Player
    Character
    Dark Drakon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70

Whats allowed for multiboxing if Dev. could please answer/shed light on

I know multiboxing in it's self isn't illegal as long as it doesn't use 3rd party programs. My Wife and I play FFXIV together I play on PS3 she plays on 1 PS3 and 1 PC accounts but sometimes we'd like to do low lvl dungeons together and she likes to multibox and multi-task, basically she has 1 PS3 account and 1 PC account and she'd like to get a 3rd account all on separate SE accounts so her setup is 1 PS3 1 PC, if a Dev/Mod could clarify it'd be, 1 PS3 2 PC's and there's been other's asking the same thing, She has done this on other MMO's FFXI included, most people think of it as "Grey area". she uses the /follow and /ac "Skill/Spell" <tt> macro. She don't want to bust her rear end on her characters just for SE to change ToS so multiboxing isn't allowed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Schala Zeal
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    I think it's a form of cheating that facilitates botting and/or abusing rewards for events and other things (get 4 of one thing while others only get 1, because they don't have 4 chars at once). Including just plain farming.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dark Drakon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by SchalaZeal View Post
    I think it's a form of cheating that facilitates botting and/or abusing rewards for events and other things (get 4 of one thing while others only get 1, because they don't have 4 chars at once). Including just plain farming.
    How is it getting 4 things at once? your still having to gear up each character just as anyone else thats playing solo, and I have yet to see everyone in our parties to get an item per kill, Hell her characters are considered gimped gear wise.
    (0)
    Last edited by DarkStaoneDragon; 11-17-2013 at 04:27 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mide Uyagir
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    She'll be fine. As long as she isn't using some kind of program to automate her characters without her input, then her multiboxing is safe.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kailea Nagisa
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    you don't need a dev/mod to tell you, multi boxing is not against the ToS -.-
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Schala Zeal
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkStaoneDragon View Post
    How is it getting 4 things at once? your still having to gear up each character just as anyone else thats playing solo, and I have yet to see everyone in our parties to get an item per kill, Hell her characters are considered gimped gear wise.
    How about multi-boxing for crafting? Macro your craft and press on #1, press on #2, press on #3, press on #4...make 4x the profit in 1x the time...

That kind of abuse.

In Atlantica Online, people openly abused special instances called individual dungeons (from 1 to 3 players allowed). They need a key and stay open for a set duration, under which they have to be completed to get the bonus reward. Everyone in the instance gets the bonus reward. You go solo, you get 1, you go with 3 total, each gets 1. And those instances didn't level sync you, so you could overgear most of them, by far - and thus solo them. Then bring your 2 multibox, and get triple reward. Thus making the honest solo-boxer get 1/3 of the reward.

How did it affect the solo-boxer? Well, the best rewards were sellable (new mercenaries sometimes), for billions. So it gave a much higher supply, reduced the price faster and also caused inflation vs that player because every multiboxer would make more money/time.

Legal, perhaps. Cheating, definitely.

For dungeons, well there's tomes. She gets 300 philosophy tomes per run, you and I get 100 tomes. How is that fair?
    (0)
    Last edited by SchalaZeal; 11-17-2013 at 04:43 AM.

Player
    Character
    Dark Drakon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    When you do a forum search you'll see a lot of people asking the same thing, and it looks like it was asked in the french and Spanish forums as well, that's the reason for the clarification request, here's the search results, http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/s...rchid=14318668 if it was cut and clear there wouldn't be this many questions about it, it's better to be safe than sorry.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Squishy Pants
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by SchalaZeal View Post
    Legal, perhaps. Cheating, definitely.
    So next you'll tell me someone who plays for 24 hrs straight is cheating because that's an obvious advantage over others who can just play a few hours here and there. Just because someone can do something you cannot does not mean its cheating.
    (11)

Character
    Em Six
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    ITT having multiple accounts is now cheating
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Schala Zeal
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by DSN View Post
    So next you'll tell me someone who plays for 24 hrs straight is cheating because that's an obvious advantage over others who can just play a few hours here and there. Just because someone can do something you cannot does not mean its cheating.
    Nah, its not. If you can manage to not sleep and not eat and stay alive. Go for broke.

It's when you play 4 accounts for 6 hours each and accomplish the work of 24 hours, while me who plays 6 hours can't do that. Unless I also cheat.

ITT having multiple accounts is now cheating
    I'd say if its you playing them all at the same time, yes. If it's other household members, no. Get 25 accounts and play them separately for all I care. Not at once.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast