Player
    Character
    Duelle Urelle
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcyon_Densetsu View Post
    Do consider, as well, that SE and a few Japanese companies are totally swimming against the dominant stream as far as allowing YouTube videos is concerned (most publishers in the world, and notably in the USA, are not that restrictive, and understand that these are new grounds with law very much in the making, lagging behind current technology and social trends).
    I want to add to this by saying I was watching the stream from Blizzcon (which took place a couple of weeks ago). Their art panel showed WoW's new player character models that will come with the new expansion, and at one point the conversation veered into "I'm dying to see how the machinima guys make use these new models and animations we've made". Not from fans, mind you, but Blizzard employees working on the game.

How I would love to see SE someday take that approach. Let fanvids and machinima be.
    (1)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line like good little casters.
    * Design ideas:
    Red Mage - COMPLETE (https://tinyurl.com/y6tsbnjh), Chemist - Second Pass (https://tinyurl.com/ssuog88), Thief - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/vdjpkoa), Rune Fencer - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/y3fomdp2)

Character
    Neru Silverlight
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikorayu View Post
    Thank you!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Neph Halp
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    You guys are morons, by linking videos in this thread you are literally handing SE a list of things to make copyright claim against and have taken down. No one else has honestly noticed a trend here? Especially with the OP?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Yuuna Luna
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by NephHalp View Post
    You guys are morons, by linking videos in this thread you are literally handing SE a list of things to make copyright claim against and have taken down. No one else has honestly noticed a trend here? Especially with the OP?
    This.

I was just about to say this after skimming the thread. By linking the videos and mirrors in the FFXIV forums, which moderators are actively paid to read and report, delete, edit, and ban as needed, you are taking the work out of them having to look for these things in order to take action. Additionally, it is possible that they can't not report it if it appears here if they are simply trying to ignore the existence of such videos.

Seriously people. Stahp. The videos are amazing, yes, and Square-Enix should leave them alone since they draw massive hype for the game, but you're only hurting your own cause.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Erik Shepard
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 1
    Then how would people know the links to the videos? Unless I post it on reddit or something, but not everyone visits these sites. I guess I'll just wait until this 'glitch' has been fixed before re-uploading.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Neph Halp
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Then how would people know the links to the videos? Unless I post it on reddit or something, but not everyone visits these sites. I guess I'll just wait until this 'glitch' has been fixed before re-uploading.
    Knowing the link is pointless if it just gets the video taken down.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yuuna Luna
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    It was taken down already. And now... now I cannot watch it. So. That link is really helpful, man.

I wonder how they found it?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Astraea Trinity
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    It might be something to do with just this particular video though, as someone did a Roe version (I dont dare link it just in case) and its been up for a while compared to these which get taken down seemingly within a day or so
    (0)
    Last edited by AstreaTrinity; 11-29-2013 at 08:54 AM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9