Player
    Character
    Karin Shironeko
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Let us add materia sockets to items?

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but let us add materia sockets to every items. Make it percentage based like melding with necessary components.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evercy Warclan
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    If this idea was percentage based, then why not just do forbidden melding anyways? You don't lose the item from failing to meld like in 1.xx, this would just be an extra unnecessary step

Unless you're referring to gear that has no innate Materia slots, but armor and weapons that don't have it are usually not worth using (unless it's the very low level gear that's still too low for Tier 1 materia
    (0)
    Last edited by NintenPyjak64; 11-26-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Player
    Character
    Karin Shironeko
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by NintenPyjak64 View Post
    Unless you're referring to gear that has no innate Materia slots, but armor and weapons that don't have it are usually not worth using (unless it's the very low level gear that's still too low for Tier 1 materia
    Yes I am referring to gears without sockets/slots, aka allagan and AF1/2. It opens up to further customization I don't see why it's not worth using. Perhaps it would create an easier encounter if all party members are fully socket-ed on their allagan pieces, but it's always tweakable.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Felgo Donnerherz
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Let's take that suggestion from the other side.
    We simply delete all gear form pink quality upwards and instantly achieved what you whish to have. Customization
    Ok, you can't insert slots, but we already have em.
    (0)
    I like Random-Number-Generator
    'cause I'm able to accept that
    a dice normally has six sides
    a pyramid has 5 sides
    a toast has 2 sides
    AND I CAN'T PREDICT WHICH SIDES IT FALLS TO.

Player
    Character
    Isabela Naur'uruloki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 42
    *Sigh* There is no reason for all items to not have at least one slot. The only thing I can think of is that they are afraid of making the characters too powerful. One slot, in a blue item, is not going to break the bank. Adding the creation of slots in items is just another headache in this already high learning curve game. Keep it simple and have them add one slot to green and blue items, and others that don't have any as needed.

Notice that I did not mention the Relics, well convincing them to add a slot is like pulling your own teeth. LoL
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Somna Sleepwalker
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon_Lord View Post
    *Sigh* There is no reason for all items to not have at least one slot. [...]
    Yes, there is a very good reason not to give them a slot. If you compared the stats on the Aetherial and green items with the white equivalents, the non-tradeskilled items have stats comparable to if you had slightly overmelded some materia onto your white item. There's no reason not to expect them not to do something similar with the 50+ gear if they decided to put in a slot.

Which means if they added materia slots to looted items, you're going to see a stat reduction anyway for each potential slot, guaranteed, in the name of versatility. When you have a looted/bought piece of item versus a tradeskilled piece of item of the same tier, the tradeskilled one has always had the better potential. That and the crazy overmelded gear with 5+ main stat materia in 1.0 is probably why they capped the tradeskilled versions 20 ilvls below the highest available looted one and put in stat caps that also apply to materia.
    (0)