Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49
  1. #1
    Player
    Twinbros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    50
    Character
    Caleb Agron
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 66

    Terrible mechanics for Alts.

    So I've never seen a game so hostile to people who play alt characters, I take particular issue with the inability for you to send materials from what character to the other VIA in game mail. Having to use a 3rd party to transfer materials is kinda annoying. This really needs to be changed so that your not only limited to sending mail to those on your friends list.
    (15)

  2. #2
    Player
    Crystallus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    74
    Character
    N'ala Enaud
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    My Alt key works fine in game 0 issues.
    (49)

  3. #3
    Player
    RavenL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    181
    Character
    Ayana Yuuki
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinbros View Post
    So I've never seen a game so hostile to people who play alt characters, I take particular issue with the inability for you to send materials from what character to the other VIA in game mail. Having to use a 3rd party to transfer materials is kinda annoying. This really needs to be changed so that your not only limited to sending mail to those on your friends list.
    I agree! Let's let anyone send mail to anybody else. I look forward to the 50k messages from gold sellers.

    The game is more or less built around not needing alt characters.
    (16)

  4. #4
    Player
    Dale's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    238
    Character
    Jeremy Dale
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    What bothers me about leveling Alts is the combination of limited space and a lack of useful information.

    Your inventory and armory on this game can fill up quickly and there is no description on the gear that allows you tell which pieces you have reserved for different gear sets. So after accidentally dumping several pieces of gear I was wearing on my other classes in an effort to clean up my inventory... I said to heck with this and told my alts to kiss my backside.

    If they would put special labels on gear that I have saved to gear-sets it would help. At least it would me.
    (3)

  5. #5
    Player
    Luso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    295
    Character
    Sally Syrup
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    There is little need to have an alt as you can level and play on just one character. At the moment the restriction on transferring and mailing to alts is an effective way to fight rmt.
    (8)
    Adventure, that's the life for me!

  6. #6
    Player Reiterpallasch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    784
    Character
    Adria Mal'doran
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenL View Post
    The game is more or less built around not needing alt characters.
    That's why it's setup to let you have 8 characters per server, after all.

    Only a few replies in and I'm already hearing a whole lot of "This isn't something I want, so you can't have it either".
    (19)

  7. #7
    Player
    Pride_Xiv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    35
    Character
    Pride Xiv
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystallus View Post
    My Alt key works fine in game 0 issues.

    Lol gotta love the humor in these boards
    (2)

  8. #8
    Player
    Dahdrael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    22
    Character
    Lantis Cody
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    kinda pointless to pay the larger subscription fee for 8 characters on one server with all those restrictions, thats why i'm sticking to the entry sub.
    (4)

  9. #9
    Player
    Naunet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,005
    Character
    Mide Uyagir
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenL View Post
    I agree! Let's let anyone send mail to anybody else. I look forward to the 50k messages from gold sellers.
    Right, because in all those other MMOs that allow mailing to whomever, I'm totally besieged by RMT spam.

    Except I'm not.

    @OP: I agree. All the things locked behind quest and level walls and the inability to mail between characters is really frustrating and poor design.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luso View Post
    At the moment the restriction on transferring and mailing to alts is an effective way to fight rmt.
    Those partaking in RMT have ready access to hundreds, if not thousands, of accounts, and more every day. The mailing restriction means absolutely nothing to them.
    (11)

  10. #10
    Player
    Sybreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    68
    Character
    Silvaire Gerraldieux
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Luso View Post
    There is little need to have an alt as you can level and play on just one character. At the moment the restriction on transferring and mailing to alts is an effective way to fight rmt.
    This would be fine if it weren't for the fact that some people like playing different races and/or genders on their alts, instead of an all in one. Furthermore, the absolute lack of quests in this game makes it so that you very quickly run out of any way to level aside from FATE grinding, which makes many people want to just roll up a totally new character to get all the quests back.
    (8)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast