Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Food Guide: How To Properly Digest

Greetings from Istory! My name is Ele Lespeera and I will be your chef this evening.

When I first started this game, I had my heart on Culinary; however, I soon noticed how non-profitable it would be for me because you just couldnt eat food and get the benefits..there was some super secret formula o.O

Now us Culinarian's and other dedicated Crafters know about the effects of food and how wonderful it is. Yes, Culinarians from every server have done this, but I want to share this with you and keep doing so until you all know.

I have tried to break it down as elementary as possible so please for give the length (and I talk alot anyways sooo...)

What Is the Purpose of Food?

Food is used for boosting a variety of stats. You can use food for attribute boosts like DEX, VIT, MND, PIE,etc,etc.. or you can look for boosts of Control, Perception, Attack, HP/MP+,etc, etc...

When you use food you get +5 in what ever stat the food enhances. Yes, that doesn't sound special at all, but hold on to your silky Thor undies! I bring great news! If you use food properly, there is a bonus (Yes, a *☆BONUS☆*).

If you use food in the most proper way, you can receive up to about +7.4% of what the food enhances.

Have you ever seen someone eat something and they receive messages like "eats a ----- and finds it to be divine (delicious/tasty)"? Those are bonuses.

"Tastes divine" offers +7.4% to the stat
    "Tastes delicious" offers +5.4% to the stat
    "Tastes tasty" offers +3% to the stat

If you receive no message and only "well fed" means you are not receiving the bonus

How do I receive this bonus?

As you know, when you look up food on websites, you would see Optimal Rankrank #). Food has a favored optimal level just like equipment does. So you should pay attention to that as you SHOULD do for your equipment.

Also, to get the bonus for food, you have to utilize your points. Each raw food and dish has a favored rank, attribute, and element. You would need to apply the correct amount of points for those areas to receive the full bonus of the food you want to use.

I hear you guys already, "This means I dont have freedom for my points! D: "
    Settle down, its ways to still get a bonus for your food.
    (4)
    Pony|N00B Linkshell of Istory
    A starter LS where new people and returners can come in ask questions and receive help whenever they need it~ /tell Ele Lespeera or Toon Biscuit

Player

What food favors what stats

DISH TYPE………………………… .STAT……ELEMENT
    Meat Dish…………………………..STR…….FIRE
    Stews………………………………STR…….EARTH
    Soups………………………………PIE…….FIRE
    Grain Dish………………………….VIT…….WIND
    EggDish…………………………….VIT…….LIGHTNING
    Vegetable Dish (Salad)……………….DEX…….EARTH
    Vegetable Dish (Non-Salad)……………MND…….ICE
    Seafood Dish (Cooked)………………..DEX…….LIGHTNING
    Seafood Dish (Raw)…………………..INT…….WATER
    Sweets……………………………..INT…….ICE
    Drinks……………………………..MND…….WATER
    Dairy………………………………PIE…….WIND

**Raw Foods**
    STRENGTH - Meats
    VITALITY - Grains, Mushrooms
    DEXTERITY - Freshwater Fish, Saltwater Fish
    INTELLIGENCE - Vegetables, Lamp Marimo
    MIND - Eggs
    PIETY - Fruits

The Chart
    If I could get the chart on this forum.....
    Here's the link to the picture...sorry about that guys.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/9306/foodchart.png

This chart shows the optimal rank for food to the left, attribute stat in the middle, and the element stat to the right (obvious)

How Do I Use that information?

Let's do an example:

"I'm rank 36, but I'm having horrible luck with control on harder synthesis. I want to have better control! What can help me???"

Tuna Miq'abob: Optimal Rank 35
    Accuracy: +5
    Control: +5

From the list, you saw that cooked seafood dishes favors DEX and Lightning element.
    From the chart, you saw that rank 35 food favors attributes stats of 61 and element of 48.

To get "tastes divine" :

BOTH attribute AND element stats have to be+/- 5 of the optimal points.

Ex: DEX 63 Lightning 48 will give you divine
    Ex: DEX 66 Lightning 52 will give you divine
    Ex: DEX 66 Lightning 53 will give you divine

To get "tastes delicious" :

EITHER the attribute OR the element have be within +/- 3 of the optimal points

Ex: DEX 63 Lightning 55 will give you delicious
    Ex: DEX 103 Lightning 46 will give you delicious

To get "tastes tasty" :

EITHER the attribute OR the element have to be -/+ 4-5 of the optimal points.

Ex: DEX 66 Lightning 22 will give you tasty
    Ex: DEX 97 Lightning 52 will give you tasty

Its THAT simple
    Closing Time

That really is all there is to it. Many cooks know this and ive noticed other crafters know this also because Ive seen the messages they get nowadays.

I want to make sure I keep spreading the word about food effects because a Cook has to make that bread (literally!)

*Special thanks to all the cooks and crafters for their research and time!*

UPDATE: June 1 - corrected divine range after doing some testing with LS members
    (6)
    Last edited by Elea; 06-01-2011 at 04:12 PM. Reason: -_- cant get pic of chart on this thread
    A starter LS where new people and returners can come in ask questions and receive help whenever they need it~ /tell Ele Lespeera or Toon Biscuit

Player

I see that there are food charts in this forum so Im not going to post the menu. In my blog, I have a list of food to use for each disciple and what stat it enhances. each food dish and raw food also has a link. TO see this go to my blog -- http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...entry?e=188766
    Its 4 "THE MENU" Blogs separated by disciple

Still testing somethings out with the LS as guinea pigs.
    Seems the divine range may able to be higher that -/+3

ex; Tuna Miqabob
    LS member was 65DEX - 51Lightning
    He could get divine when the attribute point is at 65 (4 range gap)

Documenting in my blog.
    Let me know if you discover something guys
    (1)
    Last edited by Elea; 05-31-2011 at 09:52 PM.

Player
    Character
    Fallen Eden
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Hello! I am unable to see the chart, is this just me?
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by EdenArchangel View Post
    Hello! I am unable to see the chart, is this just me?

/sigh its not just you..it didnt get inserted right. Lemme fix that along with my divine range. Stand by...

I failed on fixing it but i put the image link in there :/
    (0)
    Last edited by Elea; 06-01-2011 at 04:12 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jet Chan
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Thanks so much for your guide, Ele. I follow your Lodestone blog, too. Can I get clarification?:

Under "What foods favor what stats", you list

**Raw Foods**
    STRENGTH - Meats
    VITALITY - Grains, Mushrooms
    DEXTERITY - Freshwater Fish, Saltwater Fish
    INTELLIGENCE - Vegetables, Lamp Marimo
    MIND - Eggs
    PIETY - Fruits

Why is the format backwards from the foods right above those (stat first, then food)? Does this part just mean that there's no favored element stat for these types of foods?
    (0)

www.mooglebox.com :: FFXIV power database and tools
    http://is.gd/huMmzP :: Sig making tutorial

Player

Looking at the chart it seems that food will not be able to increase my HP.
    If I am rank 50 and want to eat Knight's Bread then my VIT should be 87 and my wind 70.
    But having my VIT at 87 instead of 174 would cost me over 800 HP.
    Does that mean I need to find a food that increases HP that is not related to VIT?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaisersose Lionguard
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyomen View Post
    If I am rank 50 and want to eat Knight's Bread then my VIT should be 87 and my wind 70.
    Does that mean I need to find a food that increases HP that is not related to VIT?
    No, the food system is based off of the original idea for FFXIV which is, being able to change your class just by equipping a different weapon. With that said, The idea behind this was to build your characters stats in a balanced fashion. Thus, if your stats were balanced you are more likely to obtain the divine boost from food.

"that’s crazy!"
    "you're an idiot"
    "The stats are completely Broken"

I have received this response numerous times but the truth is right in front of everyone.

Sure you can put 174 points in STR but how much more damage are you really going to do? are the monster in the game so far just that hard that you NEED to do that much dmg?
    I know as a MRD it is very important for me to have points in my MND. How do I know? well the armor that is specific to my class (and LNC) gives a boost in Mind and Str... hmmm... why would my armor give me a stat boost in that attribute if it is pointless? I can tell you that since I balanced my stats all of my moves that add an effect to the mobs actually stick. I am ranting now >< sorry...

long story short, the stats in the game were ORIGNIALLY meant to be balanced. This hasn't been done in the game though and as a result the developers have decided to eliminate the Physical Level (aka the ability to have complete control over our stat distribution)
    With the elimination of the Physical Level I expect the food system to be tweaked.

as for the information in this thread, great job!! I am very impressed!! keep up the great work Elea
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jet Chan
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    You'd need to have both VIT and Wind at 87/70 respectively if you want the divine effect. But you can have your VIT at 174 and your Wind 67-73 to get the delicious effect. At least that's what this guide is saying.
    (0)

www.mooglebox.com :: FFXIV power database and tools
    http://is.gd/huMmzP :: Sig making tutorial

Player

Well if you do not want to mess with your VIT attribute, you can just have your wind element at 70 and you should get delicious. If it gives you tasty, just play around with the points +/- until u see delicious. I will admit that some of the points are off on that chart.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast