Player
    Character
    Kuro Suna
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 29

Summoner Melding

I have a vanya robe that i plan to meld as much as possible to hopefully help me skip over the myth robe. I just cant stand how it looks and the thought of being forced into wearing it for who knows how long is kinda sickening.

So anyway I'm curious what materia i should meld as a dot class. To me it seems like crit or determination would be best but i, curious if any one has tested it to see which is really better. It seems to be a choice of more over all tick damage or the random chance that the ticks will crit, but i have no idea what my percentage is now or what it would be after.

As it stands now my crit is at 455 and my determination is at 271. Any thoughts on which way i should go? (for reference the robe wont take any more int then what is on the base HQ)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Estelle Arwen
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Why would you do this? Even with Materia IV in all 5 slots it's still much worst than af2/allagan gear
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kuro Suna
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 29
    coil gear is one thing (i assume that's where allagan gear comes from) but if that's doable with vanya why would i need to spend the myth on the robe? I just don't want to wear af2 while I'm stuck waiting on my guild to get into coil. Besides people wear vanya all the time, when melded it can be as good as af2 and if not right below it.

I cant see it causing that much of a hit my dps if i have full myth in every other slot.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryuko Kanzeon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I understand your concerns about not liking how it looks (although I do think it looks better than the normal AF robe), but you really should reconsider. The myth AFv2 piece is actually a very good item for a summoner... I would argue 'best in slot' and you don't even need to enter coil to get it.

It provides you with 34 crit and 17 determination -- both great damage stats. That's on top of the 29 vit/int. You simply cannot meld all of those great stats onto a Vanya robe (and don't forget that there IS 'invisible' stat caps when melding gear). The allagan robe (comparable to AFv2 robe) is still not as good as the AFv2 robe because the two stats on it are 24 ss/det.

By the way, and I thought I would put this here because vanya robe has accuracy while the others don't:

Known SMN accuracy cap for all turns in coil is about 435, give or take. Summoner pet accuracy cap is slightly higher. It is theorized to be at about 450. Note: food does not affect pet stats, including accuracy.

To get a safe accuracy cap between 440-450 with food, the items you will want are...

AFv2 Body/Head/Hands
    Allagan Legs/Feet
    Myth Belt/Bracelet/Neck

The items you can play with are: rings, earrings. (Feel free to go crazy melding these if you want, although the only piece I will likely be melding are the earrings.)

This will get you to your acc cap while also providing you with plenty of crit/det. Spellspeed is of less importance, but you will get a lot of it while filling other 'best in slot' items.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ryuko; 11-21-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Player
    Character
    Torin Escarpa
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    To answer the OP's question, you want to meld Savage Aim (crit) materia into it.

Savage Aim III
    Savage Aim III
    Savage Aim III
    Savage Aim III
    Savage Aim II

This will give you 27 (max) total. Combined with the inherent max int/vit/acc and decent det values already on the piece, it makes it better than anything short of i90, and almost as good as the Allagan body. (if current theories on smn stat weights can be believed)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zero West
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleSphinx View Post
    Why would you do this? Even with Materia IV in all 5 slots it's still much worst than af2/allagan gear
    This. The INT gained from the gear you get is more valuable than any amount of melds you could put on to vanya gear. You can't hate looking like a summoner that much or you wouldn't have chose the class. AF2 is the best body piece for your class so far. More crit and more INT than you know what to do with. Plus it's a HUGE VIT boost.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kuro Suna
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 29
    Quote Originally Posted by Zer0mr View Post
    snip
    It's no secret that i hate the summoners armor, and the summoners weapon, but i love the summoner class.

Quote Originally Posted by T0rin View Post
    snip
    Thank you for taking the time to actually answer the question. Good to know im on the right track.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cesil Rapture
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zer0mr View Post
    This. The INT gained from the gear you get is more valuable than any amount of melds you could put on to vanya gear. You can't hate looking like a summoner that much or you wouldn't have chose the class. AF2 is the best body piece for your class so far. More crit and more INT than you know what to do with. Plus it's a HUGE VIT boost.
    Exactly. You can't replace that kind of INT. INT is the most powerful stat we can use...LOL I'd never gimp myself because I think something is ugly. Haha right now my character looks ridiculous, smn myth body, horn and legs..with the vanya melded shoes. I look like a Christmas decoration gone wrong...but I never have any acc or damage problems ^^

The vanya robe is okay..but even with those melds it pales in comparison to our Myth body.
    (0)