Player
    Character
    Aedrict Solkaiser
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60

Suggestion for "Off Hand Items": Disciples of War and Magic

May I suggest something about the slot for the Off Hand Items for the Disciples of War and Magic. I mean some class/job have other weapons/items that they use for their abilities. Would it be better if we could have something that could boost those abilities if we have something to equip for it?

Take the Bard, whenever they activate a song, they will use the harp. Would it be nice to have an item called "harp" and have that item come with abilities that can boost the skills of the bard's song.

I think it would be a nice addition, since it will also fill up that empty slot. Only paladins for now have that slot occupied, with their shields. Other classes can have it as well.

The WAR uses a chain for an ability, so why not have a chain in that slot?

Although some classes would not have any items visible in their abilities, we can come up with new ones. Maybe Talimans for WHM? or Orbs for BLM?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aedrict Solkaiser
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Maybe they can also create an off hand item that could have an ability also. I mean something like a "Healing Harp" with a song that can heal for a minimal value. I know it might be exaggerated, but it can be something hard to obtain like our relics! Something that can add either stat vaules like Dex+8 or something that can give us a totally new ability that our cross ability with other class does not provide.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyrus Skywalker
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedrict View Post
    Maybe they can also create an off hand item that could have an ability also. I mean something like a "Healing Harp" with a song that can heal for a minimal value. I know it might be exaggerated, but it can be something hard to obtain like our relics! Something that can add either stat vaules like Dex+8 or something that can give us a totally new ability that our cross ability with other class does not provide.
    I really like this idea: give an ability with the off-hand thing. I think for a DRG, it would be nice to get some kind of spear decoration that boosts the power of your jumps or gives a new kind of jump or something
    (3)
    If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die... I must simply laugh

Player
    Character
    Aedrict Solkaiser
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by TychoCelchu View Post
    I really like this idea: give an ability with the off-hand thing. I think for a DRG, it would be nice to get some kind of spear decoration that boosts the power of your jumps or gives a new kind of jump or something
    So true, but I think they would be addressing that concern in 2.1, lol! It would be nice if the community could think of abilities that can be very beneficial for their class, in which the cross skills does not provide. Let's hope that the producers would give us a chance to look into this concept! XP
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jaynan Tesla
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 64
    I dunno about abilities but i miss the fact that Monks can no longer equip Chakrams in the off hand slot, I would like to see that come back and maybe have an ability that uses the MP we have absolutely no use for now lol
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mog Knight
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by TychoCelchu View Post
    I'd love to see some sort of Dragon Wing type equip that gives jumps different effects (and be visible so you can give your Dragoon badass dragon wings).
    Starter one could be something like "convert X% of damage dealt from Jumps into HP healed" and eventually higher leveled ones would be like "decrease potency but also decrease cool down time" or "additional damage over time effect from Dragonfire Dive"
    (Was anyone else mad that Estinien's Dragonfire Dive created a small AoE damage over time field but yours didn't? I SURE WAS)

These special effects could also consume MP 'cause Dragoons have a massive MP pool that doesn't get used for jack crap.
    (2)
    Last edited by Dragoonite; 11-27-2013 at 07:43 AM.