Player
    Character
    C'mell Cordwainer
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80

/micon

Are there icons useable specifically for Macros, which don't use an existing ability's icon? Or is it just the big M, and remember what you put on that slot!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ampersand Kai
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    You can choose from other icons by clicking on the macro's icon in the editing pane. The icon next to the macro's title.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aria Ardeo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
    You can choose from other icons by clicking on the macro's icon in the editing pane. The icon next to the macro's title.
    Yeah, but what if I'd like to use other icons in my macros. For example, what if I want a sleep macro that uses the icon for target Ignore 1 or 2? I have these macros and I would love if they could show the ignore icon 1 and 2 instead of either the sleep icon twice or the blue numbers.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mide Uyagir
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I think they should make every icon in the game (spells, target markers, food, gear, potions/elixirs, everything) available for use in macros.
    (4)

Greetings,

Apologies for the bump! Below is a comment from Hiroshi Minagawa about macro icons pertinent to the topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroshi_Minagawa View Post
    Can you make it so when /micon is used for macros, the icon in the macro window also changes based on what is indicated?
    We've included this in our list of items for implementation, so please give us some time to get it in.

We are currently prioritizing adding other icons that are supported by /micon (for example, gear set, emotes, and class icons) as well as making it easier to determine which is a macro using /micon and which is the normal action when they are both set to the hotbar. As such, the above request is scheduled to take place after this.
    • For your reference
      Currently, in the edit section on the right side of the User Macro window you can select a macro icon from the button that is at the top. When selecting an icon this way and also using /micon, the /micon setting takes priority when setting this macro to the hotbar, but the icon you selected with the button will be displayed in the macro window.

By using this method to set the icons, it will become somewhat easier to distinguish the macros from the window.

I apologize for the inconvenience while we work to address this.
    (17)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Amanda Huggenkiss
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Emotes too please!
    (3)
    I like frog

Greetings,

I have some follow-up information to share.

In patch 2.16 we’ll be increasing the amount of icons that are supported by the “/macroicon (/micon)” command, which will include emotes, minions, mounts, and other general actions.
    (31)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Katella Avenlea
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Camate,

One more thing, I'm not sure if you guys are aware of is that /micon doesn't show the spell picture at all if the spell picture you are referencing is for a different class /job. To clarify - here is an example:

I created:

/micon "Esuna"
    /ac "Esuna" <t>
    /ac "Leeches" <t>

to use on both whm & sch, mostly because many scholar skills are so very similar in color and I wanted to more quickly discern.

When I'm on whitemage, this macro behaves correctly and shows Esuna's picture on the hotbar. However, once I change to scholar and try to use the very same macro, the macro picture is changed to the default grey "M" on the hotbar.

Any chance this could be fixed? Could we please be allowed to just use the picture we want and have it show the global cooldown we assign through /micon?
    Very low on importance I know, but it would be nice.
    (0)
    Last edited by Katella_Avenlea; 02-14-2014 at 08:40 AM. Reason: grammar

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Katella_Avenlea View Post
    /micon "Esuna"
    /ac "Esuna" <t>
    /ac "Leeches" <t>

to use on both whm & sch, mostly because many scholar skills are so very similar in color and I wanted to more quickly discern.

When I'm on whitemage, this macro behaves correctly and shows Esuna's picture on the hotbar. However, once I change to scholar and try to use the very same macro, the macro picture is changed to the default grey "M" on the hotbar.
    You can at least assign it the Esuna icon rather than the grey "M" icon in the macro editing window. That doesn't give you the cooldown display like the /micon command can, but if it's the global cooldown, then you've likely got that showing on most of your hotbar slots anyway.

I don't think you're going to be able to get an Esuna icon showing its cooldown when Esuna itself isn't on cooldown, Leeches is.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lenne Sari
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Katella_Avenlea View Post
    One more thing, I'm not sure if you guys are aware of is that /micon doesn't show the spell picture at all if the spell picture you are referencing is for a different class /job. To clarify - here is an example:

I created:

/micon "Esuna"
    /ac "Esuna" <t>
    /ac "Leeches" <t>
    What if you did the following instead? I'm currently not a system where I can test this myself.

/micon "Esuna"
    /micon "Leeches"
    /ac "Esuna" <t>
    /ac "Leeches" <t>
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast