
    Rampart - Foresight
    Provoke - Rage of Halone - Shield Lob

This has cut down on the need to switch considerably. makes sure i am not missing abilities. ive thought about putting macros for all 4 basic attacks to put Shield Swipe into them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rextab; 04-25-2014 at 11:32 PM.

Player
    Character
    Zlatan Tarrant
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    that, I don't know how to do. I don't really use macros at all for this reason: on PS3, its just easier to target manually. SOrry I can't help you there ; ;
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kitana Rass
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    you should try. its so nice to be able to keep everything on one controller hot bar. i rarely have to switch. it just takes a bit of remembering when certain abilities were fired since the macro can only show one cooldown.
    another adjustment i have thought of doing was add bulwark to my ramp/fore macro. but i dont think i should. bulwark i use both offensively (to get more shield swipes) and defensively.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zlatan Tarrant
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    yeah, I tried that, but I found a solution to that.

My first hot bar has all my main stuff, the second bar is exactly the same (with things like shield oath/sword oath instead of CDs, Swipe instead of block, etc.) I never have to remember the positioning of my buttons because everything is the same except probably 3 buttons. No guessing at CDs, no need for macros, but thats just my preference.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Madahast Ashtree
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 46
    I play in PC with a controller, so I understand perfectly the need for macros to save space in the cross-bar.

What I use for Provoke is the following:

Cover
    /ac “Cover” <tt>
    /ac “Cover” <t>
    /ac “Provoke” <t>
    /ac “Shield Lob” <t>

I'm not sure if that will solve your problem but it might. The key to the macro is the first line. I use cover with provoke because the idea of voking something off a party member, which usually is not a tank, is to protect him/her from harm, so you have cover right there. The <TT> will target your target's target, meaning the mob target aka the party member in harm's way, and that makes it your target for the provoke action and then shield lob. I don't have a problem with targeting using that so far.

Hope this help you.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Madahast Ashtree
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 46
    Another thing, I wouldn't put Rage of Halone before Shield Lob, for me it doesn't make sense. You will have to wait until the mob is in range to attack with Rage of Halone, while with Shield Lob first, you will attack while the mob is approching, that way saving preciuos time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nesshin'na Kasai
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Try putting <mo> at the end for mouse-over targeting.

For Maraf - the point of putting RoH first is that it will trigger that if the mob is in range. Otherwise it will skip it and use Shield Lob. The macro generally isn't intended to do both.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Madahast Ashtree
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 46
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagittarian View Post
    Try putting <mo> at the end for mouse-over targeting.

For Maraf - the point of putting RoH first is that it will trigger that if the mob is in range. Otherwise it will skip it and use Shield Lob. The macro generally isn't intended to do both.
    True. Thanks for that Sagittarian.

Although I didn't explain myself correctly, and this is just my point of view and the way I play but, I prefer not to use Rage of Halone there anyway. In the majority of cases the mob in question is getting away from you so Shield Lob will trigger anyway and it has 120 potency and RoH just 100 without the combo effect. Don't quite remember which generate more enmity tho. If RoH without combo effect generate more enmity then maybe it justify its use, otherwise I stick to Shield Lob in the macro, and then Flash and Halone combo.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast