Character
    Alkimi Asura
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ri_ri View Post
    I'd love an option like that, but...
    most people don't play for the challenge.
    Story dungeons aren't a challenge. The only mildly difficult part of the whole storyline is the Lv40-odd Garuda but that's easily doable within the time limit once you learn her patterns. Without higher level gear CM and Praetorium are just longer, that's all.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Freaky Priest
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Didn't we just have this discussion?

Also rather amusing how when FFXI isn't mentioned making something simply take longer equates challenge, while otherwise time is never a challenge and only a timesink.

Oh and no, syncing doesn't make a challenge. Pretty much everyone knows the dungeons so it would just take longer. Heck, speedrunning them is a lot more challenging since tanking half the trash in the dungeon at once at least requires some effort.
    (0)

Character
    Haru Degurechaff
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 65
    Think this thread already happened, kinda sorta. Level syncing a dungeon that most have already done the "challenging" way will do nothing but take away gears worth. Your taking away what it means to progress, and taking away end game content in general by syncing every dungeon. What will be the point of doing the dungeons more than once if the gear is meaningless because it gets synced to every dungeon?
    (1)
    Last edited by Battlewrench; 11-23-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Player
    Character
    Attackat Muaddib
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by vuduy View Post
    Wow I'm surprised that so many of you like no-challenge contents?
    ^^ This ^^

Sad, but this to me shows the "hardcore" aren't hardcore at all when it comes to true game play. They only cry about it when they are trying to obtain the items, but once obtained, they want it to be as powerful as the items can be in any low level dungeons.

Yeah, unsync'd iLvl 90 item in a sub-lvl 50 dungeon makes it "hardcore" ... ROTFLMAO

jc
    (1)

Player
    Character
    One Mule
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 2
    Fast forward when gears are iLevel 120+, you don't think players wearing iL120+ helping first timers in CM/Praetorium is destroying their experiences? That is like allowing level 50 to help level 15 clearing Satasha.

CM/Praetorium is at i50-i65 level; players wearing i120+ is double the level of power. This totally contradicts the level sync system.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Claire Pendragon
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I have purposefully avoided doing endgame, in hopes that more variance would come with hard mode dungeons (As I found out today, it's not going to work like that sadly)
    I heard so many stories of people trying to work hard to overcome the challenges of Lv50 dungeons, which got me excited, but I knew tiered armor would just ruin that, if my 1st time I went in, and half the people or more were so over geared, they would just zerg it. (like they do now.)

I'm no longer excited to do them, solely because I know the fights wont be as fun.

I loved CoP and its level syncing in FFXI for this challenge. (I would help PUGs every weekend, just because I found it fun.)

I know most ppl want to make it as easy as possible, when helping others, or when farming more mats. (After a bazillion times, it gets annoying, doing the same dungeon over and over.)

But once you remove the option of doing something on its original difficulty, it kinda ruins it for those who arent tired of it yet, or have yet to experience it at its finest.
    (2)

Character
    Haru Degurechaff
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 65
    Quote Originally Posted by vuduy View Post
    Fast forward when gears are iLevel 120+, you don't think players wearing iL120+ helping first timers in CM/Praetorium is destroying their experiences? That is like allowing level 50 to help level 15 clearing Satasha.

CM/Praetorium is at i50-i65 level; players wearing i120+ is double the level of power. This totally contradicts the level sync system.
    By that time the level cap will hopefully be increased making it so they can have the content level synced with the ilevels in the 50 range while the rest have moved on. I think SE shot themselves in the foot by making previous dungeons tied to the story and anything other than gear progression because new players will always have twice as much trouble finding groups and may quit. I digress though because that's sort of another topic and I think it has a thread already.

late edit : I don't think syncing the dungeons will make the content challenging either since were following a script. It will only leave less room for mistakes but since so many know the dungeons like the back of their hand now it wont matter. Randomizing the dungeons and adding hard modes is the only thing that I can imagine they'll do to spice things up and make things challenging.

another edit : ... lol too many last thoughts on the subject, but I wanted to add I'm for the challenge.
    (0)
    Last edited by Battlewrench; 11-23-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Player
    Character
    Akira Ono
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Can't you just choose not to be carried by your friends?
    (0)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AttacKat View Post
    ^^ This ^^

Sad, but this to me shows the "hardcore" aren't hardcore at all when it comes to true game play. They only cry about it when they are trying to obtain the items, but once obtained, they want it to be as powerful as the items can be in any low level dungeons.

Yeah, unsync'd iLvl 90 item in a sub-lvl 50 dungeon makes it "hardcore" ... ROTFLMAO

jc
    Part of the reason a hardcore player seeks out stronger gear is because they are rewarded both by becoming more ready for challenging content AND by needing less time to clear easier content that they might still need to do. There is no incentive to obtain loot if it can't be used to make anything easier.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Vactus Serakai
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AttacKat View Post
    ^^ This ^^

jc
    This isn't about low level dungeons where everything syncs. This is about easy lvl 50 dungeons where as long as you're in AF gear it's super easy. Have you done anything post AV?
    (1)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast